Getting Back Together on Valentine’s Day

In November I announced that I needed a break from my relationship with marathons. Even sunshine burns if you get too much, right?

I wrote my break up letter (or blog post) to running and told him I needed some time.  Then, I focused on enjoying my life in Las Vegas and in Oxnard doing distances that required less of a commitment. I had a great time! 20121202 160444 600x800 thumb Getting Back Together on Valentine’s Day

But…

I couldn’t deny the special place in my heart for the ‘distance of death’ as I like to call it and I wanted to give it another shot.

I ran another full mary two weeks ago. <- That was really supposed to be my good-bye party to fulls – swear. Scouts honor.

However, I had a good time and got a free bib to the LA Marathon and the next thing you know I’m having a baby named Full Jr. wearing a 26.2 necklace and writing very public love letters professing my love for fulls on every social media channel that will listen.

sorta.

VW youre fine for now Getting Back Together on Valentine’s Day

Anyway, today is Valentine’s Day and yesterday I received a very special piece of jewelry I’ve been wanting for a long time – a 26.2 necklace! image thumb22 Getting Back Together on Valentine’s Day

I actually had been shopping around online looking for a marathon charm when reader Jasmine contacted me and offered to send me one! She runs an etsy shop and makes inspirational charms. Perfect timing!

So I picked out this 26.2 charm…20130213 195434 600x800 thumb Getting Back Together on Valentine’s Day

and am already in love with it!20130213 200335 600x800 thumb Getting Back Together on Valentine’s Day

Duck face and pizza in the background, just keeping it classy…20130213 200331 600x800 thumb Getting Back Together on Valentine’s Day

Despite my long term relationship with running, I am very big doing your own thing! If you want some jewelry / candy / flowers – buy it for yourself! Why wait for someone to make ya happy?

So, if you want to buy yourself a piece of Jasmine’s jewelry use the code RUNEATREPEAT and get 20% off! Happy Valentine’s Day!

This morning I ran 4 miles and looked like a crazy in my pink outfit. Own it Monican, it’s okay.IMG 1093 800x600 thumb Getting Back Together on Valentine’s Day

Then, I made myself a three course breakfast. I am not messing around here.

IMG 1098 800x600 thumb Getting Back Together on Valentine’s Day

Question: If you could write a love letter to someone or some thing today – who / what would it be?

Comments

I feel like I remember reading after you ran your first Marathon that you weren’t really a marathon runner and you probably wouldn’t do it again.

Lying liar. :)

Thanks for being an awesome inspiration!

I love your necklace, and if I was ever brave enough to run that far (at one time), I would totes buy one also. PS – your breakfast looks like a lot of the ones I have been consuming lately – trying to do protein, carb and fruit first thing in the morning is tough!

If I could write a love letter to anyone, it would be to my students. They crack me up daily. They frustrate me to no end… but they’re awesome. Working with special ed students is so rewarding & I can’t imagine doing anything else. It’s a good feeling to love your job.

Dear Bama + Ry Customers,

You inspire me every day with your tales… of joy at finding the perfect soul mate, of sadness that your beautiful husband must deploy to a far-off country, of triumph at facing and beating cancer… of getting back into running because it hurts so good. ;) You remind me I do not just make jewelry, but keepsakes and it warms my heart.

Thank you to all of my customers! You have helped me heal after a year of terrible grief and you’ve reminded me that life is so, so beautiful.

Happy Valentine’s Day to all!!!

I love the new necklace! It’s the perfect size and length. Maybe I can drop hints to my fiance that I want one… ;) If running marathons is really in your heart, you should go for it–do what makes you happy. Aside from the people I love, I’d probably write a love letter to my foam roller (although we have a love-hate relationship), my running shoes, or my yoga mat.

My Valentine’s Day Love Letter:

To a certain anonymous red-headed Mexican.
    I miss you. I miss our talks. I miss our walks. I miss the jealous flair I get when seeing your fiery ginger hair. I am also single for the next few weeks and would love a not-so-secret rendezvous again.

