Monday’s Munchies

Hola Amigos! Today I’m doing full day of eats for one post because that’s how my brain works. Even though I’ve been reading blogs that do breakfast, lunch and din in separate posts for years I still would rather see it in order wlEmoticon smile15 Monday’s Munchies

I ran 6 miles, my toe bled. (And I’m sparing you another picture, you’re welcome).

I ate eggs and a PB&J pitaIMG 4779 800x600 thumb Monday’s Munchies

Snack #1: As part of my 30 Day Smart Snack Challenge – I had a bowl of PB Cheerios and milk. 250 calories of deliciousness.IMG 4800 800x600 thumb Monday’s Munchies

YOU CAN HAVE SOME IF YOU WANT Monday’s Munchies

Then, I went to work for a floor hour shift. As soon as I got home I tore apart my kitchen for lunch. Big salad with chicken, hummus and a new tomato garlic spread we got at the Farmer’s Market. New bar wlEmoticon smile15 Monday’s Munchies IMG 4802 800x600 thumb Monday’s Munchies

This is the new Kashi Banana Chocolate Chip bar. It’s good, it’s no Vitatop but it’s good. May I suggest toasting it for a tiny bit? That’s the ticket.IMG 4804 600x800 thumb Monday’s Munchies

IMG 4806 600x800 thumb Monday’s Munchies

I took a break from the computer to enjoy Snack #2 – a hardboiled egg and popcorn.IMG 4809 800x600 800x600 thumb Monday’s Munchies

Dinner was kinda sad as:

A.)  I’ve had this cooked sweet potato in my fridge for a few days and it needed to be eaten.

B.) I was too lazy to roast the broccoli like I planned and just made another salad.

IMG 4817 800x600 800x600 thumb Monday’s Munchies

C.) I stole some of Ben’s garlic naan and now reek of garlicIMG 4815 800x600 800x600 thumb Monday’s Munchies

I was about to eat this new flavor of Chobani for some protein, but Ben brought out his leftover Sonic Reese’s Blast and I stole a few bites of that. IMG 4820 800x600 800x600 thumb Monday’s MunchiesIMG 4822 600x800 600x800 thumb Monday’s Munchies

Winner of the Yoga Mat is:044 thumb Monday’s Munchies

Mary @ Bites and Bliss

Personal training, definitely!!! That is SO expensive but worth it. Our gym gives free sessions to people when they sign up..and my 30 minute session left me sore for a week. I would have signed up until hearing the $300/mo cost! Nooo thank you.

A lot of you want to join me in the Smart Snacking Challenge – what were your snacks today?

pin it button Monday’s Munchies

Comments

I fixed my snacking problem by being very definitive about what I let myself have. Through trial and error I also found that I am hyper sensitive to stuff with wheat, flour, etc. I cut out ‘snacking’ because I completely lack self control when it comes to snacks. When I do need a pick me up I opt for fruit, today I had two small pears between lunch and dinner, and two more small pears after dinner plus some popcorn. Boring? Yes. But it’s better than having a whole canister of trail mix glued to my butt when I wake up in the morning.

I get so hungry after working out – that I eat more than I want too! For snacks I had chocolate milk & a clementine, an apple & almonds, & Greek yogurt topped with cereal. I’m trying to cut back to 2 snacks.

My snacks yesterday started out great with plain greek yogurt and an apple. And then the evil Snack Monster attacked and I ate candy, a chocolate chip cookie and a boatload of hummus with TJs pita crackers. I wa ok with the hummus and pita (I ate that first), but was upset with myself about the candy and cookie. :-(

My snacks on Monday involved some rice cakes with a small handful of dried peanut butter cheerios (I found those last week – so good), and in the afternoon I had some apple chips. Pretty good for day one :)

5. Mandy says

If no one else feels the same you can completely disregard this comment. Ever since I’ve been reading your blog about 30% of the time that I try to go to your blog my internet says it can’t find it. I usually just tried again and then it worked but for the past 2 days up until this morning it couldn’t find it at all. I’m not a computer genius, but my fiance is really good with computers and said that the problem is on your end. He said that you might not have enough bandwidth or something. I’m only telling you this in case other people are having the same problem because I would want to know if it was me. I love reading your blog!!!

I thought it was a steak too! And there is nothing wrong with multiple salads per day. I think I might just start living on it.

Husband and I have started going to Sweet Tomatos for brunch on Sunday mornings and I still start with a salad. And then finish with cinnamon rolls. They have the best cinnamon rolls.

7. Jen Geatz says

I pack 3 pieces of fruit with each day for work – 1 for mid-morning snack, 1 to eat with lunch, and the last one for a mid-afternoon snack.