February Favorite Run and Eat

How did your week go?

Mine has been pretty busy, but quiet. I’m working a lot, my ‘roommate’ is working a lot, the cat is sleeping a lot. The end wlEmoticon winkingsmile1 February Favorite Run and Eat

But it is a new month so let’s recap my favorite Run Eat and post I’d like to Repeat from February 2013…

My favorite RUN

Running RnR New Orleans was on my bucket list and I got so so excited when I registered, remember?

image thumb3 February Favorite Run and Eat

So, even though it wasn’t a fast race – I am super happy I ran in New Orleans! The entire weekend was a blast.

Plus, now Dave owes me big time for getting him a PR so I’m going to say RnR NOLA was #1 for February.

post rnr New Orleans marathon thumb February Favorite Run and Eat

My favorite EAT

As of today I am going to say the beignets at Café du Monde in New Orleans are the best thing I’ve ever eaten. Yes, I’m going that far with it. Boom.

beignets at cafe du monde thumb February Favorite Run and Eat

My favorite post I’d like to REPEAT

My visit to Club 33 in Disneyland was pretty epic!

club 33 dinner at disneyland thumb February Favorite Run and Eat

Plus there was this…

eating a turkey leg at disneyland thumb February Favorite Run and Eat

Tomorrow I’m going to hang out with a group of girls for my friend Lisa’s birthday and Sunday I need to clean my condo top to bottom and catch up on emails and RER stuff.

Question: What are you doing this weekend?

If you’re doing a local race please tell me so I can come out and run with you. I miss it already.

pin it button February Favorite Run and Eat

Comments

1. Samantha says

Tomorrow I am running the Aloha run Las Vegas 5k. And after that I am in full training mod for the OC half marathon in May. Ths will be my second half ever.” Excited/scared like 80% excited and 20% scared or is 80%scared and 20% excited?”

2. Melissa says

I live in north east Ohio….Youngstown. Don’t blame you if you’ve never heard of it. It’s between Cleveland and Pittsburgh, PA. There is a 13.1 on Sunday in town called the Mill Creek Classic. It is reviewed as one of the hardest halfs in the country. 19 very steep hills….plus horrible weather! We have a few inches of snow, but the high on race day is 22. Most of my training runs have been under 28 degrees the past 10 weeks or so. (I run most weekly runs at 5 am).
    This will be my 5th 1/2 in 2 years, but I avoid all hills like the plague! I’ve done my training, but still am freaking out a little! Good luck to everyone this weekend!

I’ll be doing some running and eating this weekend too! I miss having local races so available — maybe I should start a new one in my small(ish) town!

4. Theresa says

Tomorrow I am running a 10 mile trail race called The Mullet Haul. They want runners to sport mullets & I’m using my real hair & tons of hairspray to make my mullet. It’s an hour drive so I’m really hoping I don’t have to stop or have any car problems. It’s my first trail race so I’m excited & nervous!

5. Gillian says

I’m doing Rocket Racing’s Run Like the Wind in Santa Monica on Sunday. Small, informal, whatever distance you want from 5K-marathon. I’m doing 13.1. They do provide some refreshments and medals. I think someone times with a stopwatch but I’ve got my Garmin. Thought it would be a great way to get me to run fast before the short taper to the LA marathon!

6. Nicole says

Our group is running 9 miles in Rancho Cucamonga tomorrow morning! Come run with us! Meet at Central Park on Milliken and Baseline at 7:30. Great! See you there! :)

Long time reader- first time commenter!

Today I am running 8 miles, working on mission stuff for my church, then going to dinner with friends!! :)

We are headed out for brick oven pizza with my in-laws today – should be delish! Tomorrow I’m going to do 8 miles while watching Breaking Dawn Part 2 – hoping it will keep me going.

I decided to participate in a Harlem Shake video last night at one of my favourite local pubs. Tonight a friend of mine is in town from out of Province so we will likely need to go out and get into some trouble. Tomorrow there is a half marathon in Burlington, Ontario (40 mins to the West of Toronto) called the Chilly Half Marathon that I plan on running…I’m actually hoping for a new PR (Sub 1:57). Thanks again for pacing me to my new full “marry” ( <- think that's what your RER readers say) PR in NOLA :)

I just wrote my RNR New Orleans Marathon recap and also included Cafe Du Monde. Ohhhh those little fluffy, powdered sugar pastries are delicious. Right now I am trying to decide if I am going to run the Atlanta Publix Marathon in two weeks. I figured since I am trained, I might as well attempt another full but oh the hills of Atlanta are brutal. Don’t you want to come down and pace me to get a 4:30!?

This weekend I went for the longest run I’ve done in a while (~9.3 mi), and it was fantastic :). Got to run in the park by the river, and it was a nice, quiet morning, too! But I’ve been thinking maybe it’s time to think about replacing my shoes– I’ve had them for about 8-9 months, trained for a half marathon in them and now have another half and a 10 mile race coming up in the next couple months… do you have any recommendations for me? Thank you!!!

12. Katie says

So glad that you had a good time! I love this city – lived here all my life :) Need some advice, I have been running for a few years now and have completed a few half marathons, toying with the idea of going for the full. Are there any training programs that you recommend? My schedule is crazy w/ work so most of my long runs are done solo, but I really want to go for it!