ING Miami Half Marathon

Half Marathon #3 of 2013 is done.

It was not my best time for a half, but I had a lot of fun last night aaaand am a-okay with that. Go Pineapple Go! (No idea what that’s all about.)IMG 20130127 091130 800x800 thumb ING Miami Half Marathon

ING Miami Half Marathon: 2:14:1620130127 085520 600x800 thumb ING Miami Half Marathon

I ran the ING Miami Half Marathon after a night out. So, I wasn’t in great shape for this one. The start time was 6:15am – ouch, right? But, it was warm here too so it’s for the best.

IMG 20130127 061254 800x800 thumb ING Miami Half Marathon

I stopped to go the restroom and walked for a bit <- I NEVER do that in races anymore, but I realize that if I’m going run a lot of races this year I need to learn how to just stop and smell the flowers porta potties sometimes. It was just about the experience on this one.

20130127 090604 800x600 thumb ING Miami Half Marathon

Overall: I really enjoyed the race. The course is flat and super gorgeous! The expo was solid and I had a great time. I mean, who wouldn’t love Miami in January?!20130127 085232 800x600 thumb ING Miami Half Marathon

Added bonus: Super cool spinner medal! Seriously one of the coolest medals I’ve ever gotten. 20130127 091441 600x800 thumb ING Miami Half Marathon

After the race I headed to the Orange Laces race. Over 5,000 kids ran their 26th mile for the program. It’s a really great way to get kids active!20130127 112309 600x800 thumb ING Miami Half Marathon20130127 105846 800x600 thumb ING Miami Half MarathonIMG 20130127 103437 800x800 thumb ING Miami Half Marathon

Then, it was time for a shower and some food! Yes, please.IMG 20130127 151552 800x800 thumb ING Miami Half Marathon

I met a skateboarding dog too – could this weekend be any more awesome?!IMG 20130127 162629 800x800 thumb ING Miami Half Marathon

Unfortunately, now it’s time to say goodbye to all our company. I’m headed back to SoCal. See ya there! IMG 20130127 180202 800x800 thumb ING Miami Half Marathon

Question: What did you do this weekend?

Comments

1. Cate says

Great job! You finished three 1/2s in January and that is amazing! I’ve always wanted to run that race! Looks like you had fun and that is part of all this running, right? Safe travels home!

This looks amazing! Congrats on the race. I have just signed up for my first half marathon and if only I could do it in your time!

3. Sally says

I PR’d at the manhattan half marathon here in Central Park! 19 degrees and I finished in 2:13:07. A full 5 min PR and I actually feel great. I’m not sore at all. I am super jealous of your medal though! It’s way cool. We didn’t even get medals:( I like to see that you enjoyed your Miami experience and recognize that doing so many races means some are meant to be done with a more relaxed attitude!

I think Miami at this time of year would be awesome!!! (cause I live in Kansas!).
    Way to go!!! 3 of 13 half marathons already done and we are still in January!! You Rock!!!!

I did not go to Miami. Jealous.
    I do think that AZ turned into Seattle this weekend though so it was fun experiencing a real rainy weekend.
    Congrats on another race!

That would be a great finishing time for me….maybe some day. So glad you had fun. That’s the most important thing to me with all my half marathons. Not negative splits, not PRs but enjoying the race and trying to just take it all in. (Although I would like to get a little faster. Hee Hee)

7. Jen says

Monica, I really love that you finished in 2:14 and some change. I just completed my first two 1/2’s ever in 2013 (TINK was one!), and my times are a bit slower than yours, but you give me a REASONABLE goal to work toward. And you remind me that this is about having FUN and moving my body.

8. Aimee says

Uhhhhhh the dress? Where get??? I love it! And r those mine I mean your Oakley glasses? Totally cute cute cute Miami babe!

Was in Yangon (Myanmar) for the inaugural YOMA Yangon Marathon 2013 – fantastic and well morganised event. The best bit was all the town people coming out and cheering – best crowd support ever!

Wow, three halves just in January!
    I ran a half in Chicago – my first real winter race (I’m from Australia, we don’t really have winter)! I had an amazing time (that I PRed certainly helped) and am looking forward to knocking off a few more halves this year.

11. Adam says

Congrats on #3 in 2013! Great blog, great photos, and great to see you this weekend! And yes, the ING Miami Marathon medal is always awesome. :)

12. Christina says

Glad you found one of our pineapples! We are Baptist Health South Florida, a group of six hospitals and over two dozen urgent care and diagnostic centers throughout Miami-Dade, Broward and Monroe Counties. The pineapple, being a sign of hospitality and welcome, is our logo and we use it to showcase our brand in the community. As the official medical partner for the ING Miami Marathon & Half Marathon, we cheer on all that make up “Team Pineapple” – active folks in pursuit of health and wellness. Congrats and glad I found your blog! – Christina, Marketing & PR, Baptist Health South Florida