Long Beach Marathon PR 2012

So, kinda I left you in suspense after the Long Beach Marathon Expo. I say “kinda” because part of me wasn’t sure I was going to do the full until the half/full split and I go the full route! I did the Full Monty Marathon and am glad to be done.

I’ll do a full recap later, but here is my day in a nutshell:IMG 8157 800x600 thumb Long Beach Marathon PR 2012

IMG 8170 800x600 thumb Long Beach Marathon PR 2012

IMG 8171 800x600 thumb Long Beach Marathon PR 2012

IMG 8178 800x600 thumb Long Beach Marathon PR 2012

IMG 8180 800x600 thumb Long Beach Marathon PR 2012

IMG 8181 800x600 thumb Long Beach Marathon PR 2012

IMG 8182 600x800 thumb Long Beach Marathon PR 2012

New Marathon PR – 3:55:07 (unofficial)IMG 8194 800x600 thumb Long Beach Marathon PR 2012

Post run ice bath in the pool wlEmoticon smile4 Long Beach Marathon PR 2012IMG 8197 800x600 thumb Long Beach Marathon PR 2012

I PR-ed!!! I am a glass case of emotion, but mostly I’m tired.

So, I’m enjoyed a BBQ with the fam and will recap later.

Comments

1. Maria says

Way to go! Congrats! That is so awesome, you are such an inspiration! I have my first 1/2 in a week and I am trying not to freak myself out.

Way to go! I thought that you were going to do the half! Congrats on a PR! You are totally rocking this training session!!!! Can’t wait to hear all about this race and then NY!!!

3. brittany says

Way to go! Love that you decided on the full last min and still pulled off a pr. It probably took some of the pressure off. Cant wait to hear more abt your race.

4. Leslie says

Wow! Very impressed with you. You went out there and proved to yourself that you’re bad ass! Now I’m thinking maybe I might want to do something that scares me. I might be bad ass too and just don’t know it yet. Thanks for making me think it could be possible.

5. J says

Congrats! I saw you today (I ran the half)! I was going to say hi, but (1) I didn’t want to yell at you across a few ppl and (2) you looking like you were on a mission to get to the porta potty line ;) I’m so glad to hear you PR’d. This was only my second race, and I was a little disappointed. Don’t know how you managed the full. Congrats again!!!!

Ha! I really was on a mission for the porta potty line. I saw my friends Sheila and Sarah and was like, “I’ve got to pee, can’t talk!!!”
      Bummed we didn’t meet though – next time!

6. Ashley c says

Holy sh**!!! 3:55, sooo happy for you. I know how much that means to you and you deserve it. Btw how awrsome are you that you decided to crank out a full marathon last minute. You are my idol

Congrats, Monica!!! Love your ice bath. :)

You are such an inspiration to run – seeing your post about your PR is giving me an itch to start running long distances (never done that before)!

Congrats dear! My friend ran it too, and she said she felt like JELLO afterwards. SO I went out and got her some Jell-O only to find that she meant her BODY felt like jello…hahaha. Fail…

I think this last minute “not ready” race proves that much of the marathon is mental for you. Your body can rock out a quick time if you don’t give yourself time to think your way out of it. I can so relate to this. I am so happy for you. What an amazing feeling!!!!

10. Missy says

Wow! I never comment on your blog but I wanted to say congrats!! I honestly didn’t think you’d do the full. But you DID!! And PR’d!! Color me IMPRESSED and JEALOUS!!