Not-ella Spread Recipe

Let me tell you a little story…

Once upon a time in a land far far away Southern California, a blogger who shall remain anonymous to protect the innocent bought a massive jar of Nutella from Costco.

She thought it was good great idea at the time. She figured her husband would eat most of it and she would only take a small taste here and there. She obviously was unaware of Nutella’s Siren Song or, more likely, she was in denial…big nutella thumb Not ella Spread Recipe

I gained 6 pounds that month.

Crap. Guess my cover is blown!

Anyways, since that time I’ve tried to avoid buying HUGE jars of the stuff. So when a craving for Nutella hit today I decided to improvise…

IMG 5482 800x533 thumb Not ella Spread Recipe

I mixed up: 1 Tb nut butter (creamy works best), 1/2 tsp. cocoa powder and a squirt of honey (agave or syrup work too).

IMG 5483 800x533 thumb Not ella Spread Recipe

Spread on a piece of bread or eat it straight from the bowl. And try remember  about this snack the next time you find yourself in the Costco checkout line with 3 gallons of Nutella in your cart.

IMG 5488 800x533 thumb Not ella Spread Recipe

Old business: If you want to see RER in it’s normal website form on your phone, like so:

IMG 5497 800x533 thumb Not ella Spread Recipe

Scroll all the way to the bottom and choose Mobile Theme “Off”

IMG 5495 800x533 thumb Not ella Spread Recipe

And yes, there may be some Not-ella smudges on my phone. Don’t judge.

come on i like nutella more than nonfunctioning pocket internet Not ella Spread Recipe

Winner of the Garden Lites: Jen

Forever and always: apple with natural peanut butter! That snack helped me lose my 110 pounds and I still eat it most days icon smile Not ella Spread Recipe

Comments

Nutella always holds a spot in my cupboard, I love the stuff.
    For Christmas I made a Nutella fudge with sea salt. I had to wrap it and give it as gifts asap!! It was really good.
    I’m so in love with Justins maple almond butter. Try it and fall in love.

2. Meg says

I was having the worst day and your blog really just made me laugh!!! Thanks! :) Somehow I’ve avoided trying Nutella. Everyone I know runs to it when they’re having a cheat meal or a treat so I’m terrifed to know what it tastes like because right now I don’t know what I’m missing and I tend to get addicted very fast!

I used to buy cocoa hazelnet spread from a dude at the farmer’s market. It was definitely cocoa, hazelnuts, and oil dumped into a food processor. Loved it!

OH MY GOSH I never win anything!! haha I am so excited! Do I need to email you or anything? Not sure how this works :-)

Nutella is dangerous, but have you ever tried Biscoff spread? Don’t. Apparently Trader Joe’s makes a cookie butter that is supposed to be the same… it’s the best thing ever made, therefore the worst thing to have around.

5. Em says

I used to crave PB&Co Chocolate Peanut Butter, so what I did was combine 1 tbsp peanut flour and 1 tbsp Nesquik with a little bit of water until it was a thick paste. 55 calories for 2 tablespoons! Not “natural” but… DELICIOUS!

• Katie P says

Have you seen the new chocolate bar at TJ’s? It’s dark chocolate filled with their Cookie Butter, I just bought one last night. YUM!

I don’t think I’ve actually tried Nutella before, but I’m not really a fan of hazelnuts, so I haven’t really thought about it. Although I do just have a regular crap phone, I did just get a Kindle Fire – I’ll have to see how your blog looks on it!