Toast The Red Carpet

Hello! I set my alarm for 6:16am this morning and started my day with a nice little walk. I needed a little quiet time with my thoughts (and to ease my nerves about today’s events!).

It’s Pancake Sunday! You know I celebrated…IMG 6843 533x800 thumb Toast The Red Carpet

Then, I got started on a complete make-over. It took a long time. Hair, make-up, new dress. Check, check, check.IMG 6851 533x800 thumb Toast The Red Carpet

This the the Cynthia Rowley dress I got yesterday at Marshall’s for $30. I love the color, but I’m not a fan of pockets on dresses. It doesn’t work with my shape. Maybe I’ll change my mind by the end of the day?IMG 6852 533x800 thumb Toast The Red Carpet

What’s all the fancy-ness for?

I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter has invited me to the Toast to the Red Carpet Live show today!

You can watch it live on Facebook today at 6pm EST/3pm PST

Click here for their FB page and to watch!

image thumb13 Toast The Red Carpet

Okay, my driver is here (they sent a car?! this is so cool). See ya later!

Comments

Oh my goodness!! How awesome. Hope you have a great day.
    That dress is super cute. I love dresses with pockets, it is a great place to hide nervous hands.

2. nazish says

You look so pretty Monica! Lol complimenting a stranger feels a little weird, but I admire you and follow your blog diligently. You’re real, funny and overall a great person :) You need to give yourself more credit coz you are really pretty, seriously don’t sweat the target goal you are trying for, you are beautiful; Ben, who we know is a smart guy, knows he is lucky to have a kick ass person like youreself!

WHAT YOU ARE CRAZY, BITCH! pockets MAKE the dress! if a dress has pockets, i am 86% more likely to buy it, and i will spend approximately 32% more than i would if it did not have pockets. yes. same goes for sweat pants with pockets. i am a pocket monster. also, the dress looks REALLY cute on you. #justsaying

6:16- not 6:15, not 6:20… haha. Not that I should talk- I wake up at 5:54 on weekdays.

And pockets are the BEST. I feel that if the dress is made right you shouldn’t see them anyway. And I probably wouldn’t have even noticed yours until you stuck your hands in them. Have fun!

5. Shannon says

Super fantastic!!!! What an awesome fun thing to be asked to do ~ its the making of a new career:) You look fab and the shoes and colors all work awesome!!!!

6. Ida says

You look great! I love pockets on dresses, super cute. Also I never know what to do with my hands, so pockets are a life saver for me.

That is such a cute dress! I wish I could find one with pockets. I hate clothes without pockets. Have a great time tonight! And I am totally annoyed with my computer. Your blog (and yours alone) still won’t show up! I am cheating with my Kindle Fire ;)

8. Pam says

you look so pretty in your pink dress! very flattering!! :) a driver too?! so fancy! I’m happy that you had this opportunity Monica!! :)

9. Jessica says

I am several days late because like a few other commenters, my computer wont load your page for days at a time :( It wont load on my phone either, not sure what the problem is. Anyway, you look ROCKIN! LOVE the pockets! That color is fantastic on you.

Catching up on my ‘reader and I had to comment – that dress looks great on you! Perfect color and it looks like a great fit from the photos, I love the waist – and you can totally pull off the pockets!