Lazy Iced Coffee and June 2012 Highlights

Happy Monday! I started my day off with a speedish run – 1 m w/u, 4 800s and 1 m c/d. It was just okay. I need to do this weekly again to see improvement because I was def slower than in the past.

When I got back I realized there was only a few sips of iced coffee left from yesterday so I had to make a fresh batch.

Luckily Tina sent me a bag of Marylou’s AMAZING coffee for my brewing pleasure. IMG 5432 thumb Lazy Iced Coffee and June 2012 Highlights

Supposedly the “secret” to Marylou’s amazing iced coffee is that they add in Swiss Miss Hot Chocolate to it. I love iced coffee and I love hot cocoa so I am definitely down for experimenting with this.

But I’m lazy so I added the hot chocolate mix straight to the grounds to brew up together. IMG 5433 800x600 thumb Lazy Iced Coffee and June 2012 Highlights

I’ve done this before with cinnamon too so I figured it would work, but I wasn’t sure. IMG 5437 800x600 thumb Lazy Iced Coffee and June 2012 Highlights

I brewed up the pot and then set aside a cup to cool for a bit. Then, I added a lot of almond milk and ice. So so good.IMG 5443 thumb Lazy Iced Coffee and June 2012 Highlights

Breakfast was the usual.IMG 5442 thumb Lazy Iced Coffee and June 2012 Highlights

Time for my June 2012 Highlights…summer wardrobe Lazy Iced Coffee and June 2012 Highlights

Favorite RUN:

I LOVE running when I’m traveling, so it’s a tie between

my run in Seattle and my run in Central ParkIMG 5201 thumb Lazy Iced Coffee and June 2012 Highlights

Favorite EAT:

The huge delicious donut I had after Rock N’ Roll San Diego was pretty amazing. IMG 1775 800x600 800x600 thumb Lazy Iced Coffee and June 2012 Highlights

Favorite post I’d like to REPEAT:

Tie between my 3 Year Anniversary post and my Fitness Bucket List

wedding ceremony picture Lazy Iced Coffee and June 2012 Highlights

Question: What was your favorite moment or meal from June?

pin it button Lazy Iced Coffee and June 2012 Highlights

Comments

1. Jessica says

So could you taste the swiss miss? I put cinnamon in my grounds sometimes too and would LOVE to try hot chocolate.

I didn’t eat anything life changing in June. Then again, I spent most of it still recovering from a gum surgery so I had to eat a bunch of mush. The first time I got to eat chips again was perfection. lol

My highlight was getting talked into signing up for a line dance contest I had planned on just watching. I ended up placing in the top 12 and compete again in July!

Yes! I’ve been obsessed with ice coffee lately bc of how hot it’s been – thanks for the handy tip on making my own!

Favorite June workout was probably some track repeats that I did, believe it or not. super hot day, but walked away feeling awesome.

Thats such a great idea with the coffee and hot chocolate!

I had a lot of great June events – we went to Wisconsin Dells, we celebrated my brothers, my hubby’s, and my moms birthdays, and I went to my sister in laws awesome baby shower!

I put the hot chocolate powder straight in the coffee- I’m thinking it’s probably more chocolatey that way-??

My favorite moment from June was at 3:15 on the 28th when I was done teaching summer school. It was magical.

Favorite moment for me was probably becoming a licensed bartender! It’s not something I EVER thought I’d be doing, but it’s a good way to make money during the summer, and now I have one more fun fact about myself :P

I <3 iced coffee w/ vanilla almond milk. In a time crunch, I use just enough hot water to dissolve a SBucks Mocha Via, then fill my cup the rest of the way with the milk and some ice. So yummy!

I loved seeing your wedding picks – you're gorgeous :)