Sweat Pretty and POTM Ups the Ante

Good Morning! After a 90 degree day yesterday I woke up to a rainy morning?! Luckily I have a ton of cold weather gear I’ve been needing to test from different companies so I welcomed the chill with open, fleece covered arms wlEmoticon smile3 Sweat Pretty and POTM Ups the Ante

Puma recently sent me some workout gear from their Puma Sweat Pretty line. This fleece is super comfy and cute with a thick pink stripe up the side. IMG 9042 600x800 thumb Sweat Pretty and POTM Ups the Ante

I like that the hood zips up high and stays on my HUGE head.IMG 9044 800x600 thumb Sweat Pretty and POTM Ups the Ante

They also sent me these matching running shoes. Since it’s raining today I decided to wear them inside for my Jillian 6 Week Six Pack workout so I wouldn’t get them trashed on Day 1.IMG 9046 600x800 thumb Sweat Pretty and POTM Ups the Ante

One lucky Pile on the Miles Participant will win the fleece, shoes plus a top and pair of shorts!puma sweat pretty thumb Sweat Pretty and POTM Ups the Ante

Pile on the Miles Week 2 winner of the Honey Stinger prize pack is:

image thumb7 Sweat Pretty and POTM Ups the Ante

Speaking of Pile on the Miles, I’m going to up the ante of the challenge…pile on the miles 2012 thumb2 Sweat Pretty and POTM Ups the Ante

Pile on the Miles Canned Food Drive

Right now there are about 895 people signed up for POTM (!!). I am pledging to donate 1 can of food to my local food pantry for every 10 participants that record their mileage every week. It doesn’t matter if you hit your goal or not, just make sure to stay accountable and fill it out and I’ll donate!

This is completely optional, but if you want to join in – I’m challenging you to donate a can of food for every mile of your goal you don’t do! <- incentive  not to fall too far behind!

Go to Feeding America to find out about your local food bank.

(If you forgot to record your mileage for last week go to the spreadsheet today to update it! I won’t check it until tomorrow – so add it now!)

Let’s shoot for everyone to update the spreadsheet!!! Go go go!

Question: Thanksgiving is 2 weeks away from today! What food are you most looking forward to?

pin it button Sweat Pretty and POTM Ups the Ante

Comments

1. Lisa says

I thought fleece wasn’t good for wicking away sweat? Did I hear wrong? I love the look of that hoodie though, fashionable gear makes me feel more into my workout LOL :D

I like to wear a wicking base layer with fleece over it for really cold days. The base layer takes the sweat away from your skin and the fleece absorbs it and keeps it off your skin. Minnesota winter layering, right there!

Great plan Monica! :)
    I’m looking forward to my FIRST EVER thanksgiving. No idea what food i’ll be eating, we’ve booked into a restaurant in NYC, but hopefully turkey and other thanksgiving-y stuff. YAY!

Sadly, nothing really. We are traveling and won’t get there until late on Thurs. The last thing I want after flying across the country is a big, heavy meal. So I will cook a mini-thanksgiving when we get back. For that, I look forward to stuffing. And green bean casserole.

The Kidless Kronicles

4. Scallywag says

Hi,

I had to pull out of pile on the miles so Ive deleted the line in the google doc, good luck to all who participate!

Ever since I became a vegetarian a few years ago, going home for the holiday meals haven’t been the same. However, there are still some of my favorites I can still enjoy – mashed potatoes, broccoli casserole, fruit salad, homemade cheese bread! My goodness, I think I gained 10 pounds thinking about it all! :-)

I will donate one can of food for every mile I DO run – which will give me incentive to run more miles because I will be able to donate more food. And canned food is so cheap.

That is a really cute hoodie! I know what you mean about waking up to the cold, I must be in a similar geographic area to you. I drove to Walmart this morning and had to drive through rain. I’ve lived here for a month and a half and its rained twice! Im most looking forward to stuffing and pumpkin pie this Thanksgiving. This year will be the easiest for me to not binge since I have to make all the food, just enough for the 3 of us!

