Spring Cleaning Continues

Hello and good morning! I have an early client this morning so I’m hoping to run later. Let’s see how my body cooperates…

And I’m sure I’ll be having this for breakfast wlEmoticon smile2 Spring Cleaning Continues

IMG 9563 800x600 thumb1 Spring Cleaning Continues

we are living the dream grandma Spring Cleaning Continues

I don’t know why, but I have been on a mission to de-clutter my life the last few days. I started with my 6 month closet clean out (which is still in progress). But, it’s already very obvious I don’t wear 90% of the junk I have in there!closet clean out thumb Spring Cleaning Continues

Then, I gathered up 4 bags of clothes for the Goodwill…IMG 9533 800x533 thumb1 Spring Cleaning Continues

And this week I will tackle our wash closet. It is a huge mess right now! I’m embarrassed to even show you, but here’s the “Before” picture. Hopefully, I can have the “After” to you by Friday.IMG 9682 800x600 thumb Spring Cleaning Continues

Spring Cleaning To Do List:

• Clean and organize wash closet
  • Clean and organize exercise equipment corner
  • Put down drawer liners in all drawers
  • Take bags to Goodwill
  • Go though mail container (I do everything online, so this is piling up!)
  • (Long term) Paint bedroom and kitchen

Question: Got any great organization or cleaning tips? Thoughts on that Natalie Dee cartoon??

aveeno logo thumb Spring Cleaning Continues

Disclosure: Compensation was provided by AVEENO® via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of AVEENO®

pin it button Spring Cleaning Continues

Comments

Spring cleaning is on my mind too! I’ve got a much, much longer list that includes all of our storage areas, closets, cabinets … Oh so much to do!

• Marcee says

Here also.

Trying to make everything spic & span for spring/summertime. Truthfully ….. the most boring job ever. You can loose your mind figuring it all out. Seems easy ….. but???

Got to be done though. Rule of thumb …. do not buy anything new unless you get rid of 2-3 somethings that are old.

Our laundry room looks much like yours… maybe even worse. I am a hardcore cleaner/purger and don’t have the guts to tackle it. You’re a braver woman than I – godspeed! Can’t wait to see the after… maybe it will inspire me to finally get to ours.

I wish that I had some good tips for you. I just stuff things in drawers or cabinets so that they are out of sight. This generally works until my husband finds what I’ve hidden and then … well… let’s just say that it stops working! :(

Today and tomorrow are my spring cleaning days too. Not looking forward to going through ALL my clothes and I always have such a hard time throwing them away!! I have to give myself a pep talk most of the time haha. Good luck with your cleaning!

We are in this same process with our garage. We moved into this place almost one year ago and there is stuff still being stored that I never unpacked. Obviously I don’t use or need it. Garage sale soon!

We moved into our townhome almost a year ago and our 2nd bedroom looks like an explosion of your wash closet! lol AND we still have crap in storage….I hate to clean and organize!

Good luck with the cleaning!!
    I am constantly surfing pinterest for organizing idea!! My thing is basically making a place for everything. That usually means buying bins and boxing for each little thing.

Here is an amazing idea I have run across lately. We are trying to prep our house to list it for sale. Every 18 months or so, pretend your house is going on the market and clean it/declutter that way. It is AMAZING the things I have found to get rid of or even just move around to make it more attractive.

The Kidless Kronicles

It must be the weather because I have also been in a organizing/cleaning mood! I have been tossing tshirts and sweatpants (guilty habit of mine….as soon as I walk in from work/errands/a date I’m in Walmart sweats…but the holey ones have got to go!) Good luck girlie. I am taking mine a little at a time. Painting my bathroom this weekend though! :) Target has bathroom stuff and containers on sale here too!

Oh, man. I really really need to go through our clothes that we have in our closets. I still have stuff from college and high school I think. And ALL of the kiddos’ outgrown clothes. I think I will need four huge storage bins over bags to load them up. Eeep!

11. Candice says

Girl get that crock pot out of the closet and use it! The crock pot is my saving grace. I cook dinner at least 3 times a week with it. It’s so easy!

my easter was pretty lame…i actually spent most of the day cleaning! i have soooo many clothes i need to get rid of i am way behind on that!

This reminds me that I better start cleaning my closet out. I am getting close to goal weight after losing 86 lbs so far and have to sort through more clothes. Yes, I know this is a good thing. I enjoyed your blog.

Dont know why, but spring cleaning sounds REALLY good right about now. I can make a list right now of all the little places throughout my house I would like to tidy up and organize.

Oooh, I need to do some Spring cleaning too. Somehow I went from a 500 sq ft apartment to a 1600 sq ft house and it’s more cluttered than ever. I’m sure I have a ridiculous amount of things that I just don’t need.

We moved from Washington state to Texas, and I seriously need to go through my closet, get rid of my super-thick sweaters and buy some more shorts and t-shirts/tank tops. I swear half my clothes are no longer appropriate! And my kids’ toys is a never-ending mess. I would love to just get rid of them, but feel bad throwing away their stuff. We already rotate toys (1/3 out, 2/3 in bins in the garage and we switch out toys once per month), and I’m at a loss for how to tidy them up more…

I like your closet theory! Sadly no good tips here. I am an extremely organized person at heart but I have been slipping lately and my place is a mess. Driving me crazy!!! Maybe I will get inspired and go buy some much needed storage boxes and shelves this weekend…

18. TiffanyG. says

Monica, toss everything you haven’t used in the past year or two. I’m sure that will make life so much easier for you. :P I went through this a little over a week ago. Crazy, but I do feel your pain.

Oh, how did you start off running?

19. Laura@joyful shimmy says

I love how you kept it simple. It’s inspiring. I ended up keeping my spring decluttering as a monthly ritual with out with the old in with the new clutter free space.