Club 33 in Disneyland

Did you guess where I was going yesterday?!

First let’s back up to the day time events – I spent the day at Disney’s California Adventure with my fam. IMG 0915 800x600 thumb Club 33 in Disneyland

Snacks were enjoyed…

The new Cars Land was packed so we got in the single rider line for Radiator Springs Races for a shorter wait. Luckily my mom and I still got in the same car.IMG 0922 600x800 thumb Club 33 in Disneyland

IMG 0923 800x600 thumb Club 33 in Disneyland

It was a fun ride, a little short but I liked it. IMG 0924 800x600 thumb Club 33 in Disneyland

California Adventure celebrates all things from the Golden State. I don’t know if you’re aware but I am a big fan of CA wlEmoticon winkingsmile4 Club 33 in Disneyland So, I dig it.

This area is modeled after fisherman’s wharf in San Francisco. We walked through the Ghirardelli store and they give you a free piece of chocolate. God bless it. IMG 0925 800x600 thumb Club 33 in Disneyland

Since Chinese New Year is upon us there is a special menu at one of the restaurants. They had a Ginger tea that caught my eye. I thought it would be like boba tea, which it kinda sorta is, just not as awesome (but the boba places around here ROCK).

image thumb14 Club 33 in Disneyland

The infamous smoked turkey leg had to happen too…IMG 0935 800x600 thumb Club 33 in Disneyland

Eat like you mean it. (I think the guy behind me is judging my food choices.)IMG 0936 800x600 thumb Club 33 in Disneyland

We also went on the big ferris wheel thing and it was freezing. So, I had to cuddle up with this complete stranger to keep warm. Hey, you gotta do what you gotta do.

IMG 0947 800x600 thumb Club 33 in DisneylandIMG 0945 800x600 thumb Club 33 in Disneyland

Me: “Do you have a message for my readers since I’m going to post about you today?”

Ben: “No”

So there ya go. IMG 0953 800x600 thumb Club 33 in Disneyland

Okay now for the main event…

Club 33 is a member’s only club inside Disneyland. IMG 0957 600x800 thumb Club 33 in Disneyland

Located within Disneyland, discreetly above the Blue Bayou in New Orleans Square is perhaps one of Orange County’s finest five star restaurants. With a limited membership of only 487, Club 33 is not open to the public. Members may however arrange for their friends and associates to experience the club.

Back in November Ben got special recognition at work for being awesome. The owner of his company is a member of Club 33 and invited him and 3 guests to have dinner at the club. You need to know 2 things about this:

1. The club is super expensive and exclusive, so this is a really big deal.

2. My little brother Matt is OBSESSED with Disney so this is an even bigger deal to him than anyone else in the world.

So, Ben obviously invited Matt, my mom and this girl for dinner.

When you get there you ring the doorbell and say the name the reservation is under. This door is right next to the Blue Bayou. IMG 0958 600x800 thumb Club 33 in Disneyland

This guy answered and ushered us inside. He gave us a quick tour of the tiny lobby and a history of the pictures on the walls.IMG 0961 800x600 thumb Club 33 in DisneylandIMG 0963 600x800 thumb Club 33 in DisneylandIMG 0964 800x600 thumb Club 33 in Disneyland

IMG 0966 600x800 thumb Club 33 in Disneyland

Then, you take a teeny elevator up to the second floor with the dining room.IMG 0962 600x800 thumb Club 33 in Disneyland

Club 33 has a ton of Disney history around. This end table was in the movie Mary Poppins (which I don’t think I’ve seen all the way through?).

IMG 0974 600x800 thumb Club 33 in Disneyland

IMG 1026 600x800 thumb Club 33 in Disneyland

IMG 1040 800x600 thumb Club 33 in DisneylandIMG 1038 800x600 thumb Club 33 in Disneyland

IMG 1036 600x800 thumb Club 33 in Disneyland

IMG 1035 800x600 thumb Club 33 in Disneyland

There was a cute bachelorette party there too! I’m sure if I took Cindy here for her bachelorette she’d disown me, but it works for them. (Sidenote: her party is coming up in March!)IMG 1044 800x600 thumb Club 33 in Disneyland

Club 33 is considered a 5 star restaurant and it really shows. The service, menu and dining room are all gorgeous. IMG 0981 800x600 thumb Club 33 in Disneyland

IMG 0979 800x600 thumb Club 33 in Disneyland

I started with a glass of Riesling. You guys know I am super not fancy, but this was fun to pretend for the night.image thumb15 Club 33 in Disneyland

The menu is unique and everything sounded amazing. (Plus our reservation was for 8pm and I was starving.)IMG 0988 800x600 thumb Club 33 in Disneyland

IMG 0975 800x600 thumb Club 33 in Disneyland

IMG 0976 800x600 thumb Club 33 in Disneyland

IMG 0977 800x600 thumb Club 33 in Disneyland

This is also a 5 course prix fixe menu. Note: dinner was included with the invite so we did not pay for anything but the drinks. Or I would have died because again, I’m not fancy.IMG 0978 600x800 thumb Club 33 in Disneyland

IMG 1018 600x800 thumb Club 33 in Disneyland

Little Gem Lettuce Salad

IMG 0996 800x600 thumb Club 33 in Disneyland

Heirloom Lentil Soup

IMG 0997 800x600 thumb Club 33 in Disneyland

CalamariIMG 0999 800x600 thumb Club 33 in Disneyland

King Crab Stuffed Maine Lobster

IMG 1002 800x600 thumb Club 33 in Disneyland

Even the washrooms were fancy… super kinda old style but I like that they’re keeping it original.IMG 1003 800x600 thumb Club 33 in Disneyland

The sitting room outside the washroom. IMG 1011 600x800 thumb Club 33 in Disneyland

And because this is a full service blog and I know you’d want to know…IMG 1007 600x800 thumb Club 33 in Disneyland

Dessert!

Unfortunately, my dessert was not the highlight of the evening. I ordered the Chocolate Truffle and it was served too cold and hard to be smooth.

IMG 1021 800x600 thumb Club 33 in Disneyland

But, Ben’s Almond Cake was Ah-mazing! I want it again.IMG 1022 800x600 thumb Club 33 in Disneyland

Matt ordered the brownie and it came with a Club 33 chocolate on top.IMG 1024 800x600 thumb Club 33 in DisneylandIMG 1025 800x600 thumb Club 33 in Disneyland

Question: What’s the nicest restaurant you’ve ever been to?

This will probably it for the rest of my life. Back to Taco Bell now…

pin it button Club 33 in Disneyland

Comments

1. Tracey says

Fancy schmancy! Did Ben lose weight (not that he needed to ) or something? He looks different…or maybe it’s because we haven’t seen him around these parts much these days. Either way it looks like a fun day.

2. Dawnie says

oMG BEN!
    Do you know it has made my day seeing Ben, on your blog, it has mad me, a lurker, comment.
    I love reading your blog, but lately I’ve been worried about where your lovely ben is. You seem such a cute couple it was making me sad.
    Also while I am here, I know you have been changing your blog content lately, and that’s up to you, but I liked it the way it was.
    Ben stay in the blog ;-)

Wow that looks like so much fun! The nicest restaurant I’ve been to was at the top of Hera’s casino overlooking Lake Tahoe. A dentist friend of my parents treated us all. The only 5 course meal I’ve ever had and definitely the fanciest food place I’ve ever been to.

4. Andrea says

So what’s your over-all assessment, worth paying the $120/person for? My brother-in-law has a club 33 connection and we are all HUGE Disney fans as well. How exciting to go there! Thanks for the pictures.

first of all, LOL at the guy in the background of you eating that turkey leg pic!

I’ve never been to disney so didn’t even know about Club 33 – but maaan, that looks so amazing!! I love fancy restaurants once in a while (when I can afford it!!).

I can’t stop laughing at the guy behind you while you’re eating your turkey leg. He is obviously overflowing with jealousy and can’t wait until he gets his own.

And the Mary Poppins thing, I agree! I don’t know that I’ve seen it all either… same with the Sound of Music. I’m embarrassed!

I had no idea that this place existed but it looks awesome! Fanciest restaurant I’ve ever been to was the Forge in Miami. Every time we went there we were surrounded by Miami Heat players. It was so delish and wonderful.

I have ALWAYS wanted to go to Club 33, but I’ll probably never get the opportunity, so thank you so much for sharing!

I think the fanciest place I’ve ever eaten is the Blue Duck Tavern in Washington, DC. One of those places you’re glad you’re not paying.

Totally jealous!! I just bought my year pass to Disney World and my first trip for the year will be next weekend, I can’t wait.

The fanciest restaurant I’ve ever been to has to be the Eiffel Tower restaurant in Vegas. OMG it was soooo good. If you ever go, you have to have the pistachio souffle, sounds weird, but it’s amazing.

O.M.G. I LOVE places like that – I mean don’t get me wrong I LOVE food but amazing food + amazing experience = AMAZING!?!
    I have two favorites- well in Tampa…
    Bern’s Steakhouse: the largest private wine cellar in the world and they have their own organic farm where everything is grown/raised/whatever else happens at Farms. http://www.bernssteakhouse.com/
    And Bern’s Dessert Room: Haha I’m creative! Next time you’re in the FLA this is a MUST!

11. Ella says

I went to Per Se in NYC two times – once when my PR client hosted a dinner there, and another time when our friends TREATED us. It was insane. Robert DeNiro came in the second time (it’s a small place, you can see everyone).

12. Kristy says

I am so jealous! Ive been to Disney World about a billion times. They don’t have anything like that in Orlando. I’ve been to plenty of nice restaurants but now I must find a way to get my butt up to Club 33!

Had a wonderful Reunion dinner (Chinese New Year eve) with family at Westin Kuala Lumpur. Nothing fancy but it good all around. Have the pics up on my blog.

14. Tammi says

I’ve been to Disneyland so many times I can’t count and never knew Club 33 even existed…fail on my part being the Disney expert I thought I was…have been to some pretty upscale restaurants but Ruth’s Chris in Maui is definately my favorite!

Ha ha! I’m sure you’ll go fancy again! My favourite place is The Sportsman, a rustic country pub near a seaside village in England that serves Michelin-starred food. It’s the best of both – a relaxed atmosphere with waiting staff in jeans and food that still makes my mouth water at the memory over a year later…

16. Fizz @fizzsbizz says

I think this means that you are officially Disney elite. I love that there’s basically a secret society at Disneyland, makes it even cooler!

I’ve never heard of Club 33. That teeny little salad is ridic! It sounds like you had fun! I keep asking hubs if we can get Disney passes if we move back to LA. He keeps telling me, “No!!!” Why is he a Disney hater????

i LOVE that guy in the background of your turkey leg picture :D I saw it on FB and I laughed my head off. I’m so jealous that you got to go to Club 33, I am a huge Disney freak! I’m starting to think you are fancy using words like “washroom” ;) That was one fancy toilet!

19. Shari says

I’ve never been to Club 33. Looks way too fancy for me. BUT, I have been to Victoria & Albert’s at the Grand Floridian in Disneyworld. It is open to the public, but they enforce a strict dress code, I.e. no jeans, or t-shirts etc. Women wear dress pants or a dress, for men a coat and tie are required. The food was amazing. Since it was our honeymoon, they gave us personalized menus, with the suggested wine pairings. The dining room was like eating dinner in a Victorian living room. We had a table near the fireplace.
    So much fun, and such good food! You know it made an impression when I can remember it after 17years!

So cool you guys got to go there, good job Mr. Ben for being so awesome!

A dear friend of my Mom’s was a member and she used to let us use her membership often. Such great memories. The part I liked best is when you time your reservation right you can sip your after dinner cocktails on the balcony watching the Fantasmic show out of all the crowds – best night ever!

21. Shannon in Tustin says

My two super-fancy dining experiences were “The Polo Lounge” at the Beverly Hills Hotel (Thanksgiving dinner nearly 20 years ago!) and The Clubhouse at the Ritz Carlton, Laguna Niguel (our honeymoon).
    I’ve also been to BoLo in NYC which is owned by Bobby Flay, but sadly, the handsome redhead wasn’t there when I was! :( a tragedy really!

Happy Monday! :)

Wow, thats amazing, what a treat. I’ve never been to California so I’ve only heard about Disneyland but this restaurant seems pretty cool. The only super nice restaurant I can think of that I’ve been to is the Capital Grille. One time we went for my ex-boyfriends birthday and we ordered a ton of food, sides, desserts, bottles of wine- the works. When the check book came, there was no check inside- apparently his dad had connections at that location and someone comped it.

My hubby and I went to Victoria & Albert’s in Disneyworld on our honeymoon. By far the fanciest place I’ve ever been. I guess anywhere you go where your dinner costs more than your mortgage is a special occasion :)

Club 33 sounds fun! My husband and I went to a super nice French restuarant for our anniversary last year. Wasn’t outrageously expensive, but we probably spent about $100. Fun for a special occasion.