Monday Mini-Goals and Music

Hello! I made it home! But, I’m leaving for ING Miami on Friday so, should I even unpack?!

Well… now I’m back to the real world. To stay on track here are my mini-goals for the week:

1. Catch up on sleep and email, in that order wlEmoticon winkingsmile Monday Mini Goals and Music

2. Get to the store to stock up on healthy food. Done.

3. Update RER pages

#2 on my list is done – I hit up the store during lunch…

image thumb45 Monday Mini Goals and Music

In Running News: If you register for the Austin Marathon by midnight TODAY you get a free entry to the 2014 race!!! austin marathon thumb Monday Mini Goals and Music

2014 seems so far away that I hope I’ll be retired from running/blogging and living in Costa Rica by then, so I’m not in – but if this fits into your 5 year plan register here.

And since it’s Music Monday

This isn’t the best song to run to but I kinda love it today – Bruno Mars Locked Out of Heaven.

“Cause you make feel like, I’ve been locked out of heaven…For too long, for too long…” <- Me singing.

Question:  Do you have a set day you go grocery shopping or is whenever?

Comments

We do our grocery shopping on Wegmans, but since I had MLK Day off, I did it today. I’m totally stocked up for the week & ready to eat healthy! My mini-goal for the week is to not eat out for lunch, so my grocery shopping will be extra helpful!

My SIL is running ING this weekend for her FIRST marathon for her 40th birthday. I’m jealous, I want to go! I saw the medal at Disney expo, it’s beautiful!

I didn’t like that song at first but when I saw him sing it on the Victoria’s Secret fasion show, I fell in love. However, I couldn’t run to it: it’s too slow (IMO). However, Runaway Baby by him is fabulous to run to! I’ll often hit repeat when it comes up.

One of my favorite things is Tuesday nights – my boyfriend and I pack up the kids and head to King Soopers to do the shopping when there’s fewer people there. It’s always a blast (wait, what? Grocery shopping that’s fun?!) – my boyfriend likes to surprise me by dancing with me in the aisles or throwing me over his shoulder. The kids crack up, I get all flushed, and it’s good times.

I am trying to do grocery shopping every Saturday, on budget and have everything we need for the week without going back out and spending more money during the week on random crap. Key word here is “trying”, doesn’t always turn out that way.

Retired/ living in Costa Rica sounds amazing right now!!! :) I usually go on the weekend or when our TJs gets their trucks in…it’s a super small store in the city so it can get completely wiped out by the end of the weekend.

I like to do grocery shopping on Sundays, but my husband is one who likes to go to the store like everyday (literally), so we never have that much food in the house, but go everyday. The grocery store is one of my least favorite places though, so I guess I’m lucky that it’s one of his favorites, so he goes:)

7. Angelica says

I actually LOVE running to that song too! The bridge part is where I speed up a bit and the chorus gives me energy to go faster :)

I’ve been using the Costco/Kirkland frozen stir-fry mix in so many dishes lately! Try it w/ noodles and TJ’s red curry sauce.

I shop when I look in the fridge and my reaction is, “Oh crap, we need food,” which could be any given day of the week!

Great song and I like to play it in my Spinning class. Congrats on the PR

Weekends since I get off work late and there aren’t any stores, supermarts or grocery places where I work. Unless I’m away during the weekend eg this past weekend. Pssttt…had an amazing weekend in Hong Kong where I volunteered at the Vibram HK100 and totally pulled off a surprise on friends who were running the event! It was definitely difficult keeping quiet about this while making travel arrangements.

11. Gillian says

Congrats on the RnR PR! I would love to get faster. Not sure if adding speed work (800’s or mile repeats) into the mix or just trying to run my training runs faster is the answer. Can’t run hard every day though. Enjoy your upcoming race in Miami! Hope to try to catch you at RnR Pasadena speedy lady!

Random, but the subject of your post…I guess I shop when the food is gone! But mostly on the weekend when I have the time.

12. Tara says

I loooove to food shop, sad as it is, Its my weekend excitement!
    I go on Sunday mornings (try to get there before 10am) and then I come home and start prepping for the week-breakfast, my lunch, the crockpot gets started, etc.
    It feels so good to have all that done on Sunday and know I dont have to rush around each morning getting my food ready.

When I use to drive to work (I now work in the city=public transportation) I use to hit up the grocery store on Thurs or Fri night on my way home. It was great to have it done and have my Sunday to myself.

13. Heather says

I am trying to have a set day or at least only allow myself go once a week but when I’m out of something I want it asap (bc I eat practically the same thing every day)

I always do the “big” grocery shopping on Sunday because that’s when the coupons are in the paper. And I try to go early enough before everyone gets out of church and heads there.
    (…hangs head in shame for not being at church)

Fantastic goods from you, man. I’ve understand your stuff previous to and you are just too excellent. I really like what you have acquired here, certainly like what you’re saying and the way in
    which you say it. You make it entertaining and you still care for to keep it wise.

I cant wait to read far more from you. This is really a
    terrific web site.