Donate Used Running Shoes

Hello! Last night I enjoyed a nice adult beverage and some Mexican food. I figure a salted rim gives me some sodium power for my run, right? Si. image thumb25 Donate Used Running Shoes

And I went shopping for hipster glasses, but decided to pass. I don’t know…image thumb26 Donate Used Running Shoes

This morning I dressed like I wanted the space station astronauts to see me and ran 15 miles. I am doing a back to back run weekend to get me ready for Surf City. image thumb27 Donate Used Running Shoes

PSA – I am in love with my Brooks Running Vest!!!

Now I am headed to the All State 13.1 LA Half Marathon packet pick up. Remember if you’re local (or loco) you can donate your old running shoes at packet pick up or after the race! all state half marathon thumb Donate Used Running Shoes

· All shoes collected in Los Angeles will benefit the Union Rescue Mission, an organization that is dedicated to serving men, women, and children experiencing homelessness. The Union Rescue Mission is one of the largest rescue missions of its kind in the United States, and the oldest in Los Angeles.

· Donations from race participants and Los Angeles residents will also be collected during 13.1 Marathon® packet pick-ups on Friday, Jan. 11 at Road Runners Sports West Hills – Fallbrook Center in West Hills, Calif. from 12 p.m. to 7 p.m. and Saturday, Jan. 12 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. at Road Runners Sports Torrance in Torrance, Calif.

· Runners who donate their shoes on race day will receive a free pair of flip-flops to wear home.

Question: Did you / Do you wear glasses?

See you later!

Comments

I wear glasses in class and driving, but they are very hipstery/super duper cute or anything. Just some black ‘ol Calvin Klein glasses. They’re aight.

2. Rachel says

Ok, this may be creepy, but I saw you running this morning!!! I freaked out and told my friends and had a fan girl moment. And now that I see what you wore to run, I know for sure it was you! I read your blog everyday, it is amazing. Thank you :)

I think you look great in those glasses! I used to wear glasses but then got Lasik. Occassionally I miss wearing them :) I had a salt rim margarita on the rocks last night, too! So good.

4. Gillian says

Only need glasses to see far away (like at the movies or an auditorium when someone is giving a power point talk)

I donated 3 pairs of sneakers and between the $5 credit and 10% off at packet pick up and additional 10% off for VIP I had to take advantage of buying a new pair :)

I love those glasses on you! I have contacts, but don’t wear them too often because my allergies in the spring, summer, and fall bother them. I always wear them during races though. most of the time I wear glasses. I have a few pairs that I switch between depending on my mood and outfit! It’s fun.

I have glasses that I should probably wear, but I don’t. I really only need them when I drive or if I actually want to know what the guide on my TV says. Stupid tiny lettering!! lol

I wear contacts but have 2 pairs of glasses for those unfortunate situations like when you realize your contacts are blurry, then you take them out and notice there is somehow mascara on them. WTF.

8. Amanda says

Sadly, I have been wearing glasses since I was 2. Started wearing contacts when I was 13. I wear glasses only at night. I am a -10.5 so I tend to look like Stephen King when I wear them, and anything other than walking from bathroom to bedroom and reading in bed is dangerous. That whole peripheral vision thing and such! Glasses look cute on you! Go for it!

So this might sound creepy, but were you running the Yale loop today? I think I passed you three times…I was the girl in the blue running jacket. :)

10. Isabel says

Lol, those look like my glasses! Does that mean I’m hipster? So I fueled for my longish run with chips and salsa. We’ll see how that goes :)

I’ve worn glasses since I was 18 months old :) I’m totally rocking the creative/nerd/hipster look. I’m in a creative field, so it works! :)

12. Mary R. says

I love the glasses on you. You look so trendy and hipsterish too. I only wear my glasses at night when I’m getting ready for bed and take my contacts out or I need a break from the contacts.

13. Vernie says

I’ve worn glasses since I failed the eye exam at school in 8th grade. Nothing like starting out highschool in glasses! :)

After years of wearing glasses I’ve ventured out more when it comes to frames. I’ve got two pairs, one black set of “hipster” geek glasses and a pair of purple plastic frames that are a little bit lighter and easier to wear.

Contacts are reserved for snowboarding mainly since they bother my eyes.

It warms my heart that you know there are space station astronauts. You would not believe how many times I have been told that the space program is over because we don’t fly the shuttle anymore.
    Tell that to the 8 football-field-sized solar arrays and 6 astronauts I babysat this morning!