Embarrassing Running Costume

I woke up this morning feeling crappy from all the indulgences last night (burgers, fries, onions rings, fro-yo, hello!). I wasn’t hungry but knew I should eat before the gym (plus I try to eat within an hour of waking). So I made some eggs with salsa and laughing cow cheese.IMG 5318 600x800 thumb Embarrassing Running Costume

Salsa is the easiest way to get veggies in your egg scrambles. I pour a serving right into the pan and cook it all up together. When it’s almost done I fold in the cheese. IMG 5321 800x600 thumb Embarrassing Running Costume

Since the half marathon is tomorrow I didn’t run and decided to hit the gym for a strength session. I HATE not running on Saturdays, it’s my favorite thing! I’m pretty sure God intended for me to run on the 6th day. So, the gym wasn’t very fun, but I knew I should do some kinda exercise. IMG 5324 800x600 thumb Embarrassing Running Costume

On the way home I rewarded myself with a very ripe peach and made a lunch with leftovers. I call this “Leftovers salad”. Don’t try to steal that name either, I stayed up all night trying to name this dish…IMG 5327 800x600 thumb Embarrassing Running Costume

And a yogurt granola bowl. There might be some yogurt in there, but it’s mostly granola. IMG 5329 800x600 thumb Embarrassing Running Costume

Then, I finally got to work on my costume for the Tinkerbelle Half Marathon for tomorrow! Nothing like waiting till the last minute to see if you’re budget costume idea is going to fail, right?

After making a huge mess on my kitchen table…IMG 5339 800x600 thumb Embarrassing Running Costume

and getting glitter glue on my hands, feet and in my hair, my costume was finally done!IMG 5334 800x600 thumb Embarrassing Running Costume

IMG 5335 800x600 thumb Embarrassing Running Costume

Only a handful of people guessed my costume correctly, did you guess…

ARIEL! ariel costume idea thumb Embarrassing Running Costume(image source)

C’mon, having red hair is only good for 2 things:

1.) Not having a soul

2.) Dressing up like Ariel if you’re a girl

(or Shaun White if you’re a boy)

So, it was either this or Ursula…IMG 5330 800x600 thumb Embarrassing Running Costume

Truthfully, I feel kinda dumb in it, but it’s too late to change it now.  I just have a feeling one of my shells is going to fall off and I’m going to have a major wardrobe malfunction wlEmoticon sadsmile9 Embarrassing Running Costume

I bought green tights to wear under the skirt, but they look weird. So I think this is going to be the final draft. I cannot run with my hair down, so I think I might do a side braid too.IMG 5333 600x800 thumb Embarrassing Running Costume

Two years ago I was in Orlando to run the Disney World full marathon. You can read my recap here.

The start is at 5:45am tomorrow! Ridiculous. I might as well head over there now.

Question: Is there a certain person or character that you’ve always wanted to dress up as?

I have always wanted to be Little Mermaid since I was a kid and have been singing “Part of your world” all day. I know, I’m a dork but I’m still singing it.

Comments

CUTE!

I wanted to be Audrey Hepburn, and a few years ago I was. I wouldn’t try running in a long black gown and tiara (and Cat under my arm), though. I would like to do a race as Hit Girl. :)

I love dressing up in costume to run – that’s one of the reasons I’ve run 10+ runDisney events since my first Half Marathon in 2009! :I’ve been Minnie, Belle, Snow White and most recently, the Queen of Hearts.

Have fun! :-)

I definitely had “Part of Your World” memorized and would sing it to myself and the stereo…No red hair either, just plain old light brown. :)

4. Bridee says

Cute! I ran the Disney half in September… get in front ASAP! There are tons of walkers and big groups and very frustrating for the true “runners” wanting to run and not just cruise thru Disney and take pictures. I will never run this again because the walkers held me back and I was in coral 2.

Love it! I always go super ghetto last minute too. Yours looks awesome though! Have a great run tomorrow… mine starts at 6:45 and I thought THAT was early, geesh.

That is AWESOME!! I adore Ariel, I watched that movie 10,000 times when I was little. Seriously obsessed and did you say look at this stuff? Isn’t it neat? Wouldn’t you say my collections complete?!

Awesome costume! Have a blast doing the Tink!

I am doing the Disney Princess at the end of February. My mother-in-law is helping me with my Belle costume next weekend. I LOVE Belle – who doesn’t, she is the smart princess ;-)

You look adorable! I ran the Princess 1/2 last year and my friends and I wore tutus (along with 99.99% of the runners!)! Mine was yellow, so I guess I was Belle! Have fun tomorrow!

That is so cute! Love it! When I was little, I always wanted to be either Jasmine (because she had a pet tiger and lived in a super cool palace) or Belle (because I thought she was really pretty and got to live in an awesome castle).

I’ve dressed and ran in costume a few times. You feel like a dork in the beginning but once you get to the race and see everyone else decked out it’ll be worth it! And even if you are one of the few dressed up you’ll definitely get some spectator love!

Have fun, good luck!

That costume is adorable. If I have to go to a costume party anytime soon, I”m going to go as Kate Middleton. Who doesn’t want to wear a crown?!

12. Meg says

I recently discovered your blog. I love it!!!!!! You are so funny and have such good food/workout tips. Good luck today at the half, can’t wait for the recap!!!!!! Costume is awesome!

13. Whitney says

I LOVE your costume idea! I might steal that for halloween. I secretly love when ‘part of your world” comes on my pandora’s show tunes station… Oops, guess it isn’t so much of a secret now :)

I love it! I always wanted to be Ariel when I was little. Mostly because I thought Prince Eric was foxy ;) Way cuter than the Beast in my other favorite childhood Disney movie. Even when he turns back into a man. I’d take Prince Eric any day.

15. Katie P says

I always wanted to dress up at Mary Poppins when she and Bert jump into the chalk drawings.
    Your costume looks great, have a fun run!