Fluffy Cookies and Last Walk with Chandra

Last night I threw together a bunch of random ingredients to make a batch of cookies. I’m actually really bad at baking cookies for some reason and wanted to show Chandra my lack of cookie making skills.

IMG 1848 800x533 thumb Fluffy Cookies and Last Walk with Chandra

These had: 1/2 stick butter, 1/2 banana, 1/2 c sugar, 1/2 tsp vanilla

In another bowl: 1 cup flour, salt, baking soda & powder, cinnamon.

Mix.

Add: Reeses pieces (because that’s all we had), raisins and a tiny bit of chopped dark chocolate bar.

My cookies always come out too fluffy and cake like. I dunno. Chandra said they were good, but she’s nicer than me nice.

IMG 1846 800x533 thumb Fluffy Cookies and Last Walk with Chandra

This morning we took out last little walk together. Me and this plant are waving her a sad goodbye…IMG 1862 800x600 thumb Fluffy Cookies and Last Walk with Chandra

Actually, Chandra may be moving here soon since there was a singles ad taped to the fence. She’s going to respond today. If it’s a love connection maybe she’ll be my neighbor!

IMG 1864 800x600 thumb Fluffy Cookies and Last Walk with Chandra

Breakfast bagel…IMG 1867 800x600 thumb Fluffy Cookies and Last Walk with Chandra

We are out of milk so I decided to get creative with the iced coffee and attempt to recreate Marylou’s amazing iced coffee!

I brewed a pot of coffee last night so it would be chilled for the morning. Pour the coffee over ice…

IMG 1852 533x800 thumb Fluffy Cookies and Last Walk with Chandra

Then I added 1/4 cup of this Rockin’ Refuel Chocolate Milk I got from RnR San Diego… (Marylou’s uses Swiss Miss Hot Cocoa mix in their iced coffee so it’s the same idea.)

IMG 1854 800x533 thumb Fluffy Cookies and Last Walk with Chandra

I also added 1/2 packet of stevia and stirred it up.IMG 1856 800x533 thumb Fluffy Cookies and Last Walk with Chandra

It was delicious! I’m naming this one Rockin’ Chocolate Wonderful…

IMG 1861 533x800 thumb Fluffy Cookies and Last Walk with Chandra

Question: What should Chandra say in her response to the weird dating ad? How do I get her to move here?!

Comments

1. sarah says

Too much flour for that amount of butter will make them fluffy. Also you shouldn’t need both baking soda and powder, you’re doubling up on the puff factor there too.

2. Ashley says

Cold butter will make cookies fluff up also, I always melt mine in the microwave for like 10-15 seconds, so its just a little runny.

3. Andrea says

Try this:
    1/2 cup Earth Balance (unsure if it’ll work with real butter)
    1/2 cup peanut butter
    1/2 cup sugar
    1/2 cup brown sugar (this adds chew- so less fluffy!)
    2 tablespoons soy milk
    1 1/4 cups flour
    1/2 teaspoon baking powder
    1/2 teaspoon baking soda
    1/4 teaspoon salt

Preheat your oven at 375
    Mix wet ingredients together before you start adding the dry ingredients.
    Bake 7-10 minutes. They’ll seem super soft so don’t touch them until they’ve cooled because they firm up. I always burn my tongue eating them. Worth it.

• Marcee says

This seems like an okay recipe to me. I will make these for the kids this weekend. W/real (unsalted) butter and less sugars though.

As for the peanut butter …. seems spot on. Should taste really delicious. A bit of soy milk should be a very nice add. Something different.

When baking pbc …. if you are in the mood for some good chocolate …. add a few chunks (a candy bar = Black & Green’s 70% + dark) into maybe 5-6 cookies. You do not have to dump a regular bag of c/chips into the bowl. Always nice to have a bit of cookie variety!

Love cookie bakin!!

• Andrea says

I add chocolate chips and pretzels to them- it’s a super peanut buttery cookie.

I know this seems lame- but have you tried the famous New York Times Jacques Torres trick for chocolate chip cookies? They’re called the -best- cookies ever. It’s a chocolate chip cookie recipe- but you let the dough sit in the fridge for a day and then bake them.

• Andrea says

I made a batch of vegan chocolate chip cookies and didn’t love how the batter turned out so I stuck them in the fridge and then baked them the next day- they were actually ~really good. I bet it’s just the fridge steps that affects it- like marinating.

4. Marcee says

They say (not sure who …. experts) baking is a science. Maybe so.

The thing is ….. I always change-up recipes. Especially re sugar. For the last several years cutting the sugars anywhere from 1/3 to 1/4 (sometimes more) is better tasting. Overly sweet cookies are not good. To my tastebuds anyway. Doesn’t take long to get used to less sugar.

Usually when any fruit or a veggie is added to a cookie recipe, the product becomes soft. Lots of sugars make cookies crisp ….. butter will also. If you add an extra egg to a recipe, this will change the flavor and feel of the cookie to puffier and softer.

P.S. M ….. those little orange candies you put in the cookies …. I thought those were sliced carrots! Hah. Boome. I’d like to try a few with a cup of tea!

5. Karoline says

Do you know if anyone can be a part of the Chocolate Milk Refuel team? Do they do races in Canada? I’d love to be a part of it! They seem to have great product and it looked like you had fun.