23 Runs Until the NY Marathon

Happy Thursday! I woke up this morning not super excited about my run. I stayed up a little too late last night and wasn’t feeling it. I was thisclose to talking myself into a short run when I reminded myself that I just said last night that the New York City Marathon  is only 38 days away. Aaaaand, given rest days and such that means I only have about 23 more runs!

So, I did my 8 miler and even though it was slow I’m glad I pushed though. These are called character building runs, right?

IMG 7934 800x600 thumb 23 Runs Until the NY Marathon

Speaking of character, my Garmin has a lot of character. And I need a new one. IMG 7935 800x600 thumb 23 Runs Until the NY Marathon

When I got back I chomped some blueberries while cooking up eggs – one over easy and some egg whites for extra protein. Plus an english muffin half laughing cow, half butter and sugar, cinnamon.IMG 7938 800x600 thumb 23 Runs Until the NY Marathon

I shared this on Instagram ( @RunEatRepeat ) but thought I’d share it here…

While I was away at Fitbloggin this weekend Ben bought a tragic rocking chair from the Goodwill. It’s the worst, but Ben loves it and I guess Vegas does too. I’m out voted.

IMG 7933 800x600 thumb 23 Runs Until the NY Marathon

image thumb39 23 Runs Until the NY Marathon

Question: What color should I paint the chair?

pin it button 23 Runs Until the NY Marathon

Comments

I think the chair would look nice painted white. Also, what kind of strap do you have on your Garmin? The plastic one that comes on it is horrible!

2. sally says

I’d have to agree with some shade of white. If it’s in a room with creams and off whites then stick with that.

I hear you on the NYCM freakout!!! I can’t believe it’s just 38 days away!
    I was supposed to do 8 before work today but my hamstring is not feeling well after my 18 miler on Sunday. So I’m skipping it (along with tuesday’s run). It’s freaking me out but i want to get through the last 2 weeks strong before the taper….Congrats on the character building run.

3. Dynamics says

Paint…NOOOOOOO, Get some furniture oil and shine it right up. That chair is SOLID OAK baby!! It does not even need a chair pad it is so comfortable.

I think the chair looks nice! I have vague memories of sitting on my mom’s lap as a little kid while she would rock me in her blue rocking chair. Strange. Maybe that’s why I feel warmly about it?

Great job on running your 8 miles!!! I love the feeling I have when I finish a run or workout that I didn’t want to do in the first place. Character building is right!!

Keep up the great work!

6. Rebecca says

I have an 8 miler coming up this evening after work. It’s my long run for my half marathon training. I’m not particularly enthused but your post has helped with my will to get it done :-)

I love that way of counting down to a race! More fun than how many weeks/days are left. I would paint the rocking chair some outrageous bright color and voilà! It will become very chic ;) Like bright yellow or bright turquoise, then put a fun pattern pillow on it.

8. Suzanne says

I thought my Garmin was tragic looking but yours takes the cake! My strap recently broke though and I want to get one of those velcro/cloth dealies. Where did you score that? I looked on the Garmin website and didn’t find it so I’m guessing it is some sort of bootlegged strap?

I really feel like you are going to ROCK NYC! I am super excited to see how it goes! You have been putting in a lot of effort – loved your back to back long runs… I can’t wait to see how this great training works out!

Yikes only 38 more days, seriously? I haven’t even done a 20 miler yet. My training plan is perhaps a bit too fluid this marathon season, I better get it together! Thanks for the reminder. And my Garmin just died too. I have a race on Saturday and am freaking out just a bit. I wasn’t ready to go buy a new Garmin right now!