How Many Calories Burned Running

I kinda feel like it’s been all Eating and not enough Running over here on the ol’ Run Eat Repeat blog.

So today I’ll spare you the bucket o’salad recap. IMG 8286 thumb How Many Calories Burned Running

Oh wait, that was it right there, wasn’t it? ^^^ Busted.

Since we’re on the topic… I just enjoyed a Vitatop and a Cherries Jubilee protein shake = my 2 favorite foods.IMG 8275 800x533 thumb How Many Calories Burned Running

Okay, now let’s talk running, specifically

How Many Calories do I burn Running?

You can use this calculator to find out a solid estimate of how many calories you burn running 3, 4, 5 miles…

Calories Burned Calculator
Estimate the calories you burned running:
Pace:
Weight:
Time:

Powered by Everyday Health.

I run because I love running, but looking up how many calories it burns makes me appreciate it as exercise too.

I was going to do an Ask a Monican today, but I wore enough make-up yesterday for 200 days so I’ve decided to give it a rest and do it tomorrow wlEmoticon smile14 How Many Calories Burned Running20120320 143641 thumb How Many Calories Burned Running

image thumb9 How Many Calories Burned RunningOuch.

Comments

1. Mary (what's cookin with Mary) says

I’m on my phone & left a comment on the wrong post… Don’t ask me how that happened?! Haha. Cocktails + phone blogging = awkwardness!

u look so pretty!! i use my nike plus on my ipod to calculate calories…but usually im not worried about them. i take that number with a grain of salt and always assume it’s lower. im more concerned about distance…at least right now! burned calories are a perk though

The calculator seems kinda high for what I thought I burned. I’ve read before that people overestimate calories burned while running or doing other exercise because we go by the gross rather than the net. We’d have to subtract what we would have burned if we were just sitting around blogging or something. So maybe it isn’t 100/mile, but more like 90 or 85. Anyway, I don’t run for calorie deficits so it’s not that important to me.

4. Ida says

Running is a calorie killer! I love running b/c I always feel so accomplished afterwards. But it’s nice to be reminded that running burns lots of calories and I should go find some cupcakes:)

Oh Oh. I do not fit into your chart as I run slower than 12 minute pace. (I am older than your mother.) No matter, I am out there doing it, running, and truly enjoy your website!

Who wouldn’t love doing something that they love to do AND makes them healthier [or burns calories]?! I really wanna get one of the Garmin/ Timex watches that calculate distance and calories… It would be interesting to keep track for a whole day!

It’s a frozen meal with chicken and rice. It actually wasn’t that good (the frozen meal) so I didn’t want to show it and have people buy it and get disappointed.