8. Chelsey says

My mother makes this absurd(ly Midwestern) version of Green Bean Casserole that incorporates about a 1/2 lb of swiss cheese and of course, those fried onions. I believe I joined the Pile on the Miles Challenge merely to offset those beans. And the cream cheese mashed potatoes. And the four versions of pie. …

Maybe I need a higher mileage goal.

I’m not a fan of turkey so that’s definitely not what I’m looking forward to. I LOVE creamed onions and eat them until I’m stuffed on Thanksgiving. YUM!

I love the donating food idea – what a great way to help out! I’ve been actually updating my miles daily!

I am looking forward to mashed pototoes, stuffing, cranberry sauce, pumkpin roll, cookies…pretty much everything!!

11. Rohan says

I just want to say thank you for doing the food donations! I work at a Feeding America food bank in Kentucky and I know first hand that there are lots of people who need it. Great idea! I may just have to join POTM just so you’ll donate more :)

12. Ashley says

My husband’s family is Italian-American, and their holiday tradition is to make and eat homemade ravioli. They are sooooo good.

Haha, it makes me giggle everytime you say you are still running in 90 degree weather. Here in Saskatoon, SK (Canada) I’ve been running in 16-40ish weather the past few weeks!!! Snow came early this year! Its everywhere!!! I think its time for me to move to cali!!!!!

I have a PUMA pullover hoodie (that is sweat wicking) that I love!

I am looking forward to mashed potatoes and gravy! I usually don’t even eat the turkey on Thanksgiving. I wait until the next morning and have it on toast… but mashed potatoes? I’m all over that on Thanksgiving night. :)

The can food drive is such a great idea!

I am most looking forward to mashed potatoes, I have given up wheat and starchy veggies to lose weight but on Thanksgiving I can eat whatever I want!

OMG WTF! Excuse my internet abbreviation potty-mouth! I FRIGGIN’ WON SOMETHING! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Re: Thanksgiving. All I need to live is stuffing (or dressing for your weirdos). My job had it’s annual Thanksgiving lunch today. There was a tofu cake that was actually pretty delicious. It was all sage-y and good.

I’m looking forward to mashed potatoes and stuffing. I’m cooking this year so I’m pretty anxious about the whole holiday in general (which also happens to be my birthday… lovely). This is the first year I’m a vegetarian, so I’m getting a little sad about no turkey (I am still cooking one, though; can’t have people over with one).

18. Ashley F says

Love the fleece! Definitely looking forward to mashed potatoes. I know everyone in the blog world will hate me, but I’m not really into pumpkin, so I’m hoping there will be other desserts (preferably chocolate)!

19. Jennifer Shaw says

Stuffing and gravy! Are we supposed to email you our completed miles or put them on the chart ourselves? Last week I put them on myself, hope that was ok.

20. Jodi says

I really love corn casserole and sweet potato casserole, but since I’m the only one who will eat the sweet potatoes and the kids are too young to eat much of anything, we are scaling way back this year on it all.

I just ran 5 miles in 50 min and it was painful. Darn hamstring! Icing it now and hoping it goes away. It did feel better at the end then it did at the start because it was nice and stretched out by then.

21. Susan says

We aren’t doing a family Thanksgiving this year since my husband and I leave for Aruba the following Tuesday and I didn’t want a bunch of leftover food in my house while we were gone. I’ll still fix a small meal for me and him. I’m looking forward to Cranberry Celebration. It’s a cranberry salad that is sold in our Kroger deli and I LOVE it. And piece of pumpkin pie with some whipped topping will be pretty good too!

Mmmmmm…Thanksgiving! I love so many turkey day dishes but my favorites are my mom’s pumpkin nut bread and jellied cranberry squares (it’s a raspberry jello and cranberry sauce mold cut into squares). She makes it with sugar free jello and it’s sooo good!

I love that you are donating food, I always try to bring some to our local Thanksgiving 5K to donate, but might have to make a fun challenge for myself to figure out how much :)

Looking forward to pumpkin pie!