Off to ING Miami and Orange Laces Event

Happy Friday and hello from the sky!

I am currently flying to Florida for the ING Miami Half Marathon.ing miami half marathon thumb Off to ING Miami and Orange Laces Event

I’m excited to hang out with my INGClassof2012 friends!  I PRd last weekend so the pressure is off and I’m just hoping to enjoy Miami – I’ve never been there before!ing class of 2013 shoot thumb Off to ING Miami and Orange Laces Event

Since I have 4.5 hours on a plane I brought along a few books that I’ve been sent to review on RER. I was a little skeptical about The Virgin Diet book, but I saw the author on TV yesterday so I’ll give it a chance. Reviews coming soon…image thumb47 Off to ING Miami and Orange Laces Event

I’ll be at the expo tomorrow and running the half on Sunday. Please say “Hi!” if you see me wlEmoticon smile12 Off to ING Miami and Orange Laces Event

There is also a Run For Something Better even on Sunday! ING Run For Something Better challenges children to get active, set goals and start a lifetime habit of physical activity. Each program is capped off with a fun running event involving the school or even the larger community.

Thousands of kids will run their final mile this weekend.

I attended the event in LA in October and these kids are amazing!IMG 8707 800x533 thumb Off to ING Miami and Orange Laces EventIMG 8675 800x533 thumb Off to ING Miami and Orange Laces Event

Check out Orange Laces.com to find out more. Aaaand check out the Orange Laces booth at the expo and pick up a pair of orange laces to support the cause!IMG 8691 800x533 thumb Off to ING Miami and Orange Laces Event

Are you doing to the expo or race this weekend? Wanna be friends?

Question: What are you doing this weekend?

Comments

1. Jenny says

We’ve got a 5k (and 10k, 25k, and 50k — I’m sticking with 5k at this point) here in Tulsa, and I’ll be running that tomorrow morning.

2. sally says

I’ll be running the Manhattan Half on Sunday. So while you’re running in Miami warmth and sunshine i’ll be running in some “chillier” weather. =)
    Enjoy!

My 5 year old did the kids 1 mile last year when I did the RNR DC Marathon. I thought it was put together SO well. She loves her medal and we have all intentions of her running this year (when I do my 2nd marathon!)

4. sally kate says

oh gosh, I saw the book in the grocery store last week and thumbed through it- you’re digging these food intolerance diet plans, huh! :) I still think you should go back to school to be a dietitian!:)

Swim, bike, run, and hosting a game night with friends! Should be awesomesauce, though I am getting major race withdrawls and it’s been just over a month… *twitch twitch*

I want to help my kids school with the orange laces program but too bad for me you have to work for the ding dang school district :( Sad day for me. If you know of a way I could help without being employed by the school please share. Good luck and have fun with the kiddies!!

7. Kate says

‘Thousands of kids will run their final mile’ – do you mean the final mile? This makes it sound like they are going to die once they finish running.

• Kristy says

@Kate- its part of a healthy lifestyle program that the kids have been doing throughout the school year. Cumulatively they have run 25 miles and on Sunday they get to run mile 26.2, their final mile, across the official finish line. LOL their “final mile” does sound a bit ominous! Hope that clears it up.

8. Debbie says

Doing my final long run before I fly to CA next week for my first (!!!) half marathon (Surf City). It’s snowing and icy here in DC so I’m hoping I don’t have to run on the ‘mill. Good luck in Miami!

9. tracey says

I used to live in Miami and did the half there last year. You will love the course. I’ll be there cheering friends on – I will track you so maybe I will see you!! Good luck.

We’ve an extended weekend with Monday being a public holiday. So it’ll be a relaxed and do nothing except what I fancy weekend. Have fun at the expo and run.

11. Kat says

Monica, I am so jealous you are in Miami! I attended college there, be sure to enjoy some AWESOME food. Miami has some great eats. My top picks are:
    Don Pan- for pastries, and be sure to try an Arepa
    The Big Cheese, amazing garlic rolls and pink sauce
    Sergios, some tasty Cubano food :)
    Shorty’s for BBQ
    and if you are in South Beach, try the Big Pink- everything there is yummy.
    Have a great run and enjoy the MIA!

Good luck! I bet Miami feels so much better than here in Missouri! Last night was my first STLBloggers meet up! It was so much fun! It’s nice to be in a place where it’s socially acceptable to take pictures of yourself, your food, the ceiling, your feet, and be tweeting with everyone that is sitting right next to you.

Have fun in Miami and hope you have a great race.

My husband & I went to South Beach in 2008. We call it that Paint, Pierce and Puke tour.
    PAINT – we both got tattoos (just the henna version – and then found out the hubs must be allergic to the dye. Oops)
    PIERCE – I got my belly button pierced while there, and
    PUKE – we drank so much, I nearly puked one night…but luckily didn’t.

It was a fun trip to say the least. :)