Body Fat Friday

Hello and Happy Friday! I walked to the gym (it’s just over a mile away) and did a strength workout this morning. The gym was empty! I love when the gym is empty – is that mean? 20120224 081839 thumb Body Fat Friday

Well, if it is mean the universe got me back via the scale this morning. I doubt I gained 2 pounds this week, so I also checked my body fat at the gym. 20120224 082407 800x600 thumb Body Fat Friday

It’s close to the last time I checked and in the Fitness range, so I’ll take it!

image thumb12 Body Fat Friday(Source: American Council on Exercise)

This just goes to show that you should use more than just one measure of fitness improvements!

Pick a few important measurements and “check in” with them periodically. Some ideas:

• Pair of Jeans
  • Time it takes to run a certain distance!
  • Heavier weights
  • Measurements
  • Endurance
  • Flexibility (Toe touch, Yoga poses)
  • Opinions of complete strangers on the internet
  • The scale

Anyways, I hustled back home super hungry and made a massive egg sandwich for breakfast. Real eggs because I was craving yolky yumminess, but I overcooked it. IMG 6779 800x600 thumb Body Fat Friday

Now I’m chomping on grapes and talking to you lovely people wlEmoticon smile18 Body Fat Fridayblogging Body Fat Friday

Run Eat Repeat is almost 4 years old! I really appreciate you reading and want to make sure I’m giving ya what you want. I’ve had some requests for a list of my favorite blogs and music playlists – would you like that too?

Anything else you’d like to see (or not see) here?

What are your plans for this weekend?

Mine involve running and Sangria wlEmoticon smile18 Body Fat Friday

Comments

I should do the fat percentage thing, kinda scary…..might help me get my diet in check finally though.

I liked when you used to have random Ben quotes, those were funny.

Weekend= run, relax, church, get stuff done around the house – typical weekend stuff. I live a crazy life!

I love it when the gym is empty! It’s so quiet and nice. :D

I had my percentage checked a few years ago and I was in the high end of the fitness zone. But that was before I did any weight lifting. I wonder what it would be now…

I do my best to stay away from the scale, but I’d be interested to see where I lie on the body fat chart!
    Btw I’m considering becoming a personal trainer, so I’m going to go and give your vlog a listen!!

Happy (almost) 4th Blogday! I really love reading your blog, and it’s a great break from the nuttiness that is my day. This weekend, my husband shall be traveling, so I’ll be enjoying both sides of the bed and a lack of extra laundry. YAHOO!

5. Jamie says

I love your blog. It would be awesome to know the blogs you read and music on your playlist.
    You are so honest and refreshing, don’t change a thing.

Thank you for posting that body fat percentage scale. It’s good to see I’m actually in the “average” zone as opposed to the “obese” one that I’ve seen in other charts. I don’t feel like I’m obese, so I don’t like that label. That said, my goal is to be in the “fitness” zone.

Also, I really need to stop letting strangers on the internet decide how fit I am. So thanks for that reminder.

And, I love when the gym is empty or at least less busy. That’s why I love going on Friday nights — I get my choice of machines!!

7. Lindsay says

I loveee hearing about what playlists people are listening to. I get pretty tired of my same old stuff so it’s fun to hear what others are using to push through their runs! As for my weekend, no real plans…however there will be consumption of pizza at my favorite place with my best friend tomorrow night! whoo!

I have LOVED reading your blog these past few months. You have such a great, honest writing style that I adore!
    I would love to hear what songs are on your playlist.

Oooo… I’m gonna check me out some Omron contraption. That looks cool. I need an update on my Body Fat.

Love an empty gym. Then it becomes my own personal gym. Ya… like its ever empty for me. Only when I was at the hotel gym for Valentine’s day. lol

10. Natali Valdivia says

Nothing wrong with wanting an empty gym. I vented about exactly this yesterday on my FB, lol.

Happy Running! This weekend I’ll be running my first 10k for Los Alamitos race in the base. A bit different for me since I have only ran Half Marathons. And since you brought up the sangria, will have one right after I’m done in your honor.

p.s. You blog is perfect! Keep it coming :-)

Empty gyms are the best kind. Unless of course you own the gym. I think you look great and I know I am a random stranger on the internet, but truely you do.

12. Angie says

Hi Monica – I love this post!!! Like you, I love empty gyms. Don’t change a thing about your blog :) Congrats on 4 years. Your vlogs are such an awesome addition. Angie

Would love to see those things, plus maybe some great running routes in SoCal?

Have you ever done one of those one of the hydrastatic body fat measuring tests? Or the weird pod looking one? I’d love to do it but can’t justify the cost.

14. Andrea says

I was watching Dr. Oz and he said that undies are the best way to make sure you aren’t gaining! Those won’t lie.

Also…haaaalp me. My computer randomly refuses to load your site :( Sometimes it will be days and it won’t let me access it. I empty the cache/cookies but nothing works. I use Chrome.

4 years!! That’s amazing! I honestly don’t know how you’ve done it so long – I sometimes feel overwhelmed and it’s only been 7 months!
    (p.s. I’ll allow you to put me on your list of favorite blogs if you want. i guess.)

16. ClaireRoseC says

I’m hoping my weekend will consist of walking,sleeping, drinking (bourbon) and eating ( oysters.and hopefully chips and salsa)…the end:-)cc