Surf City Race Expo

Hello and Happy Weekend time wlEmoticon smile1 Surf City Race Expo

First, I have to back up for a second and profess my love to the Warm Whiskey Chocolate Cake I had last night. Yes. Please. image thumb Surf City Race Expo(If you follow me on Instagram @RunEatRepeat you’d be one step ahead of the game.)

Okay… this morning I met up with the lovely Skinny Runner to attend the Surf City Marathon / Half Marathon Expo. First we had to make a the obligatory iced coffee stop. And I thought it was about time that I showed you guys my car… if you see me driving please HONK!!! so I know you read RER.

image thumb1 Surf City Race Expo

Expo time…

This race is about 16 miles north of mi casa – and actually pretty near and dear to my heart since I’ve ran the full once and half a few times.

IMG 0815 800x600 thumb Surf City Race Expo

The whole theme of the race is “Surf City” since that’s what Huntington Beach is known for. IMG 0818 800x600 thumb Surf City Race Expo

SR checking her bib #IMG 0820 600x800 thumb Surf City Race Expo

Just as we were about to walk in reader Leslie spotted us. She’ll be running the half tomorrow – so we plan on hanging out for a few hours on the road too wlEmoticon winkingsmile Surf City Race Expo

IMG 0821 800x600 thumb Surf City Race Expo IMG 0822 800x600 thumb Surf City Race Expo

The last two races I attended – ING Miami and RNR AZ have BIG expos, so this one is pretty small in comparison. It’s just a big tent set up on the beach parking lot. There are a few vendors and booths to get the pre-race loot you need and that’s it. IMG 0825 800x600 thumb Surf City Race Expo

IMG 0828 800x600 thumb Surf City Race ExpoIMG 0826 800x600 thumb Surf City Race Expo

The race starts and ends right on the street off the beach. I doubt I’ll pull a Santa Barbara ice bath though – this is frigid. IMG 0830 800x600 thumb Surf City Race Expo

ONE of the girls in this picture is NOT named Sarah – you guess which one. 20130202 121314 800x600 thumb Surf City Race Expo

After the expo the two Sarah’s and I got comida and the Big Belly Deli.

IMG 0840 600x800 thumb Surf City Race Expo

IMG 0837 800x600 thumb Surf City Race Expo

I got a grilled veggie salad with chicken (they brought the chicken out after because they forgot).IMG 0834 800x600 thumb Surf City Race Expo

And now I’ll spend the rest of the day getting nervous and carb loading with bananas. If anyone wants to call me with race day advice I’m standing by the phones…image thumb2 Surf City Race Expo

I think this sums up how prepared I am for tomorrow’s race:  “Not exactly new and improved, but it’s been worse.” IMG 0838 800x600 thumb Surf City Race Expo

Okay, since the expo had Beach Boys playing the whole time I’m inspired to create an entire playlist of their songs.

Vote California Girls or Don’t Worry Baby?

pin it button Surf City Race Expo

Comments

Love the feel of that expo and miss the coast so much – one of the many reasons I love reading your blog. Also, you look extra-beautiful these days (hopefully that comes out the right way; you’re so pretty but lately you seem extra-so…fresh and like you’re feeling good!). :D Lastly, California girls, FOR SURE (spoken from one who’s been misplaced in Canada). ;)

• Emma says

I’ve been reading your blog for about 6 months now but have never felt confident enough to leave a comment before – but I just read SR’s page and she pointed out what I was already thinking – you are looking ‘ten shades of fabulous’ you look so happy, fit and fresh in all your photos – i’m almost inspired to try the eggs and nut-butter Monica diet! I’ve just moved from England to Canada and reading your blog has inspired me to go back to running longer distances. I was a 5km-specialist for a few years, but i’m signed up for a half marathon in a few weeks and really looking forward to it. Good luck with your race tomorrow x

2. Brittany says

Did you move? I thought you were living down in Irvine. The only reason I even notice is because I live in Huntington, so was confused by the “20 miles south of mi casa” part. I’m also deliriously tired so may be reading stupidly. =)

You will do great!! I’m pretty sure you are the only person I “know” who is running their 4th half of the year only 34 days into the year!!! I think that is beyond amazing!
    I hope you have a great race day!!!!

4. Maggie P says

I love your blue shirt. Where did you get it?

So, since you’ve mentioned that Ben would like to have a baby & because I have no tact , are you looking especially beautiful because of the special glow of motherhood?

Yes! It was amazing! But, I didn’t get to try the pretzel sticks – I think you were the one that told me about them?! It felt like we were the only table that didn’t order them.

I have to go with California Girls. I was walking down the street in Key West today and a random guy living out of his van was playing that song!! What a coincidence?!

Good luck tomorrow!!

Good luck today! Hope it went well! I did this last year with my sister and LOVED IT!! It was also my first ever half a number of years ago (but that was the year it poured!)

Got to love So Cal!

7. Kim says

California Girls! What a great idea for a playlist for races near the surf :) Don’t know why I haven’t thought of this before?! I’m planning on making a Dropkick Murphy’s playlist for my 10k on St. Patrick’s Day. Have fun and good luck!