Pile O’ Mail

Last night I ended up cooking the Comfort Greens according to the package directions. IMG 6762 800x600 thumb1 Pile O’ Mail

Then, I added them to a bowl of tomato soup with a side of cheesy sourdough bread. It was delicious! Southern food isn’t common around here so I don’t think I’ve ever tried collard greens! I’m thinking this is the same thing, but the company named the mix different for marketing purposes?IMG 6767 800x600 thumb Pile O’ Mail

That, or they were trying to be more politically correct than Michael Scott…

This morning my running schedule called for a 40 minute tempo run. I picked a route that I thought was about 5 miles and went for it. The target pace was supposed to be around 8:07 or under. Yeah, right.

Well, the route was only 4 miles. Here’s the banana splits

• Mile 1: 8:05
  • Mile 2: 7:51
  • Mile 3: 8:39 (freeway overpass killed me)
  • Mile 4: 8:34

I cooled down with a little cat dancing, but I need to S-T-R-E-T-C-H! My hips are super tight.IMG 6785 800x533 thumb Pile O’ Mail

I made pumpkin pancakes for breakfast and they were sadder looking than usual so I’ll spare you the picture.

But, I do want to share my new nut butter find. I feel in love with TJ’s Sunflower Butter a while back. Unfortunately, it has added sugar and I already eat more than my share of sweets so I stopped buying it.

Yesterday I found MaraNatha’s Sunflower Seed Butter – it’s delicious and doesn’t have added sugar!IMG 6771 533x800 thumb Pile O’ Mail

Sunflower Seed Butter Nutrition Information:IMG 6772 533x800 thumb Pile O’ Mail

flappy the mail checking bird Pile O’ Mail

I did a lot of cleaning yesterday, but still have a pile of mail I’ve been neglecting for weeks! I don’t have to be into work until 2pm today so I hope to go through all of it before that.

Question: How do you organize your mail? Do you go through it right away or let it pile up like me?

Comments

1. MrsCrystal says

I go through the mail right away BUT let it sit on the coffee table in stacks of ripped envelopes until I feel like filing it. It irritates the hubby the crazy! So, now, I’m doing better with opening bills and immediately placing them in their due date slot in our Bill Filer thingy.

2. Tracy Hays says

If I check the mailbox, I go through and sort it right away. If the hubby brings the mail in, it could be days before I ever see it. :)

def not a pile person.. any kind of clutter gives me anxiety.. i usually throw away something pre-maturely and end up regretting throwing away that coupon later.

Good job on the tempo!

I used to be really good about keeping things organized and filed. It has gotten way out of control in recent months. I will get a pile going on my desk and then when I want to clean the clutter just pile it elsewhere in a larger pile. This has gotten out of control and now is a gigantic bag of mess I have stashed in my closet – plan to tackle this weekend.

I separate out the crap that needs to be recycled, then unfortunately all the other stuff just sits. I have a pile for the shredder, but my shredder died, so it’s sitting in my spare bedroom.

I hate mail! It’s all junk. I try and immediately throw away the junk, and my husband insists on shredding all credit card offers, etc so I leave those in a pile for him (he usually gets to it months later!) as well as bills that need to be reviewed. It all piles up on his desk..

In another note, I just made the biggest, most random salad ever for lunch and is it strange that my first thought was to take a picture and send it to you? :)

7. becky says

I drool when I read “Pumpkin Pancakes” but your recipe seems to be pancake free!? What am I missing? (don’t say ‘Duuuuuh….pumpkin”
    :-)

8. SB says

I almost bought that sunflower butter at Whole Foods. I have never had sunflower butter but I like that brand. I get there almond butter but picked up Barneys instead. Does sunflower butter taste like almond or pb?
    I go through my mail right away. I get nervous it may be something important otherwise.

No, sunflower butter tastes different – I can’t think of how to describe it. It does taste like sunflower seeds though! I wasn’t all about it at first, but love it now.

My mail piles up for ages! I open anything important as soon as it comes in, but the rest of it usually just hangs out for a couple of months…

Yay! I can read your blog this morning! :) Sorry I’m always complaining about it.

I deal with bills right away. Depending on what else is in the mail I’ll decide what to do with them then. Mostly it’s just bills and magazines though. I think the magazines are more fun. ;)