One Windy Run

This morning I was supposed to do a 6 miler with 4 tempo miles. But, the wind was crazy! I kept my head down so my visor wouldn’t fly off and just did what I could. IMG_4303 (600x800)

We’re leaving super early tomorrow morning so this is my last run in Florida for this trip. I’m going to miss the flat land!!IMG_4300 (800x600)

It’s a beautiful day, but chili con carne. image

Breakfast was a big egg scramble with spinach, salsa (lazy girl’s chopped tomatoes!) and laughing cow cheese. Plus PB&J with banana.IMG_4310 (800x600)

After breakfast Ben’s mom and I went to the store. We randomly peeked into Bell’s and found these barefoot running style shoes on sale. It was a great deal so I am now the proud owner of knock-off Vibrams. Now I’m super bummed I can’t run tomorrow. I am a Tarahumara deep down Winking smile

IMG_4313 (800x600)

This has been my little blog headquarters these past 2 weeks – the family room. During the day it’s super quiet because it’s just Ben’s mom and dad here. IMG_4317 (800x600)

Winner of the 52 Changes Giveaway – Stacey Daly

Question: Would you rather run (or walk) in heavy wind or light rain?

I skipped my outdoor run today because of the wind and cold. My pace usually decreases so I feel like I’m going nowhere. I get frustrated and more than likely cut the run short. Boo! I’ll take a light rain any day!

2. Malin says

Rain over wind every day of the week.

I want to thank you for mentioning HIIT and the Tabata clock, it was the first I heard of it and it gave my workout a new boost.

I try to crumble it onto the eggs when they’re almost done cooking. It’s not easy and sometimes stays in mostly one place so I spread it a little more once it’s on my plate.

Congrats on the purchase! I don’t think I could make the purchase- I’m worried that they’ll screw up my already screwed up knees [although, I’ve heard they’re supposed to help that?!]… Def would rather run in light rain and get a little wet than run in the wind!

I’ll take light rain. I actually like the Portland mist we get when it happens later in a run – keeps me cool.

Don’t do too much too fast in the new shoesies! I have some fivefingers and I still don’t run in them yet. I just walk and do weight-lifting.

I’d pick light rain any day. I actually like light rain in the summertime.
    Lately, I’ve done my long runs on the coldest, windiest days of the week (yay, planning!)
    On those runs, my motto is *what doesn’t knock me down makes me stronger*.

Super easy question – light rain for sure. Wind is evil. I hate it and where I live it is constantly windy. Not a fan. Running in the light rain is awesome because once you’re wet, it’s no big deal, and it makes you feel like a real runner no matter how far or hard you ran, haha.

I LOVE running in the rain. Light rain feels the best because it cools you down a little bit. The worst part is when you get home and have to peel off your wet running gear 😉

I actually really enjoy running in the rain. As long as it isn’t so hard that it makes seeing difficult. I’m not a big fan of running when it’s windy, however.

I’d pick light rain any day! I did a half marathon in November where there was no choice, though–heavy rain AND wind at times. I’m a big fan of Laughing Cow Cheese and egg, by the way; I scramble the egg in a mug, drop in a wedge of cheese, and nuke it for a minute. YUM!

Ugh hate running in the wind and rain but I would rather run than walk since it will get over with faster! My only marathon was run in a Noreaster (nasty rainy windy storm) and this past year I ran over a friggin bridge in what felt like a hurricane!

OMG I WON! I never win anything!!!! I’m so excited!!!!! I would rather run in light rain. Here in AZ, it’s usually really hot, so light rain is always nice to cool down. I was running a couple of weeks ago, and it got really windy as a storm was moving in. I got nervous! The wind made me feel like I needed to hurry up and get home. I’ll take light rain anyday. :-)

12. TiffanyS says

Light rain all the way. Heavy wind is a real bummer. It just makes what already feels hard even harder. Rain can be refreshing actually.

13. Jessica says

Well – what about heavy rain and storm? :)
    it’s pretty rare here that it’s actually raining without any wind, so I can’t decide, I guess.