Fun Friday and Pumpkin Oatmeal

Happy Friday! This week kinda flew by for me because I was a.) busy and b.) floating along on a cloud of happiness wlEmoticon smile8 Fun Friday and Pumpkin Oatmeal

Last night I watched the VP debate and Jersey Shore. So I’m hoping they canceled each other out and my IQ and self respect stay about the same. wouldnt that just be a perfect world Fun Friday and Pumpkin Oatmeal

I felt munchy all day yesterday and kept grabbing handfuls of trail mix. Finally, I made a hearty pumpkin yogurt afternoon snack. This helped slow my roll in the kitchen. IMG 8298 600x800 thumb Fun Friday and Pumpkin Oatmeal

My IT band is still super tight so I opted to take a walk this morning and am going to spend some time stretching in a bit. I want to do another round of Jillian’s 30 Day Shred but didn’t have time. I’m starting a new project at work and needed to get on it early!!image thumb15 Fun Friday and Pumpkin Oatmeal

Breakfast was my new phase favorite – pumpkin oatmeal (or oat bran) topped with nut butters and eggs.IMG 8311 800x533 thumb Fun Friday and Pumpkin Oatmeal

In the pumpkin oats:

Mix: 1/3c oatmeal OR oat bran AND 3/4c water in a mico-safe bowl

Microwave for 1 minute. Stir. If it’s still soupy microwave another 30 seconds.

Add: 1/4c pumpkin, pp spice, salt, sweetener of your choice, chia seeds

Microwave for another minute or so until thick.

Top with nut butter and pumpkin butter if it’s Friday wlEmoticon winkingsmile Fun Friday and Pumpkin Oatmeal

IMG 8312 800x533 thumb Fun Friday and Pumpkin Oatmeal

Reader Jordan, saw this on Facebook and passed it along. True, very true. watermelon from heaven thumb Fun Friday and Pumpkin Oatmeal

Winner of the Ragnar Swagnar Giveaway is:

image thumb16 Fun Friday and Pumpkin Oatmeal

And now I’m passing the Ragnar Swagnar baton to http://lifeisbeachykeen.com/

What are your plans for the weekend?!

I’m running tomorrow and then spending the day with my little brother wlEmoticon smile8 Fun Friday and Pumpkin Oatmeal

Comments

Love that combo of pumpkin & greek yogurt! I need to start putting faces on my food, maybe it would make me eat it slower rather than shoving it in my piehole! Vacationing with the fam in CO this weekend, it’s supposed to snow tomorrow, yikes!

Your nut butter on the oatmeal resembles a flat chocolate frog or lizard or something…thought for a sec you were really trying something new to eat. ;-)

3. kate says

I was at Trader Joe’s today and it was a freakin’ pumpkin explosion!
    They have pumpkin e v e r y t h i n g this year.
    It’s a little much, really.
    I had 3 little cups of sample coffee and I am jacked up. Serves me right for being a freebie piggie.
    Happy Friday!

4. Katie says

I watched the debate too. and I kinda wish I had not. I had nightmares about Joe Biden’s crazy smile and laughing like a mental patient all night. jeeeez that man is something else. Note to Joe: just because you’re louder and interrupting doesnt make you right!

anyhoo! Congrats on your marathon btw. You are amazing!! I would love to be able to run that pace for that distance. Not any time soon though!! But you inspire me to keep at it. have a great weekend!!

5. Deb says

I have kids (sorry to say the peeing part is true), I recently set a new PR, my toes have been black … oh, the things we could talk about over a glass of wine…… Not a pumpking person – but L.O.V.E. watermelon.
    :-)

6. Suzanne says

Lots to do this weekend. Running tomorrow AM, hanging with friends, then a Halloween party. Sunday-a baptism and party afterward.

Started this morning with a short hilly run (ok, it’s double hills) and then a sweat-fest vinyasa yoga. Lunch now and it’s raining outside…so I guess I’ll laze around the house for the rest of the day.