Margarita Mondays

I’m dumb.  I’ve been trying to ice my toe with a bag of frozen peas but someone said to put it in a bowl of ICE WATER! Hello Monica.

Warning: Don’t try this at home (or near electrical wires). It was wildly unpleasant.IMG 0871 600x800 thumb Margarita Mondays

My snacks were good today – nuts and a protein bar…IMG 0867 800x600 thumb Margarita Mondays

Protein shake and 2 chocolate rice cakes. Hit.the.spot.IMG 0877 800x600 thumb Margarita Mondays

After working for the recruiting company all day I changed and headed to the gym to train 3 clients. This was the longest day ever.

Well, this long day turned into the best day when Ben greeted me at the door with a Watermelon Margarita!!! God bless that man.IMG 0956 800x533 thumb Margarita Mondays

And he cooked dinner! He made chicken fajitas, roasted broccoli, warmed tortillas AND cleaned the kitchen. IMG 0960 533x800 thumb Margarita Mondays

I squished together some beans to add to the fun and dinner was served! I swear this is the best meal of my life.IMG 0963 800x533 thumb Margarita Mondays

Even though I piled my plate high and I’m stuffed I want dessert. This is probably because I have the belly of a toddler…your body is a toddler Margarita Mondays

Comments

1. Emily says

the title of this post alone made me smile/happy; i had to read on! can there be an official declaration that every Monday is a margarita Monday?

2. Phebe says

Ben is such a sweetie. You definitely found a keeper :) I love the look of your margarita glasses and am really craving a watermelon margarita right now! Have you tried the watermelon beer (Hell or High Watermelon) by 21st amendment? I think you’d like it!

• Katie P says

I tried that last summer and it is SOOO good! Very light and refreshing. hmmm now I gotta go see if I can find it again..

Yep, all on his own. He used to cook for himself a lot before we met (but it involved a lot of bacon, eggs and cheese). I just have taught him to stay out of the kitchen. Now I realize that was dumb.

Awesome! That food looks amazing! My husband surprises me every once in a while with amazing food and then will claim to not be able to cook for the next 4-6 months :) So twice a year I get food I don’t have to cook haha

Three cheers for Ben! Love when they do cool stuff like that.

I was full after dinner last night but made sure to wait a while and let it settle because I HAD to have a piece of carrot cake that we had sitting in the fridge. Silly me, should have just skipped the dinner part.

5. Stephanie says

Glad to know that I’m not the only person that wants ice cream after eating dinner. Love margarita monday, I will be doing this more often.

6. april says

is it weird that i’m drooling over your pictures of fajitas and watermelon margaritas at 8:30 in the morning? nope, didn’t think so… :)

I think my monday would have been greatly improved with a watermelon margarita. Good thing the word ‘margarita’ can be attached to other days like ‘tuesday.’ maybe i’ll practice that today… :)

How did he cook the roasted broccoli? I bought some becasue it was on sale and in theory I’m trying to eat better, but it just keeps staring at me from the fridge, laughing because I don’t know what to do with it and I don’t eat raw veggies!

Just put it in a sprayed roasting pan at 350 until it’s done as much as you like. We also spray it with olive oil and TJ’s 21 seasoning salute. I like it pretty burnt.