Oatmeal Cookies and a 20 Mile Run

Hello! How’s it going?

Last night I was dreaming of Christmas cookies (the bad part about working from home is there are no goodies in the break room!). I decided to randomly throw a batch together and hope it worked. Normally I’m more of a cook not baker, but these came out good!IMG 0008 800x533 thumb Oatmeal Cookies and a 20 Mile Run

PB Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies Recipe

Ingredients:

• 1/2c brown sugar
  • 1/2c sugar
  • 1/2c butter (room temperature)
  • 2.5c quick cook oats
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2c peanut butter
  • 1tsp baking soda
  • dash salt
  • 1 cup chocolate chips (optional, but not really optional)

Preheat oven to 350. Cream butter and sugars until mixed well. Add eggs and peanut butter. Mix. Add oats, baking soda, salt and chocolate chips. Mix through. Drop by spoonful onto baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes or until done. IMG 0009 800x533 thumb Oatmeal Cookies and a 20 Mile Run

This morning I had one before my run (I’m very low on all groceries since I’m leaving tomorrow night) with some coffee. It works.

Then, I ran 20 miles. I’m debating my next race and was using today’s long run to assess where I am right now. Thanks to the popcorn I ate yesterday while watching Ted and last week’s bad run, I want to say it was pretty solid. I need to get back into more formal training if I want to get to where I was in Oct/Nov though. Next race TBD soon.

I wore my fuel belt and took this completely awkward picture of it. You’re welcome. Anyway, I also need to get back to wearing this since I’ve fallen back into using my handheld on the weekends.IMG 0002 2 800x600 thumb Oatmeal Cookies and a 20 Mile Run

Right as I was done my friend called me for the latest gossip. It’s good! Merry Christmas to me. IMG 0007 2 600x800 thumb Oatmeal Cookies and a 20 Mile Run

Post-run rituals…Whole Foods.IMG 0009 2 800x600 thumb Oatmeal Cookies and a 20 Mile Run

Now I’m on a mission to clean the house so I don’t come home to a tragedy.

I’m celebrating Christmas with my family tomorrow since I’ll be in Florida from Christmas through the New Year! I better get to wrapping!

Question: What are you doing this weekend?

I still have to pack and clean. Then, I’m celebrating Christmas with my family tomorrow!

NSFW: Want to hear a completely inappropriate song about Christmas? Click on F U if you don’t like Christmas. Warning: A lot of Bad words. Mediocre Rhymes. But you might get a kick of it if you’re into that sorta thing?

Comments

I am going to try your cookies!

We have a weekend full of family fun. Today we went to my nephew’s high school basketball game to watch him play and my brother coach. Tonight a different nephew is spending the night. I am also baking my daughter’s birthday cake.

Tomorrow is church and then lunch out after. Birthday girl gets to pick where. Later we will go to my aunt’s house for a surprise party and dessert.

And then cleaning the rest of the weekend to prep for family on Christmas Eve.

Yeah, have fun!!! Nice job on your 20, I think it’s safe to say your retirement announcement was BS…it’s hard to stop once you’ve started ; )

KROQ played a great one the other day but I can not remember the name of it. Classic about the dysfunctional family gatherings at Christmas. Anyone know who it was? Pogues?

20 miles….man I need to start running again or I need to move to a state where I can run OUTSIDE in short sleeves and capris year round!!

I dislike MN outside running in Dec./Jan/Feb/ and part of March…that is why I eat. Problems? Yes, maybe…ugh!

Merry Christmas!!!

My husband volunteers with the Big Brother program and we’ve been invited over to his “little’s” house for dinner tomorrow night. He is such a good kid; his Mom is raising him well.

In Chiangmai (Thailand) this weekend and just finished the 10km and 3km fun run of the Chiangmai Marathon this morning. Followed this with a leisurely breakfast and Thai massage. Shopping, walking around town and the Night Market/bazaar later. Life is great!

6. Shannon says

I ran 20 miles today, too! Getting ready for Surf City which will be my first full-mary. I wish I could say I was solid. I was solid for 13 miles, ok for the next 4 and not so groovy the last 3. But I did it.

I just want to finish it without dying. Solid goal, eh?

Merry Christmas!

• Shannon says

PS: curious to where you find 20 miles? I hate the fuel belt (to hippy to handle) so I find places with drinking fountains to refill my hand-held. Today I ran Newport-Huntington & back.

7. Trina says

You know you would lose a stack of weight if you stopped running so many kms? I dropped 4kgs without even trying post marathon

Nah, I’m kinda doubtful of that. I weighed this much before I ran, probably will weigh this much if/when I stop. I do think it’s about what you eat not what you do (amount of running) so that’s the area to address if I’m trying to lose weight.

8. Gillian says

What pace do you run for your long runs/20 miles? I have always read it should be anywhere between 30-90 sec slower than race pace but that is a wide variation and I am trying to figure out how fast/slow I should go. Hoping to break 4:00 on my 3rd marathon attempt!