Kleenex Care Packs

February 14th isn’t just Valentine’s Day, it’s also my lil mom’s birthday!

Happy Birthday Mom! IMG 0922 600x800 thumb1 Kleenex Care Packs

She is awesome and raised me to be nice and kind and blah blah blah. But she was also a little ‘tough love’ when it came to being sick or hurt.

For example… When I was a kid, screaming at the top of my lungs that my brother was killing me she would say, “Do we need to call 911?” I would say “No…” and realize I was maybe kinda being a teeny bit dramatic. mom and mike thumb Kleenex Care Packs

Plus, I respond best to tough love in most cases. (See: My love for Jillian Michaels) Thanks mom.IMG 7414 800x533 thumb Kleenex Care Packs

So there is a little part of me that isn’t the most sympathetic to others when they are feeling less than 100%. But, I am really really trying to get better at this. It’s actually one of my New Year’s Resolutions = Be nicer to everyone except Vegas.

If you are trying to be a little nicer to someone you can send them a free Kleenex care package. Check for specially marked boxes and enter the code on the box online. image thumb21 Kleenex Care Packs

Kleenex brand, America’s softest tissue, knows that once one experiences the softness of Kleenex brand tissues, they will be eager to share it with other cold and flu sufferers, friends and strangers alike, as a way to show they care. This cold and flu season, make the care complete with a Kleenex Brand Care Pack, and together we’ll turn a seemingly-small gesture into something bigger, to make everyone feel better. Visit kleenex.com/softness to learn more.

AuthorLogo Kleenex Care Packs lent thumb Kleenex Care Packs

Lent starts today! I was raised Catholic and went to Catholic school for 12 years so I still observe Lent because it’s such a tradition in my life. I’m giving up soda (diet and reg) and I’m also going to work on cussing less.

Question: Are you observing Lent? Giving anything up?

Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Kleenex via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Kleenex

Comments

1. Natalie from UK says

It’s my sons birthday today too. I gave up diet soda in October and feel 100% better for it and have lost 17 lb. diet dr pepper was my main vice. I’m running my first half marathon on Sunday. Love you blog.

• Ida says

I don’t enjoy all the sponsored posts and give-aways of late either. I’ve been wanting to comment on this as well. I thought Monica once did a post about the importance of balancing sponsored stuff and real blog content? that balance is completely off right now.

2. Kelly says

I made the mistake of asking my husband what I should give up…so the snooze button it is. :p Apparently he’s tired of hearing it every day, lol.

I am giving up french fries for Lent. This is a pretty big deal for me – they’re my absolute favorite treat. It’s for the best though. Let’s just hope I don’t compensate with cupcakes!

Your mom sounds like such a sweet lady. I feel like I should get that Kleenex care pack for anyone who’s sick around me…I’m constantly grossed out by how people will get their snot and whatever all over their hands when they’re sick and then just start touching things. Yuck.

5. jess @ burgers and thighs says

i don’t observe lent but i told my fiance if he gave something up i would too. so we are both going soda free! good luck to you! i know its going to be super duper crazy ridiculously hard for me!

Happy Birthday to your mom! Even though I am grappling a bit with my religion at the moment, I too was raised Catholic and went to Catholic school my entire life. I’m observing Lent by trying to actively spend more time with my grandmother and by giving up soda as well (all type!).

7. Heidi says

I gave up Facebook. I don’t post a lot of stuff to facebook, but I can definitely waste a lot of time on it so I thought this would help to free up some time. And I wouldn’t get mad when people post dumb stuff and complain 24/7.

8. Tara says

Happy bday RER Mom!
    I dont observe Lent (bad, bad Catholic!)
    And I guess the only thing I am willing to give up is cussing. My husband always calls me out when I swear, and I dont swear that much! (Maybe that is why is always so upset when I do!)

For Lent, I am going to focus on healthy eating and making better food choices. Also, I’m giving up wine with dinner during the week. I am really social and love to meet friends and try new restaurants several nights a week. So I am limiting myself to enjoy a glass of wine or two ;) just on the weekend. My longest race, a 10 miler, is in May, so this will hopefully help my training, too!

I was raised in the United Methodist church and I don’t remember giving up anything for Lent. I often wondered too why is the “thing you gave up” okay to do or have on Sunday….or at least I read that somewhere.

Who gives a crap about pushing the ads once in awhile? It doesn’t bother me, it’s just what successful bloggers have to do every now and then. Sheesh.

12. kate says

Hate to say it, but I’m giving up your blog for Lent.
    It’s become sterile and boring and filled with sponsored posts.
    Jenna at ELR went down the same path a few years ago.
    Too bad.
    All the best.
    Kate

13. Gloria says

Lolz at the person giving up your blog for Lent! People are so dramatic. It’s like when people delete their Facebook, but feel the need to announce it on Facebook first.

Good luck with giving us the soda and cussing!