Trader Joes Tuesday–Pumpkin Butter is Back

Look I’m Woody Howdy howdy howdy!

This morning I woke up at 5am – well before my alarm. Guess I’m somehow still on east coast time? I decided to crawl out of bed and start my day early. After a bit of stalling on twitter (waiting for the sun to come up) – I headed out the door for a tempo run. Tuesdays have been my speed runs of late, but I wanted to do something new today. 5 miles, aimed to keep them around 8:05s.

Since I got them, I do my tempo runs in my Brooks Pure Flow – which I love because they are light and fast. This weekend I did that 15 mile run in Baltimore in them too. I wasn’t planning on running long so I didn’t pack more stable shoes. They worked, but I could feel my knees get a little stiff towards the end. I think 15 miles might be the distance limit I can do in these.IMG 7886 600x800 2 thumb Trader Joes Tuesday–Pumpkin Butter is Back

Trader Joes Tuesday!

Yesterday I hit up TJ’s for broccoli slaw and spotted a new find and an old favorite. Pumpkin Butter is back and they have Pumpkin Soup!IMG 7890 800x600 thumb Trader Joes Tuesday–Pumpkin Butter is Back

I haven’t tried the soup yet but I know I’ll get a ton of questions about the stats, so here they are:IMG 7891 800x600 thumb Trader Joes Tuesday–Pumpkin Butter is Back

IMG 7892 800x600 thumb Trader Joes Tuesday–Pumpkin Butter is Back

When I was checking out the TJ’s guy told me he waits until closer to October to buy pumpkin stuff. But, I love it and at least the soup is relatively healthy – why wait?

Question: Do you wait to buy holiday or seasonal foods?

pin it button Trader Joes Tuesday–Pumpkin Butter is Back

Comments

Crazy enough, I have 2 jars of the pumpkin butter in my pantry already. I may or may not have been stalking my local TJ’s. Methinks I am there too often.

I definitely do not wait until October to buy pumpkin flavored stuff. I’ve already purchased; pumpkin ice cream, candy corn, pumpkin candles, made chocolate chip pumpkin banana bread, and I already bought a pumpkin and yellow mums for the front patio!

I love Fall…and all things pumpkin apparently! :)

3. Suzanne says

This year I’m kinda pushing back against the pumpkin obsession everyone seems to have. I love beer, and I enjoy pumpkin beer, but unless it’s on specific one (Dogfishead Punkin’) I am not clamouring for it. Nor am I clamouring for a pumpkin spice latte or coffee or soup. It’s only just this week gotten chilly at night and in the 70s as a high (Philly area).
    I think it’s my silent little stand against all that is trendy. See also: I just purchased my first pair of skinny jeans and might take them back already.

Also, for some reason the thought of eating squash or pumpkin kinda makes me want to hurl. I do it, but all the while I am pushing back against the, “this is gross” feeling that I cannot explain!

I agree, while I LOVE Starbucks pumpkin spice latte’s it’s still to warm to justify the not so healthy treat, when it hits -15 I’ll be all over it though!

I bought pumpkin butter for the first time a couple of weeks ago – yum! You have to buy that seasonal stuff when you see it otherwise it’s gone. Like right now I can’t find pumpkin spice k-cups! They’re gone!!

I love Toy Story!! I can picture that scene in my head (where else?) right now!

I’m sad the TJ’s soup is so salty. I really like their low-sodium butternut one and would be happy to have a pumpkin one, too. Oh well.

I refuse to acknowledge seasons that do not begin with “s,” so I do not want to buy any seasonal items. I saw Xmas stuff at Bed, Bath, & Beyond. Depressing.

6. Kate says

I make my own pumpkin soup using canned pumpkin (me lazy), veg broth, almond milk and spices and I sweeten it up with—shhhhh—–some splenda (don’t yell at me) and it is so yummy and so low in calories that I can make a total pig of myself.

7. Robin says

Can you let us know how the pumpkin soup is? I’m in my third trimester and somehow (GASP) have a pumpkin aversion, which is just weird because I usually eat it year-round. However, baby is coming during the fall and after that I expect to be back to my usual self, and I’d love to know if it’s worth the purchase.

8. Kate says

Pumpkin Soup Recipe (Delicious!!!)

2 cups chopped onion

1.) Sauté veggies in butter till translucent
    2.) remove from heat and blend spices & pumpkin
    3.) gradually add stock and simmer covered for 30 min
    4.) purée in blender until smooth
    5.) enjoy!

9. Karoline says

Oh gosh!! I can’t even WAIT to try the pumpkin butter. We’re heading down across the border this weekend and TJ’s is our first stop. Woop woop!

Hot damn!! I’m heading there this afternoon to pick up my pumpkin butter!!! Can’t wait!! I usually stock up when I’m there on the seasonal stuff like puree pumpkin but I’ve never had pumpkin butter…sounds like heaven. A piece of heaven I am going to add to my cart!!

11. Suzanne says

Never too early for pumpkin! I also have (and use) canned pumpkin all year round! I’ve been trying pumpkin pie smoothies lately. I am a huge pumpkin fan but lately have been craving apple pie smoothies more. Both are delish!

12. Nicole says

Hmmm – I wonder what a good protein would be to make with the Pumpkin Soup (just to add some protein with the soup)? Turkey seems too obvious…. What would you suggest?