Super Bowl Sunday Set Up

Happy Super Bowl Sunday! I’m not all about the game, but I am all about the food. Ben and I were going to go to my mom’s to watch the game but decided we didn’t feel like making the drive and should be productive around here (she’s 40 miles north of us).finally my dream of playing pro football has come true Super Bowl Sunday Set Up

So I hit up the store for some Super Bowl Snacks…

A veggie plate with ranch and HUGE pickle for me wlEmoticon winkingsmile1 Super Bowl Sunday Set UpIMG 5733 800x600 thumb Super Bowl Sunday Set Up

Chips and dipsIMG 5734 800x600 thumb Super Bowl Sunday Set Up

Those would be Tapatio Doritos to be exact – tried ‘em?

Caliente!IMG 5747 600x800 thumb Super Bowl Sunday Set Up

Ben sometimes gives me a hard time because I don’t drink that often. I am know to pour myself a drink but abandon it for a snack. This is because I don’t like the taste of alcohol.

I thought the SkinnyGirl Margarita was kind of strong, but heard good reviews of the SkinnyGirl Sangria.IMG 5737 600x800 thumb Super Bowl Sunday Set Up

Skinny Girl Super Bowl Sangria – yes, it was great! It reminds me of a white wine I like. I drank two glasses of this stuff and magically feel 100% better!IMG 5739 600x800 thumb Super Bowl Sunday Set Up

While I was out I picked up a donut for a pre-bowl snack. This was completely not necessary, but we’ll discuss the donut debacle soon.IMG 5741 800x600 thumb Super Bowl Sunday Set Up

And I finally got a haircut! I’ve been putting this off for a while just because I hate sitting in one place for extended periods (I get antsy and want to go). But my bangs were basically so long I just kept pinning them back so I had to get ‘em cut!IMG 5750 800x600 thumb Super Bowl Sunday Set Up

What was your Super Bowl dinner?

I made fish tacos because I came across some frozen fish fillets that were on sale. IMG 5758 800x600 thumb Super Bowl Sunday Set Up

I made a “special sauce” out of mayo, lime, relish, garlic powder and S&P. It was really delicious!IMG 5766 800x533 thumb Super Bowl Sunday Set Up

Time for Sunday Set Up!

My exercise plans for the week:

• Monday: 6 miles easy, strength
  • Tuesday: 7 Tempo
  • Wednesday: Strength, Class or Yoga
  • Thursday: Speed
  • Friday: Yoga or Strength
  • Saturday: LR

Other Goals:

• Stay on track with Feb. Goals
  • Sleep.
  • Not Eat more donuts.

Top Searches of the Week:

strange feeling after running half-marathon – It’s called pride.

i eat popcorn every night – That makes two of us.

you need counseling – Don’t we all.

chicken salad made my gut hurt  – More for me.

is running marathons healthy – No, not mentally or physically.

cartoon mexican person – Um, Speedy Gonzalez?

papas and beer shots – Check out Susan’s bachelorette party post. And please invite me if you’re going wlEmoticon winkingsmile1 Super Bowl Sunday Set Uppapas and beer ensenada thumb Super Bowl Sunday Set Up

Are you set up for a good week?

Comments

I have some food prepared for the week.

Tomorrow for breakfast it is lf cottage cheese with peanuts, and fruit salad

Lunch is left over chix teriakyi with rice and veggies.

Snack is raspberries and a pack of Annie’s snack mix that I may have stolen from V’s snacks. I also have lf string cheese at the office if needed, and I might grab an orange just in case.

Jeesh..that seems like a lot of food :(

I learned in 6th grade health class that it takes 3 days to digest one donut. I don’t know if that’s true or not, I just have never forgotten it. You can’t get a good donut here at the altitude, but whenever I go home back east, I love Boston Creme.

I had a delicious burger on a whole wheat sandwich thin! It was delightful!

About an hour ago, I wrote out my meals for the next two days. So I’m set. However, I have to pack tomorrow and Tuesday because I’m going to California on Wednesday. I’m so excited!

Have a great week!

MONICA!
    schweeet. we have the same.exact. goals in life.
    to “not eat more donuts”
    they probably shouldn’t taste so dang GOOD then. haha.

Im from the East coast, drinking a DD Iced Coffee in your honor!

I’m all set for a good week – I’m starting a cleanse and prepped a bunch of “clean” food last night so I’m not hungry and stressed (otherwise known as hangry).

That being said, your doughnut is making my stomach growl. Hard-core.

I seriously love doughnuts. That looks like a maple one, which are my absolute favorite. Especially if they are stuffed with the white cream. Because you know a doughnut doesn’t have enough calories. :-)
    Thanks for the tip on the Doritos, I will keep an eye out. I think we might be kindred snack spirits. :-)
    I am now hooked on Ghirardelli Sea Salt Soiree and PB Cheerios.
    Thanks, I think. :-)

I have such a donut addition. I’m going to buy a dozen donuts on my birthday and eat them all! I figure that will take care of two things – first, it’ll satisfy my donut addiction and second, I’ll get so sick I’ll never want to see another donut again! Just kidding…kind of.

Your Super Bowl food looks so good and I need to try that sangria! I ate way too many cookies and wings yesterday, but I still would totally eat that donut if you put it in front of me! Was it amazing? Donuts always look amazing to me but usually let me down taste-wise.

Definitely had too many cupcakes yesterday, but they were delicious. At least I ate lunch and dinner first. Bean dip, guacamole, pico de gallo, nacho sauce…all with chips and veggies. Great meal!

I first tried SkinnyGirl cocktails on vacation this past summer when my boyfriend’s mom bought some. She hated it but I really enjoyed it! I can’t remember which one it was though. Unfortunately they don’t sell it here! :(

11. Allison says

Hi, I don’t usually comment because a. I’m lazy and b. I don’t have a blog to link to but….I just have to tell you how funny the top searches of the week are. They always crack me up, so I hope you keep doing them! Thanks for putting yourself out there. I’m a newish runner and I also struggle with the snacking. It’s nice to know I’m not the only one!!

12. Katie P says

Mmmm maple glazed donuts, although apple fritters are my favorite.
    I am really trying to get my eating habits back on track this week. Between my birthday and the Superbowl last week there was lots of sugar and fatty delicious foods. Now I am trying to focus on my veggies and lean proteins