Love, Lonely in Laguna

7. Shannon in Tustin says

Cute necklace! :)
    If I could write one love letter today, it would be do my dad. He passed away six years ago. I just wish I could tell him again…

Since I can’t do that, I’ll make sure everyone in my HERE and NOW knows how much I love them (kids, hubs, mom, sibs). I’ll tell my dad when I spend my eternity with him.

Happy Love Day, Monica!

It would be a love letter to my boyfriend.
    But I’d also write one to my pull-up bar. I’ve been loving doing pull-ups, chin-ups, and using it for push-ups. It always leaves my upper body a wreck and then I get noticeably stronger by the next workout.

I saw this online this morning and I thought it would make a perfect contribution as a Valentine’s Day letter/poem.

This love letter should be from you to you:

I Love You More Than Applesauce

I love you more than applesauce,
    Than peaches and a plum,
    Than chocolate hearts,
    And cherry tarts,
    And berry bubble-gum.

I love you more than lemonade,
    And seven-layer cake,
    Than lollipops,
    And candy drops,
    And thick vanilla shake.

I love you more than marzipan,
    Than marmalade on toast;
    For I love pies
    Of any size,
    But I love you the most.

10. Vernie says

Awesome necklace! I just love it!

My love letter would be to my dogs because they have shown me what true unconditional love is. :)

Umm…it’s official. I HAVE to have one of those necklaces! SO CUTE! Except…I will be getting the 13.1 charm. Unlike you, I don’t have my 26.2 cojones yet…thanks for the discount code too!

A love letter to my BFF, Jess, who was my rock, shoulder to cry on, cheerleader when I was studying in Cambridge. We shared a college residential house. The best year of my life! She’s living in London while I’m back home, half the world away.

13. Cindy in Nebraska says

I would definitely write a love letter to my parents, who are no longer alive. I would tell them over and over again how much I miss them and how they left their mark on our lives.
    By the way, Monica, thanks again for the Applebees gift certificate!
    Last night we took our friend out for Valentines Day, but tonight it’s Applebees for hubby and I!!!!

This has nothing to do with your question, lol but I LOVE that necklace and I am so jealouuuuus that you have completed a full. I signed up for my first official 1/2 next month and I ramble on ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL the time about how a full is on my bucket list but with two little kids I don’t know if I’ll have time to train for it, blah blah blah, but I know it’s something that I NEED to do. Anyhoot rambling, LOL. Love your blog. PB Fingers, Yours and SR are my top 3 favs and got me to start my own ramblings. http://www.colorushealthy.com

Why do I not get credit in this post for calling you out on it the day you spoke of your break up with 26.2 – I knew it could never happen. Once you 26.2 you just can’t go back. Happy to see you are back in love!

I would like to write a love letter to all of my pregnancy pains and ailments and then end it with the “it’s not you it’s me” line and break up for good.

When are you sharing your Ultra Sign up news?

I tried to write this yesterday but got too emotional so let’s see if I can finish it today. I would write a love letter to my Dad who passed away in 1994. I would tell him how much I still love him and thank him for being an amazing example to me still to this day. He was always kind to strangers, he loved his family and he never gave up even when things got really tough. I admire him more than anything. I hope that he is proud of the woman I’ve become and will overlook the mistakes I’ve made along the way. I hope that I am even half the person he was.

(Still had tears at the end but finished typing this time)

I love you Henry (Jay) Morris.

I’d write a love letter to:
    1) My husband because he’s such an incredible person and an unbelievably amazing partner in life;
    2) My dad for making the LONG and TRYING journey from our hometown to Harrisburg, PA to visit my husband and me and share a lovely weekend together;
    3) and my body for strongly supporting me in all my physical endeavors and hanging in there even when I don’t treat it (and appreciate it) as well as I should

P.S. I like your 26.2 necklace – I love a shorter-chained necklace!