Thankful Thursday

Hello! How’s it going?

I spent the day working from my mom’s and raiding her fridge. Luckily she has watermelon and ‘salad stuff’ so I was all set for lunch.

Around 2pm I got hungry and grabbed this new Light & Fit Greek Yogurt. Yeahhh, it’s way too sweet. This is probably because it has fake sweetener and junk. Why do they overcompensate with fake sugar?!IMG 7657 800x600 thumb Thankful Thursday

But, I’m a big hypocrite because I can drink diet soda (I am starting to notice it tasting super sweet though). I’m doing better and drinking a lot less than I was in the past! I was limiting it to once a week and that’s been slipping to 2 or 3 times – better watch it. IMG 7658 800x600 thumb Thankful Thursday

I was in a funk yesterday and asked you for some tips on how to beat it.

Simone gave a great suggestion…image thumb24 Thankful Thursday

lowered expectations thumb Thankful Thursday(someecards)

So today I’m writing down 10 things I’m thankful for and I invite you to do the same.

1. Ben.

2. My family (no Ben is apparently not considered my family in this list)

3. My job and my fam’s jobs. Times are tough, we are lucky to have work.

4. That I can stand at my makeshift desk on my mom’s mantle (see below) and that I can RUN!

5. Laughing.

6. A fridge full of food.

7. My magic phone that allows me to keep in touch with people I don’t get to see enough.

8. Mints. (random, but this came to me so easily I have to include it)

9. Songs that make me want to dance no matter where I am.

10. You guys for reading RER. It gives me a purpose on some days when I’m in a funk wlEmoticon smile15 Thankful Thursday

IMG 7651 800x600 thumb Thankful Thursday

Now I’m listening to my little brother practice piano and will probably walk the dogs in a bit. I’m going to spend the evening with my people. I’ll see you tomorrow wlEmoticon smile15 Thankful Thursday

Question: What are you thankful for today?

Of possible interest – Remember the overnight oats I made recently? It was part of a project I’m doing with Premier Protein. You can read the post here – Overnight Oats.

Comments

Today I am thankful for a really fun job teaching P.E to middle schoolers! My field hockey girls who really do love me! Pickles who no matter how horrible I feel puts a smile on my face. Lastly, mint frozen yogurt because it made me feel refreshed after a terribly long week. Ammmmeen!

Sorry to hear you are in funk. :( I wish I could come by and take yo uto Sizzler! ;) But tomorrow is Friday! Yay!

I am thankful for my health, my friends/family, and also for my magic phone that helps me stay in touch with people I don’t see nearly enough!

Standing desks are a wonderful thing to be thankful for! I’m thankful for mine every day, all day.

Today I’m thankful for the sensational weather we’ve had all week. Does that count if it’s not something I’m only thankful for today?

Otherwise, I’m thankful for Corn Chex.

I thankful I made it to see my Chinese physician after work yesterday…where he proceeded to “whack the h*ll” out of my left foot heel. And this morning when I woke up…walking normally or as normal as can be.

You’re right. Husband =\= family. Husband = better than family. I kid!…sort of :P

It’s ironic you write this post because yesterday was definitely a funk kind of day. We got news on the way home last night that my husband’s grandma will be passing soon (she’s under hospice care right now) which of course got us into talking about things…us, life, friends, etc, AND the things we’re thankful for. We didn’t do it all Thanksgiving style, we just talked a lot about the good in our life and how happy certain aspects of it make us.

I certainly hope you’re feeling better today!

I am thankful for every other Friday when I get to pick up my little man for the weekend. I am a stepmomma and getting to pick him up from school is the greatest high!
    My Husband, who no matter what always makes me feel good about myself.
    My parents and siblings. Who are funtastic.
    Peanut butter, Taco Mayo, and Cantaloupe.
    Good gas mileage.
    Running. Running farther. Running faster.

Nice list woman! Enjoy hanging with your people.