Marathon Meals – Train Hard and Eat Well

Happy Thursday!

I am super busy today with work work (as opposed to blog work or yard work?) but I wanted to share my latest ING Class of 2012 Marathon Meals video.IMG 5185 thumb Marathon Meals   Train Hard and Eat Well

First, back to this morning… I woke up and debated the gym or a walk (today is a rest from running). I decided to do a 4 mile walk in the morning (before it gets too hot) and do some strength moves in my living room later wlEmoticon smile12 Marathon Meals   Train Hard and Eat Well

Then, I ate the rest of the avocado from last night with some eggs. There was also fruit.IMG 6958 800x533 thumb Marathon Meals   Train Hard and Eat Well

When I was in New York for the ING NY Marathon shoot I filmed several recipe videos with the Food Editor at Redbook Magazine. <- ah! I still can’t believe it! It was such an honor and I was super nervous! IMG 5171 thumb Marathon Meals   Train Hard and Eat WellLuckily, the ING team and camera crew were amazing and the entire experience was super fun. We had a script, but had the freedom to ad lib as well. At the end of one of the recipe videos I said, “Train hard and Eat Well” and they loved it, so it stuck.

Side note: I don’t know how the Food Network pros do it – taking a bite of something and then ‘signing off’ is hard. This week’s Marathon Meal is Lemon Oregano Chicken – this meal smells amazing in person. Let me know if you make it!

If you want to see the other videos my teammates made while we were in NY please check out and “like” the ING NY Marathon Facebook page! Today Steve’s talking about Fartleks.

Question: What would be your ‘sign off’ phrase if you had a cooking show?

My other option would be a variation of “running around and eating a lot, mostly healthy – sometimes not!”

pin it button Marathon Meals   Train Hard and Eat Well

Comments

I would say “remember to burn your calories, not your food!” I think I’m going to copyright that (just in case I ever become a food network host”!

Love your blog!

Just wanted to tell you that I just love your blog and how honest you are all the time – and that you have been a huge inspiration for me!
    Congrats on the the video, it’s fantastic :)

You are great on camera, I know I could never do it! What did you think of the gear check announcement today? I am sure as a sponsored runner it won’t impact, just curious your opinion as an experienced marathoner?

I don’t normally either, but NYC in November will be chilly, could be rainy or snowy. Guess I better start training with my phone on board. My nerves are getting the better of me the cloer the race gets.

Great Post! And also a great video! I’m gonna have to try out some of your recipes. One of the hardest things for me right now, aside from squeezing in training sessions, is eating healthy. I have to be better at it. I think that is one aspect that is holding me back in my fitness.

If I had a video about cooking (which will prolly never happen!) it might be: “Eat what I say, not what I eat!”

I almost never leave a response, however i did some searching and wound up
    here Marathon Meals – Train Hard and Eat Well – Run Eat Repeat.

And I actually do have 2 questions for you if you usually do
    not mind. Could it be only me or does it look like some of the
    responses appear as if they are written by brain dead visitors?
    :-P And, if you are posting at other online
    sites, I would like to keep up with anything new you
    have to post. Would you list of the complete urls of your public pages like your
    twitter feed, Facebook page or linkedin profile?