Ten Taste buds

Hello! I ran a strong 10 miler at MGP and only fell off in the last mile and a half. I’ll take it since I had to go to the restroom 3 times before I left this morning and thought I’d make a U turn back home to an emergency stop!image thumb22 Ten Taste buds

Post run – Whole Foods Detox Juice. They gave me an extra wheat grass shot and I reluctantly took it. I don’t like wheat grass, but I know it’s magical so I took the shot.

Then, I rushed home for church. I haven’t been to church in a while and have a God sized hole in my heart this week. We tried a new Catholic church (oddly Ben picked it) and it was packed – standing room only. Good service, but I think we need to go back to the the other church we found that felt like it had potential for us to make a home there.IMG 6808 600x800 thumb Ten Taste buds

An Open Letter to Anyone with Taste buds….

Dear People of Earth,

I know times are tough, the economy is bad and we all don’t have the money to spend $1.25 on a dumb ol’ granola bar (and that was on sale!). But, please make one exception and seek out this new KIND Dark Chocolate Nuts & Sea Salt bar. IMG 6810 800x600 thumb Ten Taste buds

It tastes like a fancy piece of See’s Candy. But you can call it a snack bar and pretend like it’s not a delicious candy bar guilt free.  You’re welcome.

Love,
Monica
IMG 6811 800x600 thumb Ten Taste buds

pin it button Ten Taste buds

Comments

omg, first you turn me onto y-land, no I gotta run out and try that Kind Bar! I love the PBJ Kind Bar as well. Church for me too, today. It’s a great way to start the week. Plus, isn’t brunch required after church?!

I love Kind bars! I haven’t seen that flavor, but their other ones are super! We had a new one at my place, ginger something or other, which I grabbed. Love me some ginger!!!

Great job on the 10 miler! I have only worked my way up to 6 miles at marathon pace so far. Yikes! Might be reconsidering what my NYC pace should really be. That bar does look good, I’ll have to give it a try.

Awesome job on the 10 miler. I dragged out a half marathon today (Rock n Roll Providence, RI). Not my best but could have been worse. I so wish I could (a) run as much and (b) run as fast as you!
    Your running is such an inspiration :)

I love Kind bars! Someone keeps buying them at my job, every time we get more I squirrel them away in my desk, because they are pricey! I picked up a bag of their peanut butter granola in the checkout of TJ Maxx (impulse buy) and it is delicious!

6. Amy says

Hey Monica! I have a quick question for you: I’m visiting my friend in Huntington Beach in a couple weeks (this is BIG – I live in shitty Boston!) any must see or do in the area? I *think* you live close to there?!

7. Harper says

Kind bars are my favorite. There has to be a way to get them cheaper. I’m considering buying in bulk. I wish I was kidding.

I’d love to try that bar! It looks great! Churches are interesting. Its no fun sitting in Church when you feel like an outsider. Keep looking for the right one, until you feel at “home” or “peace” which ever feeling you prefer! haha

I can’t have things like that Kind bar in my house. I will eat them till the pack is empty. Protein bars are also just candy bars in disguise in my world…except you can eat more of them before they make you sick!

10. Kathy R. says

Hummm, first your coffee messed up your stomach, and now you had to go to the restroom 3 times before leaving the house, are you sure you’re not pregnant ? ;)

I have been wanting to try the Kind bar but it was a little pricey, thanks for letting me know that it’s worth it! I will be getting one or a few on my next grocery trip.