Peppino’s Italian Food

Helloooo! I have been like a caged animal all week and really wanted to go out to dinner last night. Luckily (?) Ben worked a little late so I had time to actually slap on some makeup and change out of my yoga pants. It was nice wlEmoticon smile9 Peppino’s Italian Food

I NEVER want to go out to eat Italian food unless I specifically want pizza. Not.A.Fan. I’ve heard that SoCal doesn’t really have any good Italian restaurants so that could be a big part of it.

In the past when I have went out for Italian I just leave the restaurant feeling unsatisfied and regretful (just like when I used to visit my ex). Kidding.

Buuuut, I was not feeling our usual spots for Thai or Sushi. I kinda did want Italian last night?! Truth be told, I think it’s my subconscious trying to support the wheat industry. Ha.

Anyways, we went to Peppino’s and it was hopping!IMG 8321 800x600 thumb Peppino’s Italian Food

Warm bread and focaccia to start. Don’t mind if I do…IMG 8309 800x600 thumb Peppino’s Italian Food

I ordered a sparkling wine because I love it.IMG 8311 600x800 thumb Peppino’s Italian Food

I ordered the Roasted Salmon Primavera. I wasn’t a fan of the clams. Sorry Ben. They were a little sandy and fishy?IMG 8313 800x600 thumb Peppino’s Italian Food

I took an after picture, not sure why. We’ll blame the sparkles.IMG 8317 800x600 thumb Peppino’s Italian Food

After dinner I finally did my Victory Lap for the marathon – Yogurtland!IMG 8322 800x600 thumb Peppino’s Italian Food

Run: This morning I ran from 8:06am to 9:44am. I have no idea the distance or pace because my Garmin is dead and the watch SR lent me needed to be charged.

When I got back Ben made me breakfast. Awwww.image thumb17 Peppino’s Italian Food

And now I’m blogging in the car on the way to hang out with my little bro. It’s about lunch time so Ben drove through his fave place near my family’s house for a hamburger. I guess he was super hungry because he ordered fries and onion rings for everyone to share. I love onions rings, so I’m enjoying a few.image thumb18 Peppino’s Italian Food

Tomorrow I am headed to Virginia for a tour of the Sabra factory!!! Exciting!

Question: What’s your victory lap?

pin it button Peppino’s Italian Food

Comments

1. Candice says

My 2 favorite restaurants from when I lived in South Orange County are Romeo Cuccina In Laguna Niguel off of Crown Valley and Greenfield and Thai Bros in Laguna Beach. Yum! I might have to make the drive down there soon!!!

2. Summer says

So glad I’m not the only SoCal-we that has zero interest in Italian. Pizza doesn’t count though… Git in mah belly

3. sasha says

oh girl, you need to try la parolaccia in long beach. not only does the name translate to “the bad word”, but their food is so delicious. filling, but not heavy like much of socal’s italian food. and i’m italian, so this recommendation is golden.

4. Steph says

Tutto Fresco in Rancho Santa Margarita has amazing Italian food and very reasonable prices. Plus, everything is homemade and very fresh tasting. I grew up in South County and it’s my favorite restaurant in the OC. I highly recommend it :)

Champagne and pizza = victory celebration! YUM! My husband and I discovered a fantastic Italian place in portland – if you’re ever up here I’ll let you know where!

I always, always say this about eating Italian out! Sometimes I feel like I’m just getting sauce on a carby noodle, which I could totally make at home but it could be that I’m also not exposed to great Italian restaurants. Those onion rings look delish!

First of all, SoCal Italian food sucks. Sorry, this Chicago girl got spoiled growing up. Secondly, victory lap is usually a new piece of training clothing/running gear :)

I’d have to agree on the lack of good Italian food in the OC too. The one place that I am fond of is in San Clemente though, is Sonny’s Pizza & Pasta. The tortellini with alfredo is delish.

Chinese pastry – it’s a bit of a puff with black sesame seed filling (oh don’t worry, it’s all mashed up, grind-ed and baked).