Bread and Blood

Happy Thursday!

Exercise – I think my legs needed a break from 3 days of running in a row so I hit up the Body Blast class at the gym. It was okay.

recumbant biking for suckers Bread and Blood

Yesterday I walked up and down all the aisles of a local health foods store. I was on a mission to find something new. I think I was hoping to stumble across a healthy version of a Reeses PB Cup only made out of chia seeds and organic oxygen. Sadly, I didn’t find that.

But I did find this Carb Zero bread. I heard about this bread from one of the Sole Runners I met a few weeks ago. One girl raved about it and the other said it tasted HORRIBLE! This piqued my curiosity so I was excited when I spotted it. Added bonus = it’s from a relatively local company.

IMG 7635 800x600 thumb Bread and Blood

Ingredients of this magic gluten free, crab free, nut free, kitten free, duty free bread:

IMG 7637 600x800 thumb Bread and Blood

I had two pieces with sunflower seed butter (on sale!) and jelly. Um. It tastes weird. You MUST use some kind of nut butter and/or jelly because this is not a bread you eat straight up. I’m even skeptical it would be okay in sandwich form.

image thumb22 Bread and Blood

Then, I drove to my doctors office with a pear.

IMG 7642 600x800 thumb Bread and Blood

My doc is retesting my thyroid bloodiness. The bloodologist guy didn’t mind that I took a picture ‘for my blog’, but he laughed. How does he know RER is one big joke?!

image thumb23 Bread and Blood

Instead of a lollipop I get an iced coffee for being good at the doctor’s office wlEmoticon smile14 Bread and Blood

IMG 7645 600x800 thumb Bread and Blood

And since my doctor’s office is super way way far away I’m working from my mom’s with dogs at my feets.

IMG 7648 800x600 thumb Bread and Blood

Oh nuts!

IMG 7649 800x600 thumb Bread and Blood

Question: Are you a dog person or cat person or a human person?

Comments

1. sally says

DOG PERSON! And I miss the days so much of having my doodle sleeping at my feet. I use to work from home. Now I’m back in an office and just look at his picture a million times a day. =)

I’m going to the doctor later and just took a tootsie pop from my bosses’ candy jar as a pre “good girl” reward. LOL!

Anything that is pretending to be a carb and isn’t can’t be trusted.
    I have found those Reese’s Cups!!! Unfortunately the oxygen isn’t organic so I bet you’re gonna snob on em.
    P.S. We have both dog and cats (all outside pets). The two kitties are rescues and one of the dogs is a rescue. The other two dogs (the only pets we intended to have) we bought. They all rock my face off but I would say I like the dogs more. I think that’s just because I am more allergic to cats than dogs and because cats refuse to fetch me things that I throw.

I’m sorry but I have a hard time believing something that is gluten-free and carb-free could actually be called “bread”. In my experience, all gluten-free bread tastes a little off, though I did find some awesome gluten-free english muffins at Whole Foods that in my opinion are better than the real deal. Of course, I can’t remember the brand name.

I’m a total dog person. I treat my dog like she’s my child. :)

4. Teresa says

Oh Monica, I’m definitely a dog person. My dog, Oskar, is three and a half and I rescued him from the streets :(. Gladly, that’s on the past! Anyway, I love your blog and always read it but never say hi. I’m from Chile, so I was wondering whether you speak Spanish too? ahhaa just curious. I’m a 21 year-old marathon-trainee and just as you are, I’m madly in love with food haha I used to have a thyroid condition but it was mild and it cured itself when I lost weight and started running. (I’m 5’1” and used to weight about 135 pounds) I’ve been meat-free for three months now by the way, which is why I love your Meatless-Mondays!

Have a nice day and thank you for running such an inspiring, interesting and funny blog!

Too bad that bread didn’t taste better – I would have ate it by the loaf.
    I always had a cat growing up, but my husband is allergic :(
    We had a dog, but he passed away and my sons allergies improved. I miss having a dog, bu it’s a lot of work too.

Dog person here:) Love my little Yorkie/Maltese – she is my baybay. Um… I made this no carb candy one time and it tasted liked dust. No lie. TERRIBLE!!! Um… if you make it through whole loaf ~ you deserve a medal.

7. Meg says

Definitely a dog person. My Jack Russell is needy and crazy but SO entertaining.
    Never tried gluten free bread, but have tried many sugar-free food/candy options and agree that it is really hit or miss on finding something that tastes edible.

8. kate says

I looked at that bread at my wee local health food store, but I passed because it was $7.49 (um, that’s like a lip balm and a froyo).
    Maybe you should toast that shit…that always makes my Jesus bread (you know, Ezekiel) better.

Oh, I use to be a DOG person…but my little boy friend (all 6 pounds and almost 5 months)..is becoming quite the INSIDE pooper/pee-er…NOT liking that one bit.

I am changing to a “Human” person real soon…

10. Jordan says

I am a cat person. My fiance and I are totally obsessed with our cat. He even has his own bedroom. :)
    That bread is a really interesting find. I wonder how someone thought of the idea to make it? Weird.

I just got my blood taken today, too, to test my thyroid levels. but I didn’t think to take a photo of it!
    I am most definitely a dog person. If I am being completely honest, I’m a crazy dog person who treats their dog like their child!

Thank goodness for crab free bread ;)

I’m a….every animal person? We only have cats, but if it were up to me I’d have many more…dogs, horses, bunnies, etc, but I’m REALLY pushing for a puppy right now…no luck, though. Hubby gets this panicked look on his face when I bring it up.

Seriously, if you saw his reaction you’d think I was talking about having kids already O.o

I’m a human person…notsomuch for the am-in-als. That said we must have blood twins – I had to get a draw this morning too. I wanted to know that if my blood was broken why did they want so much?

14. [email protected] says

I think I am an everything person. Boo to the crappy bread.