Healthy 2 Ingredient Pancake Recipe

Run: This morning I started my day with a slow 4 mile shake out run. I always follow a hard race with a very easy run with no music so I can pay attention to what my body is telling me. When I hurt my IT band the injury showed up on my run AFTER the race, so I’ve learned to do this. You have to find your own training and recovery methods that work for your body.

Today is National Pancake Day!!!

I’m pretty excited since I love any food you can cover with syrup* wlEmoticon winkingsmile1 Healthy 2 Ingredient Pancake Recipe

easy pancake recipe thumb Healthy 2 Ingredient Pancake Recipe

*Chris Rock’s I prefer syrup reference. Ignore me.

its a total transformation Healthy 2 Ingredient Pancake Recipe

Last week I made an Easy 2 Ingredient Pancake for an afternoon snack. I wasn’t sure how it would come out since ‘cakes tend to fall apart with iffy ingredients – but it worked!

2 ingredient protein pancake thumb Healthy 2 Ingredient Pancake Recipe

Easy Pancake Recipe

Ingredients: 1/3 cup of egg whites and 1 scoop of protein powder. Mix. You can also use 1 whole egg and 1 egg white, beaten.

I used this Vega Vanilla Chai protein – the scoop is pretty big so if your batter is too watery add more of your protein powder. IMG 0862 600x800 thumb Healthy 2 Ingredient Pancake Recipe

Heat small pan and spray with oil thoroughly. Pour batter into the pan and leave it! Do not flip it until you are sure it’s done on the first side. My pancake had bubbles around the edges, but not too many in the middle. Flip, finish cooking.

Top with nutbutter of your choice and syrup.

IMG 0800 thumb Healthy 2 Ingredient Pancake Recipe

Other Pancake Recipes:

Sweet Potato Pancakes

sweet potato pancakes thumb Healthy 2 Ingredient Pancake Recipe

Oatbran Pancakes

oatbran pancakes recipe thumb Healthy 2 Ingredient Pancake Recipe

Gluten Free Pumpkin Pancakes

gluten free pancake recipe thumb Healthy 2 Ingredient Pancake Recipe

Question: When was the last time you had pancakes?

Comments

Oh man! I had pancakes a few weeks ago at Marmalde Cafe. Amazing.

On a normal day though, I’m a big fan of the paleo 2 ingredient pancake (1 mashed banana + 1 egg) topped with almond butter. BIG FAN.

2. Tiffany says

Didn’t even know it was national pancake day and I made pancakes – (which I am always too lazy to do). But all I actually did was mix 1 banana with 1 egg and put an insane amount of blueberries in it. So darn good. I’m a new reader to your blog and I am kind of obsessed with you. Thank you for inspiring me to actually get up and make breakfast and head to the gym before 6 lately. Never would have done it otherwise.

3. Shannon in Tustin says

The last time I had pancakes was about a month ago: the kids talked me into “breakfast for dinner”. Our oven was down and out for two months (replaced last week) and we had an excessive amount of bacon in the house (how does that happen exactly?!). So I treated them to bacon and flapjacks! Immediately nailed-down my “mom of the century” award. :D

I usually add PB or pumpkin and nutmeg to their whole wheat pancakes and always cinnamon (it makes the world go ’round).

Happy Tuesday!

4. Rebecca says

I haven’t had pancakes in long time because, honestly, I am too lazy when hungry to mix together all the ingredients most recipes call for. So, I will definitely be making these when the protein powder I just ordered arrives. Thanks for the recipe!

I love pancakes but probably haven’t had one since last year when I was training for a marathon. The kids have them every few weeks. We always top them VT maple syrup – kind of have to in Vermont :), but I love them with pb, too.

6. Tara says

On the weekends, I tend to make banana/oats/egg pancakes. LOVE these! So easy, so filling and even my husband will eat them.

Thanks for the recipe! I’d heard of two ingredient pancakes made with eggs and bananas, but adding protein powder sounds like a really interesting twist (and a great way to get in some extra protein). I honestly can’t remember the last time I had pancakes…I think I’m going to have to change that. :)

8. Vernie says

It’s definitely been a few months. We always make them with blueberries, but I like this idea! Definitely going to have to try it! Thanks!

I haven’t had pancakes since Christmas. My parents used to own a diner & my dad’s pancakes are my absolute favorite. They’re still good at our house, but I miss the good ol’ days when he’d make them for us on the flat top.

I make my boyfriend and the kids chocolate chip pancakes every single weekend. Whenever I ask them what they want, it’s chocolate chip pancakes. haha. I usually forgo them because I like savory breakfasts better but last week I had some (sans the chocolate chips) and they were pretty good:-)

I have been on an oatmeal and greek yogurt breakfast kick lately. Before that I was making oatmeal pancakes every morning. I want to try making your sweet potato pancake recipe. Maybe tomorrow!

12. Diana says

A friend of mine in NYC coordinated a polar bear run this weekend for the Dana Farber Research Center, I helped her out here in St. Louis by bribing my friends to join me on a 12-mile run through the snow with post-run pancakes – the first time I’ve had them in years! I made vegan pancakes & didn’t have vegetable oil on hand so I subbed in coconut oil – dare I say, DELICIOUS!!!!!

Did you know that it is also National Chocolate Fondue Day? Are pancakes appropriate to dip in fondue so that we can celebrate both at the same time? :)

This comment is actually for the next post with the marathon recap video…
    Okay, seriously, how fun are marathoners?! Everyone looked like they were having the best time ever!! Maybe it’s that SoCal air, gotta get me some of that! Way to go, girl!

I actually made pancakes for myself last weekend for the first time in SO long. And they were full on flour, sugar and chocolate chip deliciousness. Although, these look pretty good too and probably tasted like vanilla! Pancakes are so simple you can make them out of almost anything, but topping them with syrup is 100% a must.

Hello Dear,

I just love your 2 Ingredient Pancake recipe. I love to make pancake in my Weekend holiday, As I love cooking and pancake both. I just love to try new recipes everytime. I just tried your and want to share mine with you pancake recipe this time. Thanks alot dear for such a delicious recipe.

17. Jill says

Hi, 1/3 cup egg whites…is that the eggbeaters/substitutes? Thanks. Would that work as a “muffin” in microwave I wonder?

Yes, egg beaters/sub. I thought about that too since I mixed my last one in a mug buuut I was afraid to ruin it since I’m almost out of protein powder. When I get a new stash I’ll try it.