Disneyland for the Holidays

I made a last minute decision to hit up Disneyland after work today.

It was drizzly all day so I was hoping there wouldn’t be major crowds, and I was right – not too shaby for the holiday season! My main focus was to hit up the Holiday themed rides like Small World and The Haunted Mansion. Done and done.IMG 9948 800x600 thumb Disneyland for the Holidays

There was some choir thing going on right on Main Street though so the Disneyland tree wasn’t lit up. Bummer.IMG 9956 800x600 thumb Disneyland for the Holidays

And since it was such a gloomy day it was COLD COLD COLD! I bundled up, but it was still chilly. IMG 9960 600x800 thumb Disneyland for the Holidays(Note: it was 50 degrees, I’m just a warm weather girl!)

I was able to hit up Cars Land, but only made it on this bumper tire ride. IMG 9963 800x600 thumb Disneyland for the Holidays

I made sure to pass through the Ghirardelli shop for a free piece of chocolate. Score that they’re handing out Peppermint Bark!!! I like it, but not enough to buy a whole bag. This was juuuust right.IMG 9966 800x600 thumb Disneyland for the Holidays

Smaller, less epic tree at California Adventure.IMG 9968 600x800 thumb Disneyland for the Holidays

Chilly weather requires hot cocoa, right?20121218 194432 600x800 thumb Disneyland for the Holidays

Question: When was the last time you went to Disneyland? Last time your drank hot cocoa?

Comments

It’s been too long since I’ve been to a Disneyland. Probably like 10 years?? When my nieces were little. Damn. And I’ve been to every one (Disney World-FL, Disney Paris, Disney Tokyo) except the original! It’s on my bucket list. I figure I’ll take my kids one day- unless I make it to Cali before that.

1-you are too cute! Love everything about your bundled outfit. 2-That tire ride looks like so much fun and 3- I LOVE peppermint bark. My favorite thing ever!

3. jodea @ chillichocolatelove.com says

I went to DisneyWorld Florida in February. I loved it as much as when I was little. Maybe even more! Definitely want to go back.

cutest coat on you ever….

We were in Disney for the first time in March and every picture I see makes me want to go back there again …sooner than later for sure!! Especially at Christmas.

I’ve never been to D-Land but was at D-World about 3 years ago.
    50?! That’s like tank-top and shorts weather in Wisconsin :) We’re supposed to get slammed with a blizzard (!) today.

So much fun and so pretty! Love your hat, too.
    I haven’t been to Disneyland in years (probably 15?), but we were in Disneyworld in 2010, and we’re going to go to Disney in Hong Kong this March! Can’t wait!

I have never been to Disneyland but have been to Disney World about a million times :) I am going in February for the first time in a few years with my nieces. It’s thier first time and I’m not sure who is more excited, me or them!

8. brooke says

not sure if you realize but you put your hand up on your hip too much. Drop the hand in front of the camera you will thank me later

I’ve never been to California but the last time I went to Disney World was on my spring break two years ago. I don’t remember the last time I drank hot chocolate but it was probably at one of my little brother’s hockey games to keep warm. Love free chocolate from Ghirardelli- too many people don’t know about it!

I know this is basically blasphemous on this blog, but I kinda sorta hate Disneyland. The crowds, the expense, the commercialization of everything… yeah. Buuuuuuut I do love hot chocolate, for what it’s worth.

Disneyland? 3 years ago.
    Hot cocoa? Yesterday.
    Our family is going back to Disney next summer and I plan to have hot cocoa again in about 1 hour. ;-)
    You look super cute by the way. So winter festive!

I soooooo wish I could just pop into Disneyland for a short visit. I was born in LA and we went all the time. I get there from Oakland annually but I would tooootally have a season pass if I were in Southern California.

And I would still say “hella” a lot. :)

I am sooooo jealous! I LOVE the land of Disney, we used to go multiple times a year because my in-laws lived there but it has now been over a year since my last visit :( I love the park at Christmas, so fun!!!!

Oh fun!!! We went to Disneyland on Christmas days several years ago and it was tons of fun. Last time I was there was about 1.5 years ago in the summer time when family was visiting from Oregon and Germany. It was fun but man it’s hard to do with a large group of people in the crowded summer. I would love to get passes, especially when my kids get older….lottery ticket needed though ;)

15. Tammi says

took my 20-something year old daughter there last year, early December. It’s just what you need to get into the Christmas spirit! All dressed up so festive! I would totally have annual passes and just stop by to ride small world and the haunted mansion and enjoy a dole-whip!

You look amazing in that red coat outfit! Cheery and bright!

What’s going on with the scarf(?) of the photobomber in the background of your last photo? It looks like a stuffed animal with a furry tail. Is that a new SoCal thing?

17. Angelica says

I will be going during my winter break! Can’t wait to be back home. Last time I was there was in June as a college graduation gift :) It’s become tradition to go every winter break though. Love the decorations. Also, the chocolate abuelita is perfect during a cold night there….with a churro lol.

18. Shannon in Tustin says

That was their Candlelight Service. It’s to be seen for sure. A beautiful service where a celebrity narrator reads the Christmas Story (from the BIBLE–at Disneyland–yes!) and lots of real-Christmas Carols (no Santa). They’ve been doing it since 1956. Go Walt!!

Mmmmm Peppermint Bark!! Ugh I haven’t been to Disneyland since high school and I actually really miss that place! My HS was about 15 minutes away from the park and once a year we would have a fancy mass then the whole school would go to D-Land…probably one of the my fondest memories from going to Catholic School :)

I haven’t been to Disneyland since 1987; I was in California for my besties wedding.

I make hot chocolate frequently at home. And I especially love my “white hot chocolate” version that I make at home. Technically there is no chocolate in it so I’m not 100% sure what its called now but it’s tasty!!!

Oh my, it’s been at least 20 years since i went to Disneyworld! I never did go to Disneyland (too far for us!).
    Hmm last time i had hot cocoa was last week! I want to get some salted caramel hot cocoa from starbucks very soon.

At Disneyland for the half marathon weekend in September…then the husband and I went again in October. We’ll be back in January for the Tinkerbell then to Florida in February for the Princess…doing my Coast to Coast in 2013.

Drank Swiss Miss hot chocolate at home..the dark chocolate version – so good!

Love your super cute outfit…You’re like a pixie!

23. Lauren says

Did you go by yourself to D-Land? In a way that sounds like it might be overwhelming, but maybe really therapeutic! Like taking yourself to a movie!
    Happy Holidays!