Salty Carb Loading with Popcorn

I went to Costco to pick up a prescription and left with a full cart. How does that happen?! IMG 4368 800x600 thumb Salty Carb Loading with Popcorn

It wasn’t even justifiable purchases – I got a massive box of Fiber One Brownies – a product I’ve never tried before (and normally would avoid!).

Yes, it’s kinda risky to buy 36 of something when you have no idea if it’s good or not. I figured I should try one right away to ease my mind. They are only half as good as Vitatops, but also cost only half as much so it kinda evens out?IMG 4372 800x600 thumb Salty Carb Loading with Popcorn

Warning: Objects in my massive hand appear smaller than they are.IMG 4373 800x600 thumb Salty Carb Loading with Popcorn

After Costco I went to get my half marathon bib. I’m not super excited about this race (because I need a break) but this would be where I would do my solo run tomorrow anyways. I’m going to treat like a long run full of new friends that don’t want to talk to me.IMG 4377 600x800 thumb Salty Carb Loading with Popcorn

Since I only realized the race is tomorrow this morning someone asked if I’d be carb loaded in time. Oh little readers, you know I’m always carb locked and loaded in case I’m going to die tomorrow.

I love eating salty carbs before a race and today I went with Orville SmartPop. It hit all my snack needs – crunchy, salty and a lot of it (I need volume when I’m a snack monster!). IMG 4379 800x600 thumb Salty Carb Loading with Popcorn

I’m doing a partnership with Orville Redenbacher this month and will be speaking with their spokesperson Bernie from the Biggest Loser next week!

He has always been one of my favorites from that show! I think Bernie is adorable wlEmoticon smile2 Salty Carb Loading with Popcorn And he’ll be answering some RER reader questions via a vlog in two weeks! Please email or leave any questions for Bernie in the comments.bernie from biggest loser thumb Salty Carb Loading with Popcorn(image source)

Dinner was ww spaghetti on a bed of brussel sprouts. I’d sleep on a bed of b.sprouts if given the chance but probably wake up smelling like farts.IMG 4382 800x600 thumb Salty Carb Loading with Popcorn

I think this ad in my latest Oxygen magazine is a message directly to me – You are what you eat…IMG 4390 600x800 thumb Salty Carb Loading with Popcorn

“So stop eating so much.”IMG 4389 600x800 thumb Salty Carb Loading with PopcornThey can’t all be ‘feel good’ ads. I like the straight shooter method anyways.

Disclaimer: Orville Redenbacher is compensating me for my Smart Snacking posts. But, I haven’t seen one single free kernel of popcorn. I always have that salty goodness on hand for snack attacks and all my opinions are my own.

pin it button Salty Carb Loading with Popcorn

Comments

That is awesome about the partnership and vlog. congrats! it should be fun. This is the so cal race? I noticed earlier I wished ‘good luck’ too early about Tinker. Well, good luck with this race!

As for the full cart… its Costco! Says everything in the name.

friends that don’t want to talk to you… LOL! Have fun!

Ew I got those fiber brownies at CostCo too and don’t care for them so much. Kinda like cardboard. I bet they’d be better with caramel sauce and full fat chocolate milk =)

Good luck today. I love the Costco cart shot…you have to admit, you have pretty healthy items in your cart! I haven’t tried those fiber one brownies..anything fiber one messes with me because of the processed soy.

I have to agree about Bernie..I actually think he used to be from this area.

And wtf about not filling your house with popcorn?? Geesh! I think it would be pretty funny if you had an entire cupboard of it.

I am not sure, I thought it was the soy due to whenever I eat “anything” Kashi, FiberOne, etc I end up with a horrible bellyache. I actually like the taste of the fiberone bars, but they leave me feeling sick for hours (as in about 12).

Oh no! Do you make your own bars ever? LARA bars have nothing processed in them. My favourite kind are the peanut butter cookies ones. They have three ingredients: dates, peanuts, and sea salt. :) There’s a bunch of new flavours I want to try though!

I tried about a month ago to make my own, and boy let me tell you, they were so good! AND so bad for you! They were loaded with butter, brown sugar, etc. I am convinced they should have been called brownies instead of granola bars. :)

I haven’t tried the Lara bars. I am always scared after my “issues” with others.

Mmmmmm, popcorn. I also tried those Fibre 1 brownies but I got a sample once when I was at Costco. I stuck with my clif bars instead… Vitatops, however, I’ve never tried. Maybe that’s a good thing since it sounds like they’d be good and I’d have a hard time finding them in Ontario…

Haha, that ALWAYS happens to me in Costco. I usually don’t get a cart and then I regret it when I’m walking down the aisles carrying a case of coffee in one hand and a massive box of pita chips in the other. ;)

We made a Costco run last night…it was hoppin’ on a Friday night! My BF convinces me to stand in the sample lines after him so he can have 2 of everything. It’s all stuff I won’t eat!

Yum – I love popcorn. I wonder if it’s bad to eat it every single night! I was looking at the vitatops at the grocery store yesterday and I feel like they’re so expensive! Vans also has a similar muffin products out now.
    Good luck today!

Popcorn. I think that is a decent choice for a salty/carby snack! I also love Bernie though. He was great when he was on the Biggest Loser.

I have been following your blog for awhile and never comment.. loser, I know! .. Ill be better! Good luck with your half!! I love popcorn.. kettle popcorn is the bees knees!

Ive tried those brownies and they are okay enough. Definitely not vitas! But whatcha gonna do?

We actually did the SAME thing today. Went to pick up some diapers for B and ended up with almost $100 worth of other stuff. Haha!

I’m a popcorn fanatic. I even have an air popper at home, but still buy the bags as well. It’s my favorite snack, definitely.

Bulk stores are like Target to me: I NEVER EVER take a cart because there’s more room to put stuff in there. Take a basket, spend less!

Question for Bernie: What’s his workout routine look like now post-Biggest Loser Ranch?

Fact: he is my favorite BL and belonged to my gym when I lived in Chicago! My friend and I had a goal to go to the gym from open until close to go “Bernie spotting,” we never successfully saw him. (because, we never made it open to close) :)

13. SArah says

At my house we call fiber one bars “fart bars” – if those brownies have Chickcory Root in them watch out…a lot of folks are sensitive to it and it will result in explosive gas!

Yeah, the brownies do the same thing. You’d think I would have learned my lesson from the bars. Nope. Then you’d think I’d have learned my lesson after the first brownie. Nope. Ate ‘em all.

Popcorn is one of my fave snacks! Paired with a piece of fruit and some protein, it keeps me fill for hours :D BTW, walking into Costco and leaving with a cart full of things isn’t normal? It is for me!