Pumpkin Kisses

We landed at LAX before 10:30am and the sunshine was ready and waiting to greet us! I was over 90 degrees today. After spending the last few days all wrapped up in layers and a coat it was nice to thaw out wlEmoticon smile1 Pumpkin Kisses

My dad picked us up from the airport and we stopped for food on the way to my parents. I got a taco salad with chicken.IMG 9013 800x600 thumb Pumpkin Kisses

Then, we walked the dogs. Carino! IMG 9018 800x600 thumb Pumpkin Kisses

On the way home Ben and I stopped at Costco since our fridge is bare.

Speaking of our fridge, I bought two new magnets in NYC. I’m very into inspiration quotes and this one really spoke to me since 2012 is all about trying to be fearless (and should really aim to be more gentle too)…IMG 9028 800x600 thumb Pumpkin Kisses

The highlight of dinner was this Asian Fusion Hummus Sabra sent me after I raved about it during my visit to the Sabra factory. I know my local stores don’t carry it, but if you can get your hands on it give it a whirl.IMG 9029 600x800 thumb Pumpkin Kisses

Ben insisted on buying these the other day even though I told him they were more like white chocolate then ‘real chocolate’. I could have sworn I tried them last year and was disappointed. IMG 9032 800x600 thumb Pumpkin Kisses

Luckily (?) my expectations set the bar so low they weren’t that bad. I’d prefer dark chocolate but these are pleasant. I really want to make those Hershey’s Kisses cookies with them now!IMG 9033 800x600 thumb Pumpkin Kisses

A few days ago I thought I would be taking this week at a Rest Week from running, but now I have to make a plan of action. I’m going to sleep on it and decide if / how / where I’m running tomorrow morning and the rest of this week.

im gonna vote for mccain cause hes a white dude Pumpkin Kisses

Election Day is tomorrow! civics or basic math Pumpkin Kisses

Question: Did you vote early? When are you going?

This is my first time voting in this county so I have a new polling place. I think I’ll run by it in the morning to see if it looks packed.

Comments

I voted as soon as early voting started! It was awesome to get it out of the way-no line, tons of free candy, and volunteers who haven’t been doing it long enough to get pissed off yet! I don’t envy those who have to wait in line tomorrow…

2. dynamics says

I voted by mail. Well I handed it to my mom to mail. We differ on a few topics and she was upset I had a sign in my yard.

3. Nicole says

I’m either lazy or a good plan-ahead kinda gal. I do the absentee ballot deal. I voted a week ago. (I prefer to consider myself the latter, by the way.)

I’m a massive fan of inspiring quotes, books etc. That’s a wonderful one up there!
    Do you think since you’ve trained, you’ll be looking to find/run a marathon around your area in the near future?

Hope you have a relaxing day at home after the travels!

5. Leah R. says

I voted last Thursday! So curious what your politics are… don’t you have the desire to divulge? I wouldn’t be able to keep my mouth shut.

It’s very tempting to talk about politics on RER, but I would hate to alienate my readers just because we have different views. I think it’s somewhat obvious where I would stand on many hot topics given my gender, race and location ;)

• Leah says

Yay, that’s what I was assuming/hoping!!! I just thought your politics might be different because of your blogger friend who seems to have very different political beliefs, but friends don’t have to agree on everything!

I voted this morning and it was crazy – they sent me to the wrong polling place, it didn’t even exist, but then luckily another poling place said I could vote there. No wonder there’s so many issues with voting :(

I love white chocolate kisses, they would be delish in cookies!

7. Jen says

I voted by absentee ballot about 3 weeks ago. I did run by a polling place this morning and saw people lined up to vote.

I voted about 2 weeks ago and I’m so glad I did. I keep hearing horror stories about how long the lines are…yay me ;) Good luck voting! I made those delicious Hershey Kiss blossom cookies a few weeks ago and oh man were they wonderful.

What do you use to dip with the Asian fusion hummus??? I spent most of the summer in Israel for work and that is all they ate there for appetizers with meals and i am now obsessed but I hate always eating it with carb type dippers. Any suggestions?

10. Laura says

I find that some people don’t know this which is why I’m sharing – so sorry if this is obnoxious – I noticed you called the dog Carino, and I can only assume you meant cariño. The ñ is pressing Alt+164 on the number pad. I’m a fan of the squiggly line.

11. Elizabeth says

I love chicken salads and I love it more with avocado! I always have shredded chicken on hand, I usually smash an avocado and mix it in with my shredded chicken add a little bit of salt and pepper. Pile mixture onto a tostada with lettuce, tomatoes, and salsa yum!

I left work at 2:00 yesterday, thinking I would “beat the rush,” to vote… No such luck! We arrived at our polling place at 2:25 PM and left at 6:00 PM! It was horrible. I’m glad I stayed, but man, I picked the wrong shoes yesterday! Two inch knee height boots – never again! Glad 11/6 is over!