Wind Wednesday, but Yesterday

Okay, I gotta make this quick – I’m late to work.

Yesterday we hit up the Buffet in the Wynn for breakfast/lunch/brunch/food.

I think I am only a fan of Souplantation for a buffet because  most of them are overpriced for what you end up eating. (*Note I do think I would be a fan of a frozen yogurt buffet though. I could def get my  money’s worth.)IMG 7489 600x800 thumb Wind Wednesday, but YesterdayIMG 7463 600x800 thumb Wind Wednesday, but Yesterday

Ben says the Buffet had a ton of great reviews on Yelp. I guess technically it had many good points… The food appeared fresh and there was a lot of variety. But, I was in a breakfast mood and was NOT impressed with the salad options (there was lettuce and 3 vegetables!). I think the Whole Foods salad bar is better in terms of fresh veggies and toppings. IMG 7464 800x600 thumb Wind Wednesday, but Yesterday

IMG 7465 800x600 thumb Wind Wednesday, but Yesterday

Then, I saw Housemade Granola and decided it was all good. I have always been obsessed with granola, it’s kinda my thing. IMG 7467 800x600 thumb Wind Wednesday, but Yesterday

Since “Brunch” is breakfast and lunch (kinda), I got both. My breakfast plate consisted of an egg white omelet and granola over vanilla yogurt.IMG 7474 800x600 thumb Wind Wednesday, but Yesterday

IMG 7469 800x600 thumb Wind Wednesday, but Yesterday

Lunch was a salad topped with a quinoa cake thing, couscous and bites of the Asian options. The salad bar did not have a lot of vegetables, just shredded carrots and zucchini. Eh.IMG 7473 800x600 thumb Wind Wednesday, but Yesterday

In addition to a sad salad bar, the fruit options were lacking too. They only had tiny apples and melon. Chopped fruit is the #1 way I get my money’s worth at a buffet, so I was very disappointed by this.

The only redeeming aspect of the buffet was the gelato station. I’ve never had gelato before (that I can remember) so I took a small bite of Ben’s mint n’ chip. Outside of that I tried to be “good” as I didn’t want to feel like crap driving home for the next 5 hours.IMG 7483 800x600 thumb Wind Wednesday, but YesterdayIMG 7481 800x600 thumb Wind Wednesday, but YesterdayIMG 7475 800x600 thumb Wind Wednesday, but Yesterday

IMG 7478 800x600 thumb Wind Wednesday, but Yesterday IMG 7486 800x600 thumb Wind Wednesday, but Yesterday

Then, we headed home wlEmoticon sadsmile2 Wind Wednesday, but Yesterday

One night stands in Vegas are hard – you want to stay, but know it’s really time to get the heck outta there!

When I got to my car I discovered someone stole my cross magnet! I guess they needed it more than me, but who steals a Jesus magnet, really?!IMG 7491 800x600 thumb Wind Wednesday, but Yesterday

On the way home we stopped at the Mad Greek for salads. IMG 7498 800x600 thumb Wind Wednesday, but Yesterday

Ben got the gyro saladIMG 7504 800x600 thumb Wind Wednesday, but Yesterday

I got the grilled chicken. I asked for no cheese, but they didn’t hold it.The salads came with grape leaves, which Ben and I both did not like.IMG 7507 800x600 thumb Wind Wednesday, but Yesterday

But we fought over the warm, chewy pita bread. Oh it was so so good! I ended up spreading some of the feta on it and a few of my taste buds died of happiness.IMG 7502 800x600 thumb Wind Wednesday, but Yesterday

Yesterday was EXTREMELY WINDY in Las Vegas and on the drive home. Like, dangerously windy.IMG 7496 800x600 thumb Wind Wednesday, but Yesterday

As we were leaving the city you could see people struggling to walk against the wind. And we got caught in a big sand storm on the way home too. Thank God there was very light traffic and we didn’t get in an accident. It was scary!IMG 7510 800x600 thumb Wind Wednesday, but Yesterday

IMG 7514 800x600 thumb Wind Wednesday, but Yesterday

The rest of the way home involved more blog reading and driving turns.IMG 7518 600x800 thumb Wind Wednesday, but Yesterday

IMG 7522 800x600 thumb Wind Wednesday, but Yesterday

inventor of the smartphone Wind Wednesday, but Yesterday

I found these Swedish Fish Susan gave me in my purse. They are individually wrapped! So cute (and delicious).IMG 7529 800x600 thumb Wind Wednesday, but Yesterday

I had a bowl of cereal back at home and tried to get caught up on emails instead of bloggingIMG 7533 800x600 thumb Wind Wednesday, but Yesterday

Okay, time’s up! I need to go – I’ll be back in a bit!

Comments

My favorite salad bar is Jason’s Deli. They also have hot items. (not as in hott waiters though) None of the foods they offer have ever had trans-fats in them, so I feel really good about putting my money in ($10) to support healthy eating. Free ice cream too! (healthy in moderation)

Have a safe trip home! That Greek food looks amaze!

Two things to say:

1) THANK YOU for writing about a buffet. It reminded me that the gelato place down the street has all-you-can-eat unlimited gelato on wednesday nights so I just made plans to go with friends after we run! Woo!

2) Individually wrapped Swedish fish– sO CUTE but how do they expect people to eat just one??

Yeah, I just didn’t post it – I had an iced coffee before and a hot coffee with brunch. I actually don’t post most of my drinks because I drink way too much!

I absolutely love individually wrapped candies, so good for portion control. I’ve never seen Swedish fish come like that, though!

And a big DISLIKE on the lack of fruit and veggies at a buffet.

(I just came across your blog!).

I have three thoughts:
    Who the heck steals a Jesus magnet!!! That is crazy! Crazy funny.
    Is it weird that I feel like I know one of the dudes in your first picture? He looks just like my ex BF.
    I’m going to Vegas tonight so that wind better have blown on outta there!! I’m so looking forward to some sun sans wind!

This is really a comment related to the One Day of Weight Loss post because I live in Canada and can’t enter and didn’t want to mess with the system but…do you really have 1000 friend requests waiting for you on facebook?! That’s crazy!

Those darn sand storms are scary! I was in one last summer on my drive through AZ (or somewhere deserty in between CA and AL), and I thought I was about to be swallowed alive by the atmosphere. The giant tumbleweed was also pummeling my car. Really crazy and really zero visibility.

7. lorin says

I know that you are trying to lose weight and I am as well. I was wondering what you recommend if you are trying to gain muscle but lose weight. I know muscle weighs more than fat, but I definitely gained fat this past quarter and some weight that isn’t muscle. I guess my question is, how much food should you cut back on to lose weight but not lose muscle. I’m doing bodypump and trying to lift free weights and some machine stuff. I like doing cardio but I feel as if I need to do more weights as well; it’s just hard because I feel as if weights doesn’t burn as many calories. I’m trying to find that balance between eating enough and not too much. I think i’ve realized that I am a compulsive over-eater at night. I’m trying to break that..For example I went to an event last night and literally had 20 trader joe’s cookies and one small piece of pizza and that was my dinner. I feel like once I get started, it just goes downhill.

Lorin,
      I am the worst night time eater, so I totally hear ya on that one.

In answer to your question of how much to cut back to lose weight, it depends on how quick you want to lose – most resources say you should cut back around 250 calories a day (or exercise to burn that much more).

8. Alice says

As an atheist due to belief in fact rather than fiction, I’ll admit to having urges to defacing/taking Christian magnets and bumper stickers. I’ve never actually done it because I’m not that crazy or immature, but since it’s LV, I’m betting it was a drunk non-believer rather than a Christian who “needed” it.