Carne Asada Christmas

Ben and I are spending Christmas with his family in Florida so we went to visit my family for a celebratory dinner tonight. Since the weather is gorgeous and we’re Mexican, we grilled carne asada, chicken and bell peppers…IMG 2824 800x533 thumb Carne Asada Christmas

I had a big plate of chicken, beans, rice and salad. Corn tortillas went unpictured. They’re shy.IMG 2830 800x533 thumb Carne Asada Christmas

Before we hit up my mom’s we visited my Grams. She’s in a nursing facility due to some health issues. She insisted I take this scarf, I don’t know who/where she got it from but I just had to. Grandmas are funny like that.IMG 2836 533x800 thumb Carne Asada Christmas

I’m going to miss my fam on Christmas wlEmoticon sadsmile5 Carne Asada Christmas It won’t be a very Feliz Navidad without them.IMG 2840 800x533 thumb Carne Asada Christmas

After dinner I had a glass of eggnog. I’ve been avoiding buying it so I could steal my mom’s. Daughters are funny like that wlEmoticon winkingsmile12 Carne Asada Christmas

IMG 2853 533x800 thumb Carne Asada Christmas

Now Matt and I are playing Wii. IMG 2860 800x533 thumb Carne Asada Christmas

(Un)Fun RER Fact: I am the worst video game player you will ever meet. Someone sitting on the controller would beat me. IMG 2861 800x533 thumb Carne Asada Christmas

Good thing I’m not competitive and write blog posts in between my turns wlEmoticon smile21 Carne Asada Christmas

IMG 2863 800x533 thumb Carne Asada Christmas

Besides, the sooner I lose the sooner I can grab some dessert…  Ha, who’s the loser now?! (<-said with cookie in my mouf)IMG 2864 800x533 thumb Carne Asada Christmas

Time for Sunday Set Up!

Meals: Eat everything in the fridge since we’re going out of town Friday! I’m going to try and not buy anything except a few veggies tomorrow.

Exercise:

• Sunday: Rest day
  • Monday: Speed
  • Tuesday:Tempo and strength
  • Wednesday:Class or Yoga
  • Thursday: Strength, maybe a class
  • Friday:Long Run TBD (Red eye to FL that night)
  • Saturday: Land in FL early morning, so maybe a walk later in the day.

Ben and I are leaving for Florida Friday night. We’ll be there until Jan. 4th! It’s going to be a long trip, but I’m hoping to get in a lot of good family time, relaxation, and blog updates. Please comment or email (runeatrepeat at gmail) if there is anything you’d like added to the pages or new features you’d like to see. I appreciate you reading and appreciate your feedback.

Comments

I wish I could go to Florida! I hate Chicago winters! Looks like you had a great dinner with your family.
    My kids usually want to beat me with the video game remotes because I have no idea what I’m doing. They usually just yell “get the mushroom!” “Get the fire power!” Fun times.

2. Lorin says

I think it would be cool to incorporate some of the stuff you learned from Personal Training or some weekly tips? Besides that, I love your blog! :)

I’d love to see some good socal running routes- especially places for long runs (10+ miles). And that is a really long trip! But I guess when you’re flying across the country you might as well stay for awhile.

I think I just MIGHT be a worse gamer than you! It’s possible!! Lol. I only like to play the Just Dance games although I heard there is a new BEP game that I should probably try someday.

Totally try to clean our fridge before we leave for Minnesota for a week. Yay.

I really like your blog – the honesty is very appreciated and I like that you let your personality show through. I have been a reader for over 2 years now! I can’t really think of any suggestions at this time, but I will make sure to drop you a note if I think of anything.

I hope you have a great trip. Remember to scope out every possible cookie to make sure you haven’t found the right one. (I really don’t think you need reminding, but just in case).

Take lots of pictures to make us all jealous.

7. Jessica says

“Take lots of pictures to make us all jealous.” –> DOO EEET!

Have a great trip, enjoy the sun, the fam and the cookies (we moved to PA last year after living in FL for 11 years, we miss it!). As for the blog, I’m only a recent reader, within the last 6 months, but I always check in, every day. I think you’re real, you’re honest about food / your feelings and you inspire me to keep running. :)

Happy holidays to you and Ben!

New ideas for your already lovely blog… You seem like a generally positive and happy person. I’d be interested in reading about how you stay positive on everyday basis. What do you do when you get that “I am fat and worthless feeling”? Or maybe you never get that…

Also, how would you advice on acquiring more body acceptation – being able to look in the mirror and say “I am lovely just the way I am today”. There are of course no perfect or ultimate answers to these questions, but I would be interested in reading your thoughts and thus being a bit wiser yet.

Keep blogging, sweet runner girl!

9. Bethany says

I think I have you beat as the worst video game player. The only thing I am good at is the balance games in Wii Fit. I hope you have a Merry Christmas with your in-laws.

I bought a Wii for my Dear for Christmas and I’m psyched! Suggest any specific games? I’m not the best video game player either- maybe it’s a girl thing :P

11. Jennifer says

I saw in previous posts that you mentioned you are looking for the “perfect cookie.” I’m not sure what type of a criteria the perfect cookie needs to fit, but it made me think of the cookie recipe I use with pudding mix. It’s the best chocolate chip cookie I’ve ever had! Especially if you use French Vanilla pudding…but regular Vanilla or White Chocolate work great too.

Just thought I’d pass it along for you to try :)

Hello there, simply became alert to your weblog thru Google, and found that it is really informative. I am going to be careful for brussels. I’ll appreciate in case you proceed this in future. Numerous other people might be benefited out of your writing. Cheers!