My Day in Food 2

Howdy howdy, I don’t expect to take pictures of everything everyday or post it all together but I really liked being able to see it together yesterday Smile

Exercise: I opted to take a 3 mile walk for a little cross training this morning.

Then, I chomped some blueberries while making breakfast. That’s Ben’s egg scramble in the background. I made it massive so he’d have leftovers for dinner as I work late Thursdays.IMG_5912

I had pumpkin pancakes with PB and sf syrup.IMG_5905

Just looking at this picture makes me want to make more. Now. IMG_5904

I didn’t go into work until 3pm today so I caught up on emails, blog stuff and hit up Costco for a prescription pick up and more eggs (We go through them at an alarming rate – see Ben’s scramble above).

A little beverage treat for me…IMG_5892 (600x800)

And a salad for lunch. I have a stockpile of soup ready to change up my lunch menu, but the weather is so warm it feels like summer spring and I just want salads.IMG_5900 (800x600)

And a mint because I’m out of gum. What a weirdo.IMG_5912 (800x600)

It’s really weird, but I haven’t been very hungry this week (obviously that doesn’t stop me from eating, but I’ve never eaten because I’m hungry I eat because I like to).

I can’t eat during work so I had a snack before I went –  watermelon and a pumpkin protein bar to balance it out.IMG_5922 (800x600)

Then, I headed to the gym for a few client appointments.

I got home just before 8 and wasn’t starving – see? I’m a lot less hungry than usual. I think it’s because I’m running less.

I ate the rest of last night’s roasted veggies and added some beans to the mix. I’ve been neglecting beans lately because I want a complete protein source and have been opting for eggs or chicken. Lots of hot sauce and ketchup joined the party.IMG_5929 (800x600)

A small bowl of cereal with a crumbled pumpkin bar for dessert. IMG_5932 (800x600)I got a lot of questions for the Pumpkin Protein Bar recipe. The recipe was inspired by Jamie Eason’s here.

But since I can never follow a recipe, here’s my version…

• 1/2c stevia for baking
  • 1/2c egg whites
  • 15oz pumpkin
  • 2 scoops vanilla whey protein
  • 1.5c oat flour (I put oats in the blender for this)
  • 1tsp pumpkin pie spice
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp each: baking soda & baking powder
  • opt. chia seeds

Mix, bake at 350 for 45 minutes.

Okay, I just grabbed a few bites of ice cream. It’s burning freezing a hole in my freezer!IMG_5934 (800x600)

See ya later!

Comments

i go through weeks where I’m not very hungry either. But then the next week I am STARVING so I guess it all balances out. Love the Pumpkin Protien bars…I need to make more!

Your pancakes always look so good! they make me want pancakes! And those bars look awesome too! I think I’ll make a batch for my ski trip next week!

I’ve decided to scale back my running and am less hungry this week, too (although I have a cold, so I’m sure that’s a factor). People just don’t ever want to believe me that running can actually cause weight gain (“it’s all muscle, though, right?”)!

So, the eggs. I love eggs, but I think we’ve been programmed for years that they should only be eaten in moderation because of the cholesterol. I know recently research has shown they may not be as bad as everyone previously assumed. Thoughts?

First, yes it’s all muscle, very jiggly muscle on thighs and butt. Ha!

I vaguely remember hearing that eggs were bad for cholesterol years ago, but by the time I started paying attention the verdict was out that that’s not true.

Even if it was I’d still eat them because high cholesterol doesn’t run in my family (no one runs in my family! bud um bup). Plus, I like eggs and don’t do anything in moderation :)

How was Surf City?

Awesome, long live eggs!

Surf City was okay- a little warm. I decided somewhere around mile 5 that I had burnt myself out on running and I’m cutting way back to focus more on spinning and yoga. No more races until Disneyland, unless I manage to get myself knocked up before then ;) Part of me is sad about the decision, but life’s too short to participate in a hobby that’s not making you happy! I know I’ll run a marathon one day, but now is just not the time.

It seems like my hunger comes in waves. I totally have times where I can’t get enough food and others where food is the last thing my stomach wants. (Doesn’t make my brain stop craving it though!)