Pineapples and Penance

Yesterday afternoon I headed to the mall to get a dress for New Year’s Eve. Then, my plans fell through so I quickly scrambled for a Plan B or P, as the case may be.

Someone told me there was a Pineapple Drop in downtown Sarasota so Plan B changed to Plan C for ‘Cheesy NYE option’. It’s about an hour drive away so as soon as we got to downtown we ducked in a bar and I ordered a shot and a drink. IMG 20130101 005851 thumb Pineapples and Penance

Shit just got real. Is what the bartender said when I looked wide eyed and realized they were the same size. Thanks?20121231 233205 800x600 thumb Pineapples and Penance

That did the trick. We mingled in a bar until it was time to watch the pineapple drop. 20121231 235742 800x600 thumb Pineapples and PenanceSee? Just like Times Square, but I wasn’t freezing and there are no celebrities and the music is local bands not Pit Bull. Okay, so not at all like Times Square, but fun. 20121231 235702 800x600 thumb Pineapples and Penance

Then, we headed back into another bar for more drinks and dancing and stuff.

By stuff I mean I won this banana in some game that I don’t really recall. 20130101 012944 600x800 thumb Pineapples and Penance

I don’t know.20130101 012949 600x800 thumb Pineapples and Penance

All I know is there was a 3am drive-through trip to Checkers and less than healthy food consumed. Between that and the drinks, I knew I sinned against all that is healthy.

Being the good Catholic girl that I am, I knew I had to confess (here on RER) and complete my penance.

So, even though I didn’t feel great I got up and ran 13 miles. I had been planning this before I realized I was going to be less than 100% today, but it had to be done. 20130101 102647 600x800 thumb Pineapples and PenanceThis year is 2013 and I’m making it all about 13s! To be continued… after a nap.

Question: What did you do yesterday?

pin it button Pineapples and Penance

Comments

1. Robin says

Dying at bartender’s comment. On New Year’s Eve a few years ago we were at a bar with my brother-in-law and got kicked out due to my BIL passing gas that was beyond offensive. I just had to check with my husband that I didn’t make that up because typing it made me realize how truly absurd that is.

Since I’m 28 going on 85 I was in bed by 9:30pm (in my defense, I’m here at work today). I then found myself shaking my head upon hearing partying revelers outside my window when I got up at 5:30 this morning. Kids these days, I’ll tell ya…

I always think those runs after a bit too much indulgence are the best – the whole goal of my run today was to sweat out the excess tequila!!

LOVE this post…your fun loving attitude is a beautiful virtue!! And I didn’t even think of the 13 thing…cool idea to run that…if I could I would so maybe I will just work out for 13 minutes instead. ;-)

Looking forward to many more great posts this year!!

5. Sarah K. says

Wow, like some others have said, I probably wouldn’t have been able to get my sorry butt up to run after your crazy night! Haha. But that’s awesome! Good for you! I always say eating nasty, junky food helps my hangovers. Not so good for my health but oh so good in my tummy ;) Happy New Year!

Wow way to start off the New Year!! I’m still laying on the couch downing Nuun like it’s the last bit of fluid on the planet ;-)
    Happy New Year!

I am so happy I didn’t drink and went to bed shortly after midnight…the opposite of what I have done in years past lol I woke up today feeling great and went on a 7 mile hike. This year is all about prepping to run my first 13.1!

Looks like you had an adventurous start to 2013! Mine was a bit haphazard like yours, ended up going to a friends’ party for the night, which turned out to be awesome!

I admire that you ran 13 miles after a night out, and that time as well is awesome! I did go running but not nearly as far, but that’s irrelevant, I was sweating and felt awesome afterwards! :)

Have an awesome 2013, may diligence be with you!

Way too good! I started the year with a 11.5km run with a group of friends. And I cannot imagine how you can run 13.1 miles after that party! And way less zzz than me!. Happy New Year M!