Egg Oats Recipe–High Protein Breakfast

My first boot camp of this session went great! We have a smaller group because SoCal peeps stay out of the cold (48 is freezing to us!), but I’m hoping that will give me more opportunity to really work the ladies I have!

After camp I was going to go for an easy 3 mile run, but my Garmin died so I don’t know how far it really was (it was still in the ball park).

I always take it easy the run after a race (ran a half on Saturday!) to check in with my body and see how it feels. I got injured after my second marathon (I ran the Walt Disney Marathon a few years back). I didn’t realize the damage the race did on my body until the next week on a recovery run. So, after a race I run a short “shake out” run to see how everything’s feeling wlEmoticon smile6 Egg Oats Recipe–High Protein Breakfast

IMG 4452 800x600 thumb Egg Oats Recipe–High Protein Breakfast

As of January of 2011 I started trying to get more protein in my diet. A year later I am still always looking for sweet ways to eat protein (since my palate loves the sugar). I’ve been wanting to try Tina’s no oats dish since she mentioned it.

Since I never follow a recipe I made my own version.

IMG 4455 800x600 thumb Egg Oats Recipe–High Protein Breakfast

Egg Oats Recipe: 3/4 c egg whites, 1 banana, 1 Tb. greek yogurt, splash milk, dash: salt, cinnamon, sugar. Cooked in a small sauce pot until thick. The consistency is a little weird and would probably gross some people out, but I liked it!

I topped it with chia seeds, brown rice cereal, PB and half a Larabar.

IMG 4457 800x600 thumb Egg Oats Recipe–High Protein Breakfast

I’m curious how long this will keep me full since I always get hungry with oats 1 hour later! I am all for a high protein breakfast that’s sweet!!

IMG 4458 800x600 thumb Egg Oats Recipe–High Protein Breakfast

Question: Would you give a food you didn’t like the first time a second chance?

I would as long as I didn’t completely hate it the first time.

Comments

I’ve been wanting to try that recipe too!! I kind of don’t like trying new foods that are really new to me. New recipes, sure. New foods…. I’ll try it again if I am able to convince myself that it has superior health benefits. But if I hate it twice… no way.

Hmmm… I don’t think I could handle putting eggs and a banana together. But I’m glad you liked it! My favorite way to eat oats is with peanut butter and jelly.

I would try a food again even if I didn’t like it at first – but only if it’s being served or prepared differently, or if I tried it first at home and could get it in a restaurant (like scallops, brussel sprouts, sushi, etc).

I saw those on Tina’s blog last week and have been wanting to try them. I a little afraid of the texture though. I have issues with oatmeal too. The only way I an eat it is baked or in overnight oats. I’ve tried regular oatmeal several times and can’t handle the texture

Lately I’ve been giving bbq sauce a second chance. I’ve been hating on it for YEARS and tried some true Memphis sauce when I was down there for work. I’ve been looking to find a replicated flavor ever since, without much luck. If anyone knows of a sauce that has Memphis-like flavor but I can buy it at the store, please let me know! Haha

Probably not. I had smoked salmon on a bagel last week and didn’t like it. I have no desire to try it again. I also just had the Chobani passion fruit yogurt and didn’t like the seeds in it. I don’t plan on eating that again either.

I saw the egg oats, too, and was going to try them tomorrow. I’m not sure how I’ll feel about ‘em since I love oatmeal. If I don’t like something I might give it a second chance. I’ve done that with Persimmons. The first one I had it wasn’t ripe enough. It left a weird taste/feeling in my mouth. The second was perfect and I loved it.

7. Kate says

I love the no-oat oatmeal. It kept me full from 6:45 this morning until 12:15 when I ate lunch. And, confession time, I just made it again for dinner (feeling lazy after the gym).

I have tried eggs in my oats a few times but there was something about it that stopped me from doing it again… always down to try something new and I am always looking to incorporate more protein in my diet!