Personal Trainer Questions Vlog

Hello! I had a nice little snack mid-morning when my stomach started complaining. That apple was huge. JustLikeILikeIt.IMG 6794 800x533 thumb Personal Trainer Questions Vlog

I really wanted to catch up on blogs today, but knew I should be efficient with my time. I have myself 15 minutes for some “power blog reading” and then closed Google Reader. It wasn’t enough time,  maybe I can catch up later!IMG 6801 800x533 thumb Personal Trainer Questions Vlog

Lunch was a layered salad -

Bottom Layer: Leftover enchiladas

Middle: Veggies, Pico de Gallo

Top: Beans, hot sauce, hummus

IMG 6804 800x533 thumb Personal Trainer Questions Vlog

After lunch I attempted to get my Race and Travel schedule organized for the entire year. I’ve been saying “yes!” to a lot of races and events and needed to see them all in one place to really get an idea of when stuff is happening. IMG 6808 800x533 thumb Personal Trainer Questions Vlog

I think I have my Race Calendar for 2012 done – post coming soon!

Apparently, Vegas plans on sleeping through July…IMG 6814 800x533 thumb Personal Trainer Questions Vlog

Personal Trainer Questions

This post has been a long time coming! I get a lot of questions from people considering making a career change and maybe becoming a trainer. I used to be a recruiter/researcher until I finally got a job as a writer. When that fell through I got depressed. Then, I got moving and decided to follow my passion and become a personal trainer!

I am answering five of the most common questions here and the rest will be in another blog post very soon!

Questions on the vlog:

1. What made you choose to become a personal trainer?
  2. What sort of control and flexibility do you have within your job? (ie. coaching, classes, personal training sessions)
  3. What are the rewarding points of your job?
  4. What are the less rewarding points of your job?
  5. How do you deal with days when you don’t want to exercise?

If you have a question for me leave it in the comments below or email me at runeatrepeat at gmail

Ever give yourself a time limit on blog reading??

Comments

Think you’ll come back to MA for a race?? I can make sure there’s donuts! :-)

I usually give myself about 30 to 40 minutes to read blogs. I don’t have too much on my reader, so it’s usually never more than an hour.

Monica, you say that you are the worst salesperson ever. I beg to differ. I am also a personal trainer (just started about 5-6 months ago) and I am a HORRIBLE sales person. I challenge you to a poor salesperson duel. I love working with the people once they’re my clients, but up until that point, I’m a shy little monkey and do not want to force them into anything!

3. SaraRM says

Im a trainer as well and can completely relate to hating the sales part. I agree with not wanting to put a finicial burden on someone but my thought also is that if they are being forced into training and arent completely “ready” then the relationship will not be a successful one and goals will not be reached.

I love the one on one aspect of my job and when a client is successful I feel like a proud parent or daughter (ha depending on the client). Definitely rewarding to see results.

Great video! I actually bought the materials to be a NASM personal trainer, but have a hard time doing it on my own, compared to being in a classroom. It’s overwhelming! Did you have that problem? Also, I don’t feel like I look like a personal trainer bodywise. I’ve gained a few pounds over that last year and it makes me feel very uncomfortable.

I don’t usually limit my blog reading time, but my kids do. They want breakfast and want to be driven to school and stuff like that. :)

I definitely don’t have the body of a personal trainer and feel self conscious about it. I do feel clients and gym members “check me out” so it’s hard to ignore, but I can’t quit – just gotta keep trying to tighten up :)

Great vlog!! I just ordered my ACE personal training certification materials this week and can’t wait to get started. I am hoping to make a similar life-altering change…quit my full-time job and pursue my passion for health and fitness!

I was definitely horrible at sales when I worked in customer service. I just can’t make myself try and get people to buy things. Especially if I know they don’t really need or want whatever it is. I love your passion in this video! I wish I had that for something because I’d love to make money at what I love to do. Now if only I could get paid to watch TV… ;)

I love this post! But I guess what I still want to know is this: how did you go about getting your certificate? Did you go through NASM?

I started to go back to school last summer to get my certificate but I was going through UCLA and one class broke my bank account… :(