Fun Flapjack Friday

Happy Friday!!!! Even though I was busy this week it kinda dragged. I’m very happy to see the weekend.

Last night on the way home from dinner with Tina I called Ben and told him I was on my way home and joked that I wanted a cookie for dessert.

Well, he delivered. He baked a mini-batch of chocolate chip cookies!IMG 5879 800x533 thumb Fun Flapjack Friday

This morning I woke up to the weirdest sound outside my window. It sounded like the sprinklers were hitting the side of the house?!

Nope. Apparently sometimes water falls from the sky and people call it “rain”. It’d been a while since I’d seen this rain stuff so I was thrown off.

Breakfast – protein pancake. IMG 5876 800x533 thumb Fun Flapjack Friday

After breakfast I hit up the pool for some exercise. Pam had me do a bunch of drills and then 200m straight though. The swim for the tri I’m doing is 200m so we knew I should get a feel for what the full distance would be like. IMG 5898 800x600 thumb Fun Flapjack Friday

Even though my cardiovascular is pretty fit from the whole running thing, swimming 200m in a row was super tiring! I don’t have my breathing or strokes down yet so it’s rough.

Pam is trying to kill me. IMG 5900 800x600 thumb Fun Flapjack Friday

When I got home I had a handful of cherries.

And a cookie. IMG 5879 800x533 thumb1 Fun Flapjack Friday

Hey, it’s Cookie Friday! Everyone should have one wlEmoticon smile10 Fun Flapjack Friday

It’s also National French Fry Day! There are a few places near my old house that serve DUIs. A DUI is chili fries with pastrami, carne asada and a ton of other stuff. We don’t mess around in Pico. What what. dui1 thumb Fun Flapjack Friday

(source)

Fun Friday Video:

A bunny eating a flower.

Ben says this is what he sees when he looks across the dinner table at me. It’s kinda the cutest compliment I’ve ever gotten wlEmoticon smile10 Fun Flapjack Friday

Are you celebrating National French Fry Day or Cookie Friday – pick one and share!

Comments

1. Zana says

Love the french fries. When we lived in Canad, a Poutine was our our fav.

Poutine – a dish of homemade french fries topped with white cheddar cheese curds and beef gravy. Topped with vinegar.

when I started swimming in Januaury, It made me feel very out of shape which I know I am not, but swimming is all different from what I am use to.

3. Ida says

fry day, friday!
    swimming is tough at first, but get’s so much easier once you get the form down. i love how i feel after a swim, but never go b/c i hate packing all the gear.

Cookie Friday for me all the way–I don’t eat fries all that much these days, but cookies? Yeah, I could go for one (or two or three) today.

Better get running so I can!

I wasn’t celebrating them…until now. I still have a few hours until its over :)

And don’t worry swimming can be tricky at first. My dad and sister were both on swim teams growing up and in competitions in school. My mom was an assistant swim coach. So I have had some training but I love to swim just to relax. It is my preference for cross training.

I love to feel my body moving through the water. I love being able to hear myself breathe at every 3rd stroke (I breathe on both sides). I love how I am not all drippy in sweat with it stinging my eyes. Admittedly, it took me a while to pace myself on days where all I was doing were swimming laps….ya know, lack of Garmin throws one off ;-) But I love the rhythmic pattern of movements and the silence of the water around me. It really can be relaxing once you get the hang of it, I promise :)

The great thing about swimming is that if you are a fit person, it’s easy to improve really quickly as your form improves and you become more efficient swimmer. As long as you stick with it swimming will become much easier! Good luck with the triathlon training!