Rust Day and Monday Mini-Goals

Good Morning and Happy Monday!

Since I ran yesterday I’m taking today as my Rust Day (Running Rest Day). This means I cannot run, but I can do some strength or yoga if I want.

And after last week’s fail of a yoga session I still really need to get in there! I’m going to do a strength session after my morning client. Then, I’m going to try and make it to Yoga or spend some good time S-T-R-E-T-C-H-I-N-G

This is a big challenge for me, but I know it’s super important.do something today thumb Rust Day and Monday Mini Goals(image source)

Another big challenge is admitting that I’ve been nighttime eating the last two nights again. I swear I was doing really well with this (and I wish I would have kept track of how long the streak was!!), but bad habits are hard to break and so easy to fall back into. IMG 9995 800x600 thumb Rust Day and Monday Mini Goals

So, I’m back on the “nothing ate after eight” bandwagon (okay, it’s my own little club and not so much an actual wagon…). Because of all the stuff going on at home lately, I’ve gotten off track. I don’t want to do anything dramatic, but I need to refocus.

My partnership with Aveeno has me re-evaluating my goals. This week we’re talking about goals that impact your body. So even though I sound like a broken record mp3 I want to be accountable and say it again.

Monica’s 30 Day Goals:

1. No eating after 8pm. Close the kitchen when my bc alarm goes off.

2. Yoga once a week. Boom.

Question: Got any Monday Mini-Goals for the week? Share ‘em!aveeno logo thumb2 Rust Day and Monday Mini Goals

Disclosure: Compensation was provided by AVEENO® via Glam Media.The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of AVEENO®

Comments

1. Reagan says

I’ve fallen into the nightime eating trap the last two weeks. I hate it! It actually makes me very angry. I’m joining you in your nothing after 8 club. Thanks for the invite :)

2. Summer T says

100 sit-ups and 50 push-ups every other day (every day if possible) something I can do at home, divided up through the day, already seeing it work! I try not to eat after six at night, it is killer when I have to watch Diners, Drive Ins and Dives before drifting off to sleep!!!

Your comment about habits being easy to fall back into reminded me of the book I’m reading – The Power of Habit. It’s got great studies and psychological info about why we do certain things, how to stop, and how to create good habits! Tons of business, sports, and exercise examples. Loving it so far!

I think Ben just bought that book (mostly for me)! We have a pile of new books that just arrived and I want to say one of them was titled HABIT something or other.

4. Bethany says

My goal is to do yoga twice this week. Which is two more times than I usually do it! I’m not sure why I stopped, I love yoga, and I love how I feel when I do it. I just fell out of the habit I guess!

My Monday-Mini-Goal is to spend at least an hour preplanning for school the next day. This time of the year makes it easy to lose sight of the the missing and want to go all Spaghetti Arms in class.

Good goals! Sometimes I don’t get home until after 8 though, so while that would DEFINITELY have me losing weight because I’d skip dinner a lot, I wouldn’t be very happy…

This week, my goal is to not eat anything unless I instantly track it. I’m great about tracking my meals but end up with a bite here, bite there, and I look like I have a huge calorie deficit, but I don’t and wonder why I’m not losing weight :P.

I can relate to the difficulty in breaking the night time eating habit! As much as I try not to be, I’m a total night owl and night time is when I finally get the chance to sit down and relax… and eat! But it’s a terrible habit… I’ll join you, too, on the not eating past 8 rule! I’ve heard it takes something like 21 days to break a habit… this will be a great challenge :)

this is totally unrelated but i think dunkin donuts should consider sponsoring you! i was in vegas this weekend and was like, oh, i should totally try that DD iced coffee i keep reading about (on your blog).

i did. it was good. not like, fall of my chair fantastic, but defintely good enough to get a 2nd one later.

9. Sarah says

I have horrible heartburn (my stomach-esophagus is physically effed up) so I cannot eat or drink anything after 7. I had been getting really hungry though so lately I’ve been doing something new.

I take 3-4 psyllium husk capsules and a big glass of water at 7 to trick my tummy into feeling really full without actually needed to digest extra food. I know a lot of people are just snack-y at night, not actually hungry, but I think it could help with snack-i-ness too.

I hate it when I can’t stop my hunger train at night. Drinking extra water (which I already know you do) works for me as well as brushing my teeth and finding something to occupy myself with those hours.

I have two goals: 1) Eat well the whole week (I keep doing well during the week, but blow it big time on the weekends) and 2) Do the 30 Day Shred for 7 days. In a row.

I’ve been following the Learn 2 Run program (similar to Couch 2 5K) and I’m in Week 7 – so I want to wrap that up this week with strong runs. I did a 5K over the weekend and ran a lot of it but I have the goal 5K race coming up that I want to entirely run.

I also want to start planking though this one always seems to be a constant goal the reality is that I just don’t. Ugh… maybe this week will be different.

My Monday Mini-Goal = writing down what I eat all week!

Obsessed with the idea of going faster for my next Half and am sure a few pounds off will help me to achieve a new PR!

I love that quote/picture thing. It’s def something that should always be considered!

My mini goals:
    run at least twice this week (I’ve been on the injured list, and now I’m just afraid to do it in case I’m just broken).
    Gym – M-TR (I usually take Thursday off, but I’ll be out of town so I’ll miss my glorious Sat & Sunday gym sesh)

I have a bc alarm too, but mine goes off at 11am! I eat all the time. If you ever have the cravings after 8, try to do a veggie, that way you won’t feel as guilty! Or just add another mile onto tomorrow’s run!

I have been part of that kitchen closed after 8pm for years. Otherwise I would eat until my eyes closed! Night time eating was such a hard habit to break but I did it. And every now and then I find myself walking into the kitchen looking for somethiing and have to remind myself it is after 8. Stick with it!!! You can do it!!!
    Monday goal, not to stress about missing a workout this week,(my little guy is sick) so getting in workouts will be tough.

I’m on the bandwagon too. No eating after dinner (which is a bit after 8).

My Monday goal is to get at least 3 days of cardio in a week. I go to my circuit training class 3 times a week, and I need to get some cardio in there too!

Yoga…here I come this weekend! I mean I’ve a self/home practice but it’ll be good to go for a class now and again. Keep up the mini goals RER!

Whoooa~ I think I can never do such a challenge. OH my.
    I hope I can really do such a habit. Thanks, your inspiring when it comes with healthy habit.

Sally
    To visit my blog, please click here.