Happy Birthday Michael

Today is my brother Michael’s birthday!!! Happy Birthday Michael :)

IMG_5816 (600x800)

He’s no Magic Mike…IMG_5794 (600x800)

But he is a great photo bomber…IMG_5879 (800x600)IMG_5672 (800x600)

And he can sport a hat like no one’s business.IMG_5828 (600x800)

Last year we went on a little road trip for his birthday.

We went to Lompoc, Morrow Bay and Paso Robles.

Tonight we’re just going to dinner. Hopefully we can brainstorm a fun trip when he’s done with school at the end of the summer.IMG_5737 (600x800)

He is my favorite red head in the world and I want to wish him the best year ever ever ever!!!SCAN0255

Yesterday I baked his birthday cake – Funfetti by his request.IMG_5749 (800x533)

IMG_5747 (800x533)

I tried one to see if they were up to par. Yep! Whew. Glad I checked though Winking smile

IMG_5781 (800x533)

Even though it’s my brother’s birthday, I’m the one that got presents!

Yesterday I got 2 new pairs of Brooks Pure Project shoes in the mail. It’s part of my Run Happy Ambassador Partnership with Brooks. IMG_5764 (800x533)

I wasn’t going to run today, but when I pulled these out of the box I couldn’t get them on fast enough.IMG_5767 (800x533)

I was able to choose the colors and loved this black and blue option. IMG_5768 (800x533)

I’ve always wanted a pair of black shoes like Kara Goucher in my favorite picture of her.kara goucher runnning(source)

In my dreams.IMG_5773 (800x533)

Anyways, I went out for 1 mile w/u, 4 800s, and 1 c/d. I can definitely feel the difference between these shoes and my usual ones. The smaller heel – toe drop felt really odd at first, but I LOVE it! I’ll do a full review after I’ve ran in them a while.

Okay, I have to shower and get to work! See ya later.

Comments

Happy birthday to your brother! I love the little kid pic of you guys.

I have the Brooks Pure Cadence shoes. I looooovvee them. It took me a while to get used to them too. In fact I remember my calves hurt really bad. Not like they were pulled, more like they were worked really hard and I need to stretch them like crraaazzzyyy. I agree though the colors are the best.

2. Elizabeth R says

I have been salivating over the PureCadence bright pink sneakers for a little while. Just don’t know if I can justify buying ANOTHER pair of sneakers (I only have about 10 Brooks running sneakers). Sigh…

Happy birthday to your brother Michael! Love the pics of him, especially with the bag on his head as a hat.

I have those shoes (same color combo!), great shoes with very little transition time needed. I have done 4 half marathons in them this year plus a number of other shorter races. I recently tried the Brooks PureGrit (trail shoes from the Pure Project line), and I think I love them even more, though, for road and trail both. We’ll see after I wear them next week for my first Ragnar Relay; I have some bright orange ones that are perfect with my orange running skirt and green and orange shirt. :D

WOOT! Funfetti cake :) Yum!

And I feel alot better knowing someone else with big feet like mine. I wear 10’s too! My family calls them my “barge” shoes.

5. Amanda says

I’m so curious about the Brooks pure line! Can’t wait for your review. I just bought a pair of new Saucony progrid rides, they have a lowered heel to toe drop and I’m really loving them. (it helps that I’m a mid-foot striker)

I have the Pure Flow’s in Pink…they are fantastic!!! However, for some reason I discovered I have to think of my feet as I am running in them because they seem to connect with the ground putting my face that much closer to it :(

Can’t wait to hear more about what you think about the shoes – soon I’ll need a new pair and I’ve been looking at those ones specifically.

8. Cari says

I run in Brooks Pure Flow shoes, and I think they’re great! I thought long and hard about the Pure Connect, but I was worried about durability (especially in Philadelphia where it rains a bunch)… so I’ll be interested to hear your thoughts on those!