Reach the Beach Episode 1

This morning I hit up the farmer’s market super fast in search of some healthy bread. I was in and out in 10 minutes after visiting the 2 bread booths. That must be a new record as I usually spend 2 hours there eating samples.

I grabbed a few sweet potatoes – that booth had 4 different kinds of them!IMG 1460 800x600 thumb Reach the Beach Episode 1

I bought squaw bread from a local bakery. It was super soft and fluffy, which I like. Buuuuut, I think I prefer a nuttier, heartier bread. The search continues.IMG 1465 800x600 thumb Reach the Beach Episode 1

IMG 1471 800x600 thumb Reach the Beach Episode 1

Mid-afternoon smoothie break. Eaten with chopped nuts = very fro-yo like wlEmoticon smile20 Reach the Beach Episode 1

IMG 1474 800x600 thumb Reach the Beach Episode 1

Fancy dinner at costco.  Ben and I shared this spread. Then, I went home and proceeded to cut and eat half a watermelon. IMG 1476 800x600 thumb Reach the Beach Episode 1

This time last week I was gearing up for my scary night time run of the relay!

RTBMA12 8713 2 thumb1 Reach the Beach Episode 1

As part of our sponsorship New Balance and Reach the Beach had our adventures documented.

Here is the first episode of Team Off Balance’s Reach the Beach relay made by pixelwiremedia.com / rtbrelay.com.

Reach the Beach Episode 1

Stayed tuned for more clips of me having a complete breakdown while running faster than should be scientifically explainable for my body…

Comments

Where did you find squaw bread?? There’s a place in Costa Mesa/Irvine (Red Hill and Bristol) called the Tummy Stuffer that has sandwiches on squaw and basically I love it, but I’ve never seen it sold anywhere! Please share your knowledge!

Both of the bakery booths at the farmer’s market sold Squaw. Also, I’ve had squaw bread at Sprouts (their deli section that makes sandwiches). I bet Mother’s or WF has it too.

2. Karoline says

That looks like such a cool experience! Haha I feel the love around the campfire. Monica i dint even know tou and this is weird cyber ness but I feel like we would be friends in “real life”!!

3. sally stilwell says

omg what a great first episode! Looking forward to the rest. It’s funny, when i did my most recent relay a couple of weeks ago we had a “therapy” moment in the van. We were waiting for the first van to wrap up and we’d be starting our night legs….no one could fall asleep so we just all talked about stuff and laughed and cried. it was amazing! LOL.

Monica, I’m obsessed with you/laughing almost hysterically. Is that your freakout in the beginning clip? I’m absolutely dying (sorry, I know it was scary, but I tend to laugh at inappropriate times).

5. Alex says

I saw you at Costco! We were in front of you guys in line. I really outdid myself on the family dinner last night. Hot dogs all around!

6. Kendra says

wow i got choked up when gretchen started to laugh and cry and express her vulnerability at the fire. she’s fantastic!

What a fun video! And YAY I can finally comment on your blog again. I don’t know what my computer’s problem is, ugh. Hope you’re having a great Saturday!

8. Rachel says

I could watch a whole movie of this! It is so great! Congrats to all of you!

Also, I used to slip in and out of my sneakers, but now since you mentioned what your teacher said, I undo them each and every time, so that I don’t stretch them out! Great advice! :)

9. Rachel says

One other thing, I was at Costco the other day, trying to remember what you said about picking the perfect watermelon. Thankfully, I had my phone and was able to pull up your helpful tips! Ha! Thanks for all the advice you are giving your readers. :)

I *heart* Costco dinner. It’s one step up from what I did for lunch today – chopped up lettuce, mangoes, sweet peppers, carrots, green onion, & avocado in a giant bowl, tossed it with vinaigrette and handed my 3 kids a fork until we licked the bowl clean. Less dishes, more sanity.