Flapjack Friday Flashback

Remember when I would eat Flapjack or French Toast every Friday?IMG 8938 800x533 thumb Flapjack Friday Flashback

Not sure why I stopped that, but after reading about four different protein pancake recipes in Oxygen recently I’ve been craving ‘em!IMG 8944 800x533 thumb Flapjack Friday Flashback

Before we get to this morning I want to share that I was sipping on an adult beverage right around 8pm last night. I’m not counting this as night time eating as long as it doesn’t become a habit. Noted.20121108 200240 thumb Flapjack Friday Flashback

I woke up early again (which I kinda love) and was pretty hungry. So, I chomped half a banana and some iced coffee before my easy 2.5 mile run. I’m taking it easy today wlEmoticon smile4 Flapjack Friday Flashback

When I got back it was Pumpkin Protein Pancake time!IMG 8932 800x533 thumb Flapjack Friday Flashback

Ingredients: 1/3c egg whites, 1/4c pumpkin, 2 Tb. oat bran, dash: salt, chia seeds, packet stevia, pp spice

Tip: Don’t flip protein pancakes until they are pretty set

I topped it with A LOT of almond butter and the rest of the banana from earlier. (I didn’t follow a recipe from the magazine as I never follow recipes.)IMG 8935 800x533 thumb Flapjack Friday Flashback

But, it was missing something…

Syrup!

Unfortunately, I don’t have any syrup wlEmoticon sadsmile2 Flapjack Friday Flashback

Luckily, I found this Agave packet in my cupboard. I think I got it at Blogher Food?IMG 8942 800x533 thumb Flapjack Friday Flashback

Added bonus: Agave is thought to be sweeter than sugar, but have less of an affect on your blood sugar! I’m trying to eat cleaner, but not swearing off sugar in every form. I think this is a happy medium wlEmoticon smile4 Flapjack Friday Flashback

Flashback Friday: One year ago this weekend I went to my friend Susan’s wedding and then ran the Mission Inn Half Marathon! <- That post has a wedding and a race, so it’s extra fun.

Happy Anniversary Rondell and Susan!wedding at union station thumb Flapjack Friday Flashback

The Fitnessista is hosting a Blogger Bake Sale and proceeds go to Hurricane Sandy Relief Efforts! My Pumpkin Whoopie Pies are up for sale – go check it out. pumpkin cookies thumb1 Flapjack Friday Flashback

*And if you are local I’ll tie them to Vegas’ back and have him personally deliver them!IMG 8947 800x533 thumb Flapjack Friday Flashback

(*Note – this is only if he agrees to it and he’s not very agreeable…)

Question: What are you doing this weekend?

I’m running a race!!! Ah! I feel like I’m going to regret this in the morning, but I impulsively signed up for a marathon tomorrow. More on that later…

pin it button Flapjack Friday Flashback

Comments

1. Robin says

I bid on your whoopie pies because a) the cause is great, b) I love anything whoopie, c) I’m 38 weeks pregnant, and d) your blog always brings a smile to my face. I’m in Santa Monica so I don’t think you’d be driving up my way if I won!

LOL! Glad to know I’m not the only one who impulsively signs up for races. This is my first Fall weekend without a race and it’s kind of nice! I’m a HUGE fan of protein pancakes and you know what also works really well for syrup that is nice and clean and low glycemic? Coconut sap! It’s the bomb!

3. Nicole says

Good luck at your race tomorrow! Which one is it?

My daughter turns 9 tomorrow and Sunday she’s running her first race!!! It’s the 1K at the Mission Inn Run! :) Our whole family is going to cheer her on and I’m so excited and proud!!

4. Meghan says

Vegas is a cutie pie! I’m trying to decide whether or not to run 5 miles tomorrow and you went ahead and signed up for a marathon. Now I think I must go and run the 5 miles :) Suck it up because I’ll be much happier with myself later.

I am running my first half marathon on Sunday: Rock n’ Roll San Antonio.

Good luck on your impulse marathon! I am sure you will have a great time!

I’m “running” a race too! Hahahahahaha! I haven’t been running at all lately but am doing a 5k at UCLA for the kick of rivalry week with USC. I’m sure I’ll walk a lot, but two of my sibblings are doing it so it’ll be fun.

My marathon is in 2 days, in fact I’ll be done with it in 48 hours time. Eieieieeee! Oh, for the days I can impulsively marathon (I can impulsively half marathon, but beyond 20 miles is new territory for me). Good luck! :)

Tonight the running club I am in is doing a potluck at my house, tomorrow I have to catch up on some work and running. Have fun tomorrow at your race! :) Vegas is such a cutie! He needs major ear noms!

9. Jennifer Shaw says

My husband is gone for a golf weekend and I’m here alone with my 3 boys. So, we’ll do a 4 mile run (they ride their bikes) and have a movie night complete with popcorn, the good kind from the stove! Yum!

Good luck with the race! Just enjoy it and you will rock it! I heart Santa Barbara! I have a long run planned for Sunday and it will be perfect weather here in NYC – 60 degrees! Went from a snowstorm this week to beautiful spring weather this weekend. Found out I got into the Philadelphia Marathon on the 18th so this will be my NYC Marathon replacement. So excited.

11. Liz says

I was supposed to be going home to visit my family but because of the hurricane two of my midterms were pushed back to this coming Monday…so my trip was cancelled and now I get to spend the entire weekend studying. NO FUN. Also, I’m currently sitting in my PJs, eating pretzels and cream cheese (delicious!), and watching Gilmore Girls on tv. Such a happening Saturday night.