Eat Breakfast Like A King

Good Morning! I woke up feeling fanfreakingtastic wlEmoticon smile2 Eat Breakfast Like A King

I think it was a combination of the amazing Runaroni I carbed up with last night and great sleep I got. Feels so good. (more on the runaroni later!)

Since I felt good I laced up my shoes and hit the road for an 8 mile run. Oddly enough, I felt a lot faster than my Garmin showed? Either I need another rest day or the Garmin needs to be updated. IMG 9720 800x533 thumb Eat Breakfast Like A King

have some Eat Breakfast Like A King

Ever heard the diet advice…

“Eat breakfast like a King,

Lunch like a Prince,

Dinner like a Pauper”

Well, I definitely feel like I’ve been eating breakfast like a king lately!

Today I had pumpkin oatmeal in a sunflower seed butter jar (boo. there was barely any left) and egg whites with ketcup and Cholula. IMG 9724 800x533 thumb Eat Breakfast Like A King

Question: What is your best or biggest meal of the day?

Comments

My days always seem to be on the go, so sadly dinner ends up being the biggest meal of the day, except for Saturdays. After my long run I usually make some wicked carb happy spread for the fam bam.

More importantly, MaraNatha or SunButter when it comes to sunflower seed butter? I wasn’t a fan of MaraNatha’s almond butter.

I’m a big breakfast and small dinner type gal. It’s always hard to make a big breakfast in the morning though, school schedules need to start later!

I’m not a HUGE fan of breakfast food in general (I know, sad, right?), so I try to make lunch the biggest and then have a smaller breakfast and dinner. I also usually snack from about 4-7 in small chunks, which ends up being a small meal’s worth.

4. Sarah says

Ideally I’d eat a big breakfast, medium lunch and a lighter (but still voluminous and filling!) dinner… But there’s this guy at my house, sometimes he calls himself my husband… he likes big heavy dinners with meats and carbs and desserts.

I try to always serve myself a big salad as well so I can fill up on the lighter, fiber-y foods and just have a little of the meaty/carby stuff.

Definitely breakfast. I met someone at lunch today who actually said he skips breakfast and doesn’t like breakfast foods, and I nearly feel out of my chair for the shock of it. How can you NOT like pancakes, eggs, bacon, potatoes, cinnamon rolls, etc.?! :P

Dinner is my main meal. I usually have a light breakfast of coffee and oatmeal or PB on toast. I like to eat a lighter lunch, and snack mid-morning/afternoon if I get hungry. Dinner is usually my largest meal, but not necessarily most caloric. I usually load up on voluminous foods, like salads and roasted veggies.

7. Susan says

Breakfast is fo sho my biggest meal. Nearly every morning I have oatmeal (quick oats that I make on the stove) & I add a banana and cinnamon to it as well as skim milk. Plus I have one piece of turkey bacon. And then a “shot” of Acai juice. Plus some water and then on my way in to work I stop and get my coffee.

I LOVE BREAKFAST!!!

I’m pretty much a creature of habit and eat 5-6 small meals throughout the day (and more often than not, it always the same foods) Most people consider this very boring but I feel it helps keep me on track.

Breakfast! I love my multi-grain cheerios, coffee, and lots of H2o on weekdays and pancakes/eggs benny on weekends. Unless we go out to eat for a special occasion, then I have to dial back my breaky so I can indulge!

Although breakfast foods are my favorites, my evening meal is always the largest. That’s when I’m home and tend to get snacky. I know I have to save my calories up for the evening. Even if I had big breakfasts, I would still be snacking away in the evening.

Wrong time to be looking at your photo of breakfast, you’ve started cravings!! Sure seems that you had breakfast like a king! Breakfast is definitely my biggest meal of the day, I sometimes even look forward to it the night before!