My Sweat Smells Like Fritos

Hello from Florida! Last night I spent time hanging out with Ben’s fam. I think I have a new favorite wlEmoticon smile My Sweat Smells Like Fritosimage thumb My Sweat Smells Like Fritos

Ben’s dad made ribs for dinner…IMG 7212 800x600 thumb My Sweat Smells Like Fritos

but, I’m not the biggest meat eater so I made a plate of all the sides plus some rotisserie chicken. Ben’s mom and I hit up Publix yesterday so we have a ton of delicious breads and salads and stuff!IMG 7210 800x600 thumb My Sweat Smells Like Fritos

I was in charge of cutting and eating the watermelon. Done and done.IMG 7216 800x600 thumb My Sweat Smells Like Fritos

I also had a bowl of cereal for dessert later in the evening.  Everyone else was enjoying apple pie, but I’m not a pie person. I most definitely am a cereal person wlEmoticon winkingsmile My Sweat Smells Like Fritos

This morning I got ready for my long run before the sun was up. My alarm went off at 3am PST and getting out of bed was not pleasant, but I wanted to ‘beat the heat’. Well, you can’t really beat the heat in Florida since the humidity keeps it hot here even in the morning, but it was cooler than mid-day.

I had some toast, half a naner and packed up some Nuun.IMG 7217 800x600 thumb My Sweat Smells Like Fritos

*I also made a video about my fuel belt, but it’s going to take a while to upload. Coming soon!

I realize running in Florida is very different from running in SoCal. My body is not used to the humidity so I wasn’t sure how many miles I was going to do. I left the house aiming for 2 hours today and 2 tomorrow. That’s less than ideal, but realistic given the circumstances.IMG 7222 600x800 thumb My Sweat Smells Like Fritos

The humidity was pretty rough so I ended up doing my usual 5.8 mile loop and coming back to the house to refill my water bottles. I also took a few swigs of juice for fuel and went back out.

I ended up running 13 miles. I was DRENCHED. I was so covered in sweat my shoes were making squishy noises like I had stepped in a puddle. DRENCHED.image thumb1 My Sweat Smells Like Fritos

Ben picked me up at the beach and I’m glad he brought a towel for me to sit on. I was so dripping wet he thought I jumped in the ocean!image thumb2 My Sweat Smells Like Fritos

On the way back we drove through Dunkin Donuts. Hello lover…image thumb3 My Sweat Smells Like Fritos

All you need is Love Watermelon and Iced CoffeeIMG 7230 800x600 thumb My Sweat Smells Like Fritos

I wasn’t hungry when I got back, but after a shower I knew I had to eat something besides watermelon. I had eggs and a bowl of cereal. And more watermelon, obviously.IMG 7232 800x600 thumb My Sweat Smells Like Fritos

Okay, we have big plans to relax at the beach today. See ya later!

Question: What do you crave after a long run or hard workout?

I crave watermelon every time all the time.

pin it button My Sweat Smells Like Fritos

Comments

I know what you mean about being drenched in sweat. I have a friend who organizes floor hockey games. We usually play for 1.5 or 2 hours. Though we end up taking a couple of breaks, I’m always soaking wet from sweating so much. I always feel so gross when I leave, but it’s worth it every time cause it’s so much fun!

After long runs I usually crave something heavy in protein – but this a couple of hours later – right after a run I want something refreshing andy light!

Nothing tastes better (to me) after a long run than chocolate milk. And I actually prefer the TruMoo stuff to actual chocolate milk. Strange, right?

4. Rebecca says

I crave almond butter on pretty much anything with carbs-crackers, a banana, a bagel etc. On another note, I ran in my new Brooks Pure Cadence shoes today and I LOVED them, thanks for putting them on my radar!

I am such a cereal lover. I honestly could eat it all…day….long. That said, after a long run, I always want a bagel & cream cheese. I usually spend half of my long runs thinking about what type of bagel.

6. adria biasi says

Hey,
    I see that you and skinny runner meet up a lot. If you guys ever do a big blog fro yo date or something, let me know because I just moved down to this area for grad school and dont really know anyone besides people in my class. And I have been following you, her, and hungry runner girl for A LONNGGG time :)

Haha I understand the problem of being drenched in sweat. It’s super humid here in south Carolina and I am so gross after a long run. Then I just want to eat pancakes! I always crave pancakes.

I always crave watermelon, grapes, and/or nectarines immediately following a long run. A few hours later I crave a cheeseburger, which is weird because I almost never eat red meat.

like you today I usually am not hungry at first….but I need my food about an hour after….after our last half (sadly back in April) as we were driving home we passed a Chipotle….stopped, ordered and inhaled …it was heaven.

But, water immediately after is my refreshment. ;-)

10. Leslie says

When I seen your post about going to Florida, I almost emailed you to say start early!! We went to Destin this week and I attempted my long run yesterday morning.. Luckily this was a scale back week and I needed 13. I made it to 12.5 and thought I was going to die. I know exactly what you mean about how different it is running in humidity. I’ve gotten use to north Alabama about 65 early morning… 90 degrees with humidity is torture. I wasn’t as smart though I didn’t start until 6. There wasn’t a dry spot on me either and my shoes were squishy when I walked in the condo too. I couldn’t even see walking in the door because of sweat!! Oh, me! Dedicated runners right there! Thank goodness we don’t live there year around. Enjoy the rest of your family time!!

11. Melissa says

Agh I would be so DIZZY after all that sweat! I usually crave a granny smith apple…something to get the blood sugar back up and fix that taste in my mouth! (Apparently I need more water.) Did you change something with your website? It’s causing my Blackberry to free and/or shutdown, and it never used to do this. :( Anyway, love your blog as always, love YOU!

I crave an iced coffee with Click protein powder after a long run. Which is exactly what I had after 18 miles today. I’m on vacation in Carlsbad, California and I came back drenched from my morning run. It’s hot and humid out here (I am coming from dry Albuquerque, NM). I can’t imagine running in Florida!

13. Rachel says

I’m glad I’m not the only one who sweated like a beast on my run this morning! My shoes were squishing by the end and I could wring out my shirt and shorts. I blame it on the humidity!

When I was in high school & college, during field hockey preason, I would see vending machines and always craved an ice cold diet sprite. Now, I just crave water and a shower- totally lame.

15. Amanda W. says

I’m in KY… I get the humidity. Bring on Fall… fast! I usually crave greek yogurt. Matter of fact, it’s the only time I ever want it. Weird huh.

I can’t usually eat or have an appetite after a run…it’s the next few days that are “problematic” – I’m constantly hungry and just want carbs, carbs and carbs.

I feel you on that humidity, I live in Charlotte, NC and I headed out yesterday for 10 miles at 7am and only made it 8.25 miles, the heat and humidity almost killed me, I was drenched!
    Good job on your run!

I’m caving in and retreating indoors this weekend. The humidity in ATL is bad too, and I just can’t take it now that it’s September. I want hoodie weather!

I can’t eat much after a long run, and the more I sweat, the less I want to eat. So I always chuck a huge glass of dark chocolate almond milk within 15 min. of finishing and that helps to rehydrate and ‘reset’ my appetite, so to speak.

19. Caity says

Please tell me the title of this post is serious so I finally don’t feel so alone! Lol. My running clothes after long runs smell like Doritos. What IS that about? So gross!

I am so sorry you had to suffer in the Florida humidity!!! I live in Florida and it is so tough!! Once the cool weather comes around it is amazing how much easier and faster running becomes